Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anyone else associate numbers/letters with colors?

Maxilla

Maxilla

Officer
"Synesthesia is a perceptual phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.[3][4][5][6] People who report a lifelong history of such experiences are known as synesthetes. Awareness of synesthetic perceptions varies from person to person.[7] In one common form of synesthesia, known as grapheme–color synesthesia or color–graphemic synesthesia, letters or numbers are perceived as inherently colored.[8][9] In spatial-sequence, or number form synesthesia, numbers, months of the year, or days of the week elicit precise locations in space (for example, 1980 may be "farther away" than 1990), or may appear as a three-dimensional map (clockwise or counterclockwise).[10][11] Synesthetic associations can occur in any combination and any number of senses or cognitive pathways."

For me A = red, B = white/blue, C = yellow, ... Same goes for numbers where 1 is white, 2 blue, 3 orange, 4 yellow, 5 red, etc. What an autistic fking trait. I legit belong in an asylum

No im not autistic

I don't have synesthesia

Can’t say I do. Guess it’s like you have a colorcoder stuck in your head.

Which letter or number you associate with smell of fresh asphalt?

I've never experienced this but other people in my family have, apparently it's a common trait for autistic people

No I don't, but I do associate Abstract Ideas with real life examples, anyone who has studied Topology can relate to this.

Very interesting.

Consider yourself lucky if you're not neuro-atypical on top of being ugly
I am autistic sadly I just don't experience this particular symptom

No, I'm not retarded.

"Synesthesia is a perceptual phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway.[3][4][5][6] People who report a lifelong history of such experiences are known as synesthetes. Awareness of synesthetic perceptions varies from person to person.[7] In one common form of synesthesia, known as grapheme–color synesthesia or color–graphemic synesthesia, letters or numbers are perceived as inherently colored.[8][9] In spatial-sequence, or number form synesthesia, numbers, months of the year, or days of the week elicit precise locations in space (for example, 1980 may be "farther away" than 1990), or may appear as a three-dimensional map (clockwise or counterclockwise).[10][11] Synesthetic associations can occur in any combination and any number of senses or cognitive pathways."

For me A = red, B = white/blue, C = yellow, ... Same goes for numbers where 1 is white, 2 blue, 3 orange, 4 yellow, 5 red, etc. What an autistic fking trait. I legit belong in an asylum
Ok GrAYcel

I don't have it but I've heard of this before