Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do you think remember society before smartphones?

AsiaCel

AsiaCel

ACCELERATIONIST INCEL DEATH SQUAD
★★★★★
Man, I miss these days, which is ironic because I am a bigger smartphone zombie then most people on the street (though I don't zombify to text friends but use it like a portable PC).

I hope there would be a time where we can reverse the changes of 2012; the evergrowing wokeism, the commercialization of internet, more importantly, no smartphones and high speed internet which means all aspects of quality of life would be much easier.

I remembered during 2014, a smartphone wasn't required. When I lost my phone (which I traded my PS3 for), I could do fine with just a flip phone, playing snakes and these old java games.

Hell, you can retrieve some of this nostalgia with old games like GTA 4.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msSgxkHA04M

North Korea is the last place where phone usage isn't en masse; unfortunately, I've heard from someone they are zombifying too.

Check this video out - no phone, no globohomo "fashion".

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fL2r6FbEzs

North Korea is the last place where phone usage isn't en masse; unfortunately, I've heard from someone they are zombifying too.
Because their pretty poor

slightly longer attention spans i guess.
Most people on the public transport were zombifying to newspapers though.

im old. remember those nokia phones with snake game from early 2000s. first person shooters on dial up.

wokeism has been on the rize since the 60s, you just have nostalgia cope

Did my post inspire this thread maby :feelsaww:
I think the YouTube cultural zietgiest and meme culture in general died after this tbh. 2018 felt like the final year that was truly positive for online content. Well, at least compared to how things are now. I think that in the modern day, there wouldn't be such a strong, unanimity of opposition to a social media platform's shitty business choices. The fact that YouTube Rewind 2018 only represented and gave voice to a tiny minority of its audience—such as LGBTQs, drag fags, and deathnics of other cultures and nationalities—and that it attempted social commentary and blatant progressivism were other major points of contention literally everyone had with it.

When even normalfags collectively agree that the jewish agenda was shoehorned in, you know something's wrong jfl.
There was two milestones; More precisely, gravestones for the internet.

2012 where tinder happened and society becomes smartphone zombified

2020 where the plandemic accelerated the woke censorship agenda and basically embolden the progressives and their governments

Did my post inspire this thread mab :feelsaww:
Maybe.

But my point is I want to return to a pre smartphone era, it would make life much better and less dehumanizing

Making friends was much easier back then; I just asked people to hang out and we chill with playstation at home

Yeah, I had a sony ericsson phone

im old. remember those nokia phones with snake game from early 2000s. first person shooters on dial up.
I used to have One of those!! My jite ...

Maybe.

But my point is I want to return to a pre smartphone era, it would make life much better and less dehumanizing

Making friends was much easier back then; I just asked people to hang out and we chill with playstation at home
Yeah, I definitely have a rose-colored view of what life was like before smartphones effectively started to replace socialization in the external world. I wouldn’t want to revert back to those times though because I enjoy the modern luxuries of technology way too much. Both my lifestyle and my mental wellbeing literally depend on it.

Last edited:
I myself use Nokia 3310 (2017) 3G which since last year as my primary phone. I'm mostly on PC, but occasionally turn on my smartphone and use it on weekends when all i wanna do is just lay down in bed. I'm even able to browse .is with it, considering it's a JAVA phone (LMAO!!!!!)

It's not that my life instantly changed for the better, but i indeed notice some improvements since when i downgraded using a smartphone to dumbphone. I became even more autistic and pushing away the NT scum, but at least i have prevented tons of brain neurotoxicity from brainless social media scrolling.

Last edited:
Yeah, I definitely have a rose-colored view of what life was like before smartphones effectively replaced normal communication. I wouldn’t want to revert back to those times though because I enjoy the modern luxuries of technology way too much. Both my lifestyle and my mental wellbeing literally depend on it.
I think many people here, including you, won't need to "LDAR and NEET" if there were no smartphones and social media.

Like I said, socializing was much easier back then.

Normies will have the incentives to socialize with "non desirables" instead of only interacting with top 1% via Instagram and tinder.

Check this video out - no phone, no globohomo "fashion".
This was a really fascinating video.

And yes, I remember society before smartphones. But I also remember how foids were spending all day SMS texting Chad on their feature phones.

Smartphones and technology are just one of the reasons the situation got so bad. But the issue is so complex. There must be like 50 different reasons why it got so bad.

I remember it well, pre any mobile era. For general population it was better, losers hanged out with other losers, people (mostly foids) were more humble as internet didnt boost their ego, people werent as aware how crappy their lives are because they couldnt see chads and stacies (and most beckies) living the dream. Good and bad thing, copes werent so easy available. I personally as my life sucked back then either way, i wouldve like very much if i had a simple smartphone back then, people were dreaming of owning such a device, it would feel like sci fi.

Last edited:
I miss those days so much

Now that i've read this thread again and after feeling like a stupid low IQ idiot i'm obligated to answer your question - yes i do remember those times, but not as vividly as like a grown adult would have lived in those times since i'm a dumbass OG zoomer from 1997. I fucking miss the internet cafe era and how everything felt authentic, unlike now... Life back then felt OK, until i turned 15... That's why i am posting on incel forums. Nothing to do with smartphone use.

Last edited:
I think many people here, including you, won't need to "LDAR and NEET" if there were no smartphones and social media.

Like I said, socializing was much easier back then.

Normies will have the incentives to socialize with "non desirables" instead of only interacting with top 1% via Instagram and tinder.
That's a good point, and I honestly agree with you. In the past, instead of being cooped up in their bedrooms and mindlessly scrolling through social media watching other people live their lives, men who society deemed low value actually went out and socialized because there was no other options to blow off steam. It was the default way to relax and unwind, even for losers like us.

Most of us would have established our own social circles with other likeminded individuals in the external world, much like how normies do at present. The absence of social media in the past made it relatively easier for men who were considered less attractive to navigate through life. Unlike today, women did not have the means to constantly reinforce unattainable standards for men, ranging from physical appearance, such as height and facial features, to financial status.

yes, even though i was a kid

I remember flip phones, i didnt have phone so i was mostly rotting watching tv.

Yes but I was really young

It wasn't much better. Being ugly still meant you would be excluded from every aspect of society. If anything nowadays incels can cope together rather than rot alone and die without ever having expressed their feelings