Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anybody else get culture shock in your own country?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I've spent my entire life in front of a computer screen. Not only that, I didn't even spend it consuming local content, or any kind of content that the people living in this country consume. I'm avoidant of people so I never had any friends, didn't interact much with people. It's all pretty alien to me. Add autism or aspergers or whatever the fuck I have on top of that and I'm a legit fucking robot/alien compared to other people.

Now there's an additional layer to my anxiety, not just from having to wageslave soon but also dealing with all this culture shock shit, being an alien in my own home country, expected to fit in but being so fucking different from everybody. All I've done is watch and read stuff in English, totally unrelated to the realities of this country. All the things I know are so different from what the normies here know. Seriously, last year I was asked several times where I'm from, they thought I'm from a different country or some shit cause even my accent and the way of expressing myself in my own native language is odd.

I really wish I'd drop dead of a heart attack before I have to wageslave. I can't take toiling for peanuts all day long at some dead-end job, but not only that - I'll be living in this shitty country with these awful backstabby and gossipy people. Not to mention that I'm terrified of running into anybody that ever knew me, not just cause of all the autistic cringe shit I might've done in the past, but when you add those 2 years of alcoholism, I'm legitimately agoraphobic and scared of running into anyone that used to know me or heard of me. Shit, I wish I could just move to a different country but that's not an option for many reasons. Better yet, I wish I could just rot at home all day, but my time is up and I'm forced back into the world.

It doesn’t get better, and you don’t become numb to being a wage slave. Your only option of happiness is finding a job you don’t hate, even better like, get a roommate you actually like and pref a fellow cel, maybe you’ll find one here, and then work to save up money
I still live with my parents, even though I'm too old for that. I don't see myself moving out, the wages in this fucking place are a joke, $300 a month before taxes and that's if I'm lucky, tbh not sure if I can even get that, though I sure as hell won't settle for less. Ahh fuck, just thinking about these numbers depress me. And everybody just thinks that you got to start from the bottom, but really what happens is you spend 20 fucking years toiling for these low fucking wages and it never gets better, if you complain people tell you other shit like it's your fault for not choosing a better career or not working hard enough or whatever the fuck. Fuck I hate this world.

I was asked one time what was my favorite tv channel or to talk about what tv series i liked. Havent watched tv in like ... 15 years? I couldn't say anything. In those situations people wonder what is wrong with me jfl, how could I exist without consooming normie trash.

I sometimes accidentally formulate things in a way that is a literal translation of the english language, which sounds odd as fuck to people.

I can't relate to normies in any way and my life experiences are so drastically different from theirs. I'm not a sperg, I can act and fake it well, but I can't cover up my lack of knowledge tbh

I was asked one time what was my favorite tv channel or to talk about what tv series i liked. Havent watched tv in like ... 15 years? I couldn't say anything. In those situations people wonder what is wrong with me jfl, how could I exist without consooming normie trash.

I sometimes accidentally formulate things in a way that is a literal translation of the english language, which sounds odd as fuck to people.

I can't relate to normies in any way and my life experiences are so drastically different from theirs. I'm not a sperg, I can act and fake it well, but I can't cover up my lack of knowledge tbh
Wow, that is incredibly accurate. I also translate from English, not just some phrases but I think I pretty much translate everything. It really sucks when I'm trying to translate an idiom or something and I have no idea of the equivalent in my native language. Actually, I tend to stop and not find the right words to express myself very often.

Not to mention that all my humor and references are in English, they're totally useless irl.

I'm not a sperg either nowadays, and I never was too much of a sperg tbh (though just enough to create countless humiliating/cringe moments), but I guess it does slip out sometimes.

Wow, that is incredibly accurate. I also translate from English, not just some phrases but I think I pretty much translate everything. It really sucks when I'm trying to translate an idiom or something and I have no idea of the equivalent in my native language. Actually, I tend to stop and not find the right words to express myself very often.

Not to mention that all my humor and references are in English, they're totally useless irl.

I'm not a sperg either nowadays, and I never was too much of a sperg tbh (though just enough to create countless humiliating/cringe moments), but I guess it does slip out sometimes.
Also I'm so detached from the politics and the celebrities of my country. I was once asked what my favorite singer (from the country) was and I couldn't name a single one jfl. That's when I realized how detached I am from normies.

I also don't know the geography of this country too well tbh. Why would I? Not like I have a car and people to go to places with

Same here, but some reason I can act as normie, even I surprised about it, actually I'm flagged as "that werid guy" too, but, they just see me as a lazy retard plays games all day long. I think because normies are not think much, once you're able to talk like one of them, you're fine.

I just realized that how surreal is this, we can't fully communicate with other people, and don't understand them, this life is a joke.

I can relate. For me sport is the biggest culture shock. Normies simply can't wrap their head around the fact that I don't give a fuck about a bunch of morons kicking a ball around a field.

Same here, but some reason I can act as normie, even I surprised about it, actually I'm flagged as "that werid guy" too, but, they just see me as a lazy retard plays games all day long. I think because normies are not think much, once you're able to talk like one of them, you're fine.

I just realized that how surreal is this, we can't fully communicate with other people, and don't understand them, this life is a joke.
Yeah when doing my bachelor's I was browsing my phone all the time. They saw me play a few games and since then I was classified as a "gamer". A girl even told me that I seem obsessed with games. Wtf, I didn't even play that much. Though I guess normies in uni speak with each other and do all kinds of social stuff, instead I was isolating myself and just sticking to my phone.
I can relate. For me sport is the biggest culture shock. Normies simply can't wrap their head around the fact that I don't give a fuck about a bunch of morons kicking a ball around a field.
Ohh yeah I know fuck all about sports, but I don't think that's that weird.

Yeah when doing my bachelor's I was browsing my phone all the time. They saw me play a few games and since then I was classified as a "gamer". A girl even told me that I seem obsessed with games. Wtf, I didn't even play that much. Though I guess normies in uni speak with each other and do all kinds of social stuff, instead I was isolating myself and just sticking to my phone.

They basically see every non social people as "gamer" I don't play much too, not fun anymore.
They probably think like what else he can do at computer. They really don't think, because its how humans actually develop, they don't have to think about existence, social anxiety, and other shit, we're just failure. Imagine a life they you don't have to force your brain 7/24, can't relate.

Because you seemed like someone who was so detached and foreign to their culture, so once they saw you play games they figured that's what you were focusing on, that's all you cared about. Normies feel the need to figure out someone who's different from them

I still live with my parents, even though I'm too old for that. I don't see myself moving out, the wages in this fucking place are a joke, $300 a month before taxes and that's if I'm lucky, tbh not sure if I can even get that, though I sure as hell won't settle for less. Ahh fuck, just thinking about these numbers depress me. And everybody just thinks that you got to start from the bottom, but really what happens is you spend 20 fucking years toiling for these low fucking wages and it never gets better, if you complain people tell you other shit like it's your fault for not choosing a better career or not working hard enough or whatever the fuck. Fuck I hate this world.
300 a month? I make like 10 times that and still can’t afford my own place. How much is a 1 bedroom apartment rental in your area? It’s about 900 minimum here. But most in the 1,000-1,400 range.

Normies are looking for anything weird that unattractive guys do so they can have the opportunity to use them for laughs.
They basically see every non social people as "gamer" I don't play much too, not fun anymore.
They probably think like what else he can do at computer. They really don't think, because its how humans actually develop, they don't have to think about existence, social anxiety, and other shit, we're just failure. Imagine a life they you don't have to force your brain 7/24, can't relate.
Too true. They also start rumors that you might be a serial killer or up to no good if they don't see you as being a social person. But of course when you try to be social you are the annoying kid that no one likes.

300 a month? I make like 10 times that and still can’t afford my own place. How much is a 1 bedroom apartment rental in your area? It’s about 900 minimum here. But most in the 1,000-1,400 range.
I just looked online and tbh can't figure it out, the prices vary. $100 for 1 room maybe? That can get you something for sure, don't know the conditions though. People who know how to look can probably find for less idk.

I mostly stay at home or school/work. Because of this I am shocked whenever I go out and see foids of my own country dress like complete western whores with their boyfriends, who they probably fuck thus cucking their future betabuxx husband. I forget just how fast this nation is accelerating towards moral decadence. Even foids in the countryside are getting into premarital extramarital sex

there are barely people around me

I always get culture shocks in my own country. I don't even know how to orientate in the cities in my proximity, I never went there to go shopping because I had no interest in buying stuff and due to being socially excluded I never partied. I use my car only a few times per year. I only visited regional festivals as a child, because my parents forced me, but always got into trouble with other children and therefore I stopped going there. I know literally nothing about my living place and I have also little to no curiosity regarding that subject. I only leave the house to get into the forests/mountains and most of the time with my own car. As I was still a child, my mother drove me always. I only learned about trains and how to use them in my adult years as I had to absolve a traineeship in a city, I also work mainly in proximity of my home and can use the bicycle to come to work. I have an extremely narrow view of the world and little to no experience.

couldn't have said it better :dafuckfeels:

It doesn’t get better, and you don’t become numb to being a wage slave.
I really am starting to think normies are automatons that just don't give a shit if they're forced to something long enough. Same with tranny shit, just blast them with enough garbage and they'll absorb it by osmosis. Truly NPC meme is one of the most on point memes in last couple of years.

I wish someone had hammered this into my head when I was younger. Wageslaving NEVER gets better. You get dopamine hit from accomplishing a task or solving a case (that too depends on your job), but it's not job that's fun, or something specific to that job, that's just doing productive stuff in general. I get the same dopamine hit from making a shitty meme edit, except I am not forced to do it 8 hours a day.
You only learn to tune it out, it's like bearing with having a nail stuck to your side, you tune out the pain, but it's there.

I was culture shocked by just how degenerate and openly degenerate current society is.

I've spent my entire life in front of a computer screen. Not only that, I didn't even spend it consuming local content, or any kind of content that the people living in this country consume. I'm avoidant of people so I never had any friends, didn't interact much with people. It's all pretty alien to me. Add autism or aspergers or whatever the fuck I have on top of that and I'm a legit fucking robot/alien compared to other people.

Now there's an additional layer to my anxiety, not just from having to wageslave soon but also dealing with all this culture shock shit, being an alien in my own home country, expected to fit in but being so fucking different from everybody. All I've done is watch and read stuff in English, totally unrelated to the realities of this country. All the things I know are so different from what the normies here know. Seriously, last year I was asked several times where I'm from, they thought I'm from a different country or some shit cause even my accent and the way of expressing myself in my own native language is odd.

I really wish I'd drop dead of a heart attack before I have to wageslave. I can't take toiling for peanuts all day long at some dead-end job, but not only that - I'll be living in this shitty country with these awful backstabby and gossipy people.
Dude, I swear to God you're me.
I worked somewhere for a couple years recently and the culture shock was awful. I had no idea people have so much sex, and how easy it is for them. And I have nothing in common with them. I speak/read more English than my own language. I totally feel like an alien here.

I mostly stay at home or school/work. Because of this I am shocked whenever I go out and see foids of my own country dress like complete western whores with their boyfriends, who they probably fuck thus cucking their future betabuxx husband. I forget just how fast this nation is accelerating towards moral decadence. Even foids in the countryside are getting into premarital extramarital sex
It's been so fast, can't even think, I get a lot of cultural shocks or just shocks tbh. Tho I rarely go outside, yet it's so obvious.

Dude, I swear to God you're me.
I worked somewhere for a couple years recently and the culture shock was awful. I had no idea people have so much sex, and how easy it is for them. And I have nothing in common with them. I speak/read more English than my own language. I totally feel like an alien here.
Damn, that really sucks. I wish it were easier for people like us to be self-employed, but tbh I've been looking into it for quite a while now and self-employment is even harder than just sucking it up and getting a job apparently. Wish I could live in the woods or some shit. I thought about it so often that I even "jokingly" talked to my dad about it, and he said that that would indeed be a great life. Then he started talking about how great a forest ranger that he was talking about one time was living. First thing he mentioned? The forest ranger's beautiful wife and how good her cooking was. Jfl, reminders that I'm incel everywhere. Anyway, long story short you can't even be a forest ranger without being an extroverted normie. Those jobs go to big, burly manly men who are connected to the politicla mafias and clans, at least in this country. I wasn't even thinking about being a forest ranger though, just some dude living in far away from civilization. But to be honest I've spent my entire life lying in bed with my laptop next to me, it's too anxiety-inducing for me to even go outside for a walk, so these thoughts are particularly stupid, I'll definitely never live like that. Also my body is an atrophied piece of shit by now so there's so many reasons why living alone in some shack far from civilization isn't viable for me.

noticed a lot more ethnics and muslims down here in the south of uk recently thats about it

I do get a culture shock but not for this reason if you know what I'm saying...

All joking aside, yeah kinda I never watch television all my youtube recommendations are from other countries, I'm basically an American, I even catch myself thinking in English sometimes, oh well maybe you can be an interesting tourist to them, girls talk about how they love accents *winkwink* (jk it's over).