Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you think near death experiences are "real"?

I

ionlycopenow

Self-banned
-
You hear alot about them. Some sound great.. some sound just awful... some report nothingness. Do you believe people who had "clinical death" and report some sort of experience?

Interesting to note that it seems anyone who reports versions that sound like heaven or hell are always adults... toddlers unfortunate enough to die temporarily don't ever do that, they generally only talk about Santa Claus or something. @based_meme thoughts? Does religion influence a NDE?

Another interesting thought, what if during that state you actually weren't experiencing anything, and when you come back it's simply your brain trying to explain what happened in your mind?

There is also a more recent theory that points out the massive similarities in taking DMT and NDEs.

"Even fleeting bursts of electrical activity deep in the brain’s temporal lobe, even a few seconds worth, can evoke experiences of the paranormal and mystical. Last August, a team from Imperial College London reported that the psychedelic drug DMT mimics near-death experiences in the brain. Thirteen volunteers given intravenous DMT completed the Greyson scale — that standardized questionnaire that tries to quantify near-death experiences. They all scored above the threshold for an NDE. Dr. Robin Carhart-Harris, the study’s supervisor, noted when the paper was released: “These findings are important as they remind us that NDEs occur because of significant changes in the way the brain is working, not because of something beyond the brain.”"

46% came back with stories. "From interviews with more than 100 survivors of cardiac arrest, 46 percent retained memories of their brush with death, centred around a number of common themes, including bright lights, family, and fear.

But even more intriguingly, two of the patients were able to recall events related to their resuscitation that happened after they had died, which, according to conventional views about consciousness beyond clinical death, shouldn't have been possible.

It sounds amazing, but it's worth noting that the phenomenon was only reported by 2 percent of patients, and Parnia himself even later admitted "the easiest explanation is that this is probably an illusion"."

Last edited:
Stories of flying angels and light at the end of the tunnel is probably a brain hallucination. The only good i see is that some seems to have a epiphany about reality that can change them.

I wish i had a complete death experience :feelsrope:

Stories of flying angels and light at the end of the tunnel is probably a brain hallucination. The only good i see is that some seems to have a epiphany about reality that can change them.
"
He also has trouble with the hallucination theory. When people have a lack of oxygen to the brain — something Parnia sees daily in the intensive care unit —they become completely delusional and disoriented. With delusions, thinking becomes fragment, a muddled mess. “They don’t have well-structured thought processes,” he says. They thrash about and, if the oxygen becomes too low, they go into a coma. NDE-ers, by contrast, report vivid experiences.

In addition, “people are coming back and describing real events that have occurred and that doctors and nurses have verified, validated.” So, by definition, they can’t be hallucinations, because they’re describing real events, he argues.

"

Just one guys opinion on this

Furthermore....

"But there’s a hitch: To test the veracity of out-of-body experiences, or OBEs, researchers had stacked shelves in rooms where people were most likely to go into cardiac arrest, like coronary care units, the ICU and emergency wards. Atop each stack of shelves, visible only from the ceiling looking down, were hidden targets – pictures of a baby, a pink dog, a newspaper headline of Princess Diana’s death. The researchers were after visually “veridical” OBEs, in which the experiencer reports verifiable information that could never have been obtained by any earthly means. Skeptics have argued that it’s entirely possible people see or hear things while the brain’s sensory pathways are shutting down. But what if they could get verifiable proof of “remote viewing?”

However, most of the cardiac arrests took place in areas without the shelves. None of the nine who reported NDEs — and neither of the two who reported out-of-body experiences — reported seeing the hidden images"

I guess it's comforting to know only a fraction of who actually die then come back get NDEs but then again that makes everything much more random
I wish i had a complete death experience :feelsrope:
It seems most stories about NDEs report it being bliss. However there are ones that say it's horrible, but those are in the minority and under specific circumstances. So you don't know.

If it's bliss that actually comforts me and makes me less suicidal, in a weird way.

Last edited:
"
He also has trouble with the hallucination theory. When people have a lack of oxygen to the brain — something Parnia sees daily in the intensive care unit —they become completely delusional and disoriented. With delusions, thinking becomes fragment, a muddled mess. “They don’t have well-structured thought processes,” he says. They thrash about and, if the oxygen becomes too low, they go into a coma. NDE-ers, by contrast, report vivid experiences.

In addition, “people are coming back and describing real events that have occurred and that doctors and nurses have verified, validated.” So, by definition, they can’t be hallucinations, because they’re describing real events, he argues.

"

Just one guys opinion on this

Furthermore....

"But there’s a hitch: To test the veracity of out-of-body experiences, or OBEs, researchers had stacked shelves in rooms where people were most likely to go into cardiac arrest, like coronary care units, the ICU and emergency wards. Atop each stack of shelves, visible only from the ceiling looking down, were hidden targets – pictures of a baby, a pink dog, a newspaper headline of Princess Diana’s death. The researchers were after visually “veridical” OBEs, in which the experiencer reports verifiable information that could never have been obtained by any earthly means. Skeptics have argued that it’s entirely possible people see or hear things while the brain’s sensory pathways are shutting down. But what if they could get verifiable proof of “remote viewing?”

However, most of the cardiac arrests took place in areas without the shelves. None of the nine who reported NDEs — and neither of the two who reported out-of-body experiences — reported seeing the hidden images"

I guess it's comforting to know only a fraction of who actually die then come back get NDEs but then again that makes everything much more random

It seems most stories about NDEs report it being bliss. However there are ones that say it's horrible, but those are in the minority and under specific circumstances. So you don't know.

If it's bliss that actually comforts me and makes me less suicidal, in a weird way.
You can get what sounds like near death experiences from psychadellic drugs. It really feels like you are dying and then you are gone.

You can get what sounds like near death experiences from psychadellic drugs. It really feels like you are dying and then you are gone.
Not even close really since you're not actually dead.

Some NDEs sound like a trip.
Some people recall literally ascending into the light.

Last edited:

Not even close really since you're not actually dead.
The ego dies though, you are not even human mentally. Feels like you are dying and your life flashes before your eyes before the trip hits.

Some folks say, the light at the end of the tunnel is a soul trap to keep souls trapped on the earth plane.

Sort of like a bug zapper for souls.

http://www.trickedbythelight.com/tbtl/light.shtml
/\very long read...
Short read/\
Who knows what the truth is?

It sure ain't coming from some jew book!

My bet is that it's stranger than we can possibly imagine.

Oh yeah. Humans have been on earth far longer than Sumerian times. The old buildings prove it. That "creation story" about gold digging slaves for aliens is yet another story.
Our history is a (((fraud))).

Last edited:
Nope, everything that one feels and experiences is all a product of the human brain.
Human consciousness is nothing but a biological phenomenon; furthermore, near-death experiences are also nothing but a product of electrical impulses and chemicals.
There is no afterlife, thus there is no soul.
Once you're dead, you're dead; there is no going backward and there is no going forward.

The "tunnel" of the nde, is the "silver cord" astral thread, that connects your soul to your body. It's your way of reaching out to a destination... Like a tentacle...

Once ded, you no longer have a body, therefore are not connected to it.

All psychic travel is instant. No tunnel is needed. All you do is imagine yourself there and POOF! There you are.

When you see a "open tunnel" it's actually, "someone" or, "something" reaching out to you. Similar to a vacuum cleaner hose.

Just like people run from hate they are attracted to love. Therefore the soul trap concept might be true.

This is why it's important - and almost impossible - to control your own mind!

It's difficult because the harvesting things don't want people to see the truth.

Ever notice that EVERYTHING EATS OTHER STUFF that is alive here? It's a world based on death and eating!

Even dirt comes from death. Of leaves...

Real in what sense? Their brain activities might indicate sensory experiences that look similar to when they're having waking experiences. In that respect both their NDEs and their waking experiences are real.

Real in the sense of a shared local perceptual space? Obviously not, since only you know what sensory experiences are being processed by your mind.

Some folks say, the light at the end of the tunnel is a soul trap to keep souls trapped on the earth plane.

/\very long read...
Short read/\

Oh yeah. Humans have been on earth far longer than Sumerian times. The old buildings prove it. That "creation story" about gold digging slaves for aliens is yet another story.
Would you go into the light then, emba?
Nope, everything that one feels and experiences is all a product of the human brain.
Human consciousness is nothing but a biological phenomenon; furthermore, near-death experiences are also nothing but a product of electrical impulses and chemicals.
There is no afterlife, thus there is no soul.
Once you're dead, you're dead; there is no going backward and there is no going forward.
Very confident about something you have 0 way to prove

Last edited:
Would you go into the light then, emba?

Very confident about something you have 0 way to prove
I suppose it depends on if i can resist it good enough. Or somehow bypass it.

After seeing how untrustworthy the authorities is here on earth, it makes sense that whatever "god" that controls the afterlife is probably scum too.

Maybe the light is only for gullible suckers?

I suppose it depends on if i can resist it good enough. Or somehow bypass it.

After seeing how untrustworthy the authorities is here on earth, it makes sense that whatever "god" that controls the afterlife is probably scum too.

Maybe the light is only for gullible suckers?
So you're telling me if you died and saw a light, you would just sit there and do nothing as everything gets darker?

Also, just saying, just because humanity is scum doesn't necessarily mean everything in existence is

So you're telling me if you died and saw a light, you would just sit there and do nothing as everything gets darker?

Also, just saying, just because humanity is scum doesn't necessarily mean everything in existence is
Sure. I often sit in the dark in the woods. I have no fear of it. I have other senses. I would probably teleport somewhere rather than take some strange tunnel that "i didn't create" via a "desire to go somewhere." (Similar to the "shamanic journey.")

According to the nde experiencers, everything "offworld" is mostly nice. I'm just considering the earth realm tunnel "owners." Rather go elsewhere tbh.

I have plenty of experience sitting alone in the dark. I like it.

Sure. I often sit in the dark in the woods. I have no fear of it. I have other senses. I would probably teleport somewhere rather than take some strange tunnel that "i didn't create" via a "desire to go somewhere." (Similar to the "shamanic journey.")

According to the nde experiencers, everything "offworld" is mostly nice. I'm just considering the earth realm tunnel "owners." Rather go elsewhere tbh.

I have plenty of experience sitting alone in the dark. I like it.
You're fine with sitting in the dark for what might be forever?

What if you are wrong, tbh, and you cuck yourself out of entrance to heaven? What if you never "teleport" anywhere else?

Never had one

You're fine with sitting in the dark for what might be forever?

What if you are wrong, tbh, and you cuck yourself out of entrance to heaven?
Have you been around any CHRISTAINS/ Muslimes, lately? I would rather burn in pain in hell forever than spend a few hours in saccharine bliss with them.

The dark is cozy.

Have you been around any CHRISTAINS/ Muslimes, lately? I would rather burn in pain in hell forever than spend a few hours in saccharine bliss with them.

The dark is cozy.
I wish I could be that low inhib :feelsbadman:

You're really saying that if you get a hellish nightmare NDE and there's a light that says it can help you leave it, you would rather sit in the hellish state of pain and fear forever?

Is it low inhib to hide in the dark?
Some people have described their NDE to be horrible. Not just darkness but pain and fear. They are often called to by what seems like a family member, and they say they feel immense relief and comfort when they try to get closer to them. You're saying you would not do this and choose to rot in fear forever instead?

Some people have described their NDE to be horrible. Not just darkness but pain and fear. They are often called to by what seems like a family member, and they say they feel immense relief and comfort when they try to get closer to them. You're saying you would not do this and choose to rot in fear forever instead?
Why should i fear darkness? Or rather, "nothing?" I haved lived alone already for many decades. No one has reached out to me, but only to demand something from me!

I have no fear of death. It's a natural thing! I don't seek it. But i understand the eventual nature of it.

I probably will just teleport to some cozy memory spot or go to some happy time loop of me and a puppy. Or something.

I am NOT a jew. Thinking that "people are life."

That's the problem with people these days... Can't stand themselves and always need others to "validate them."

Yeah. I wouldn't mind being loved. But not some fake ass karma reincarnation bullshit scam to lure me back here.

Im not Chad

Why should i fear darkness? Or rather, "nothing?" I haved lived alone already for many decades. No one has reached out to me, but only to demand something from me!

I have no fear of death. It's a natural thing! I don't seek it. But i understand the eventual nature of it.

I probably will just teleport to some cozy memory spot or go to some happy time loop of me and a puppy. Or something.

I am NOT a jew. Thinking that "people are life."

That's the problem with people these days... Can't stand themselves and always need others to "validate them."

Yeah. I wouldn't mind being loved. But not some fake ass karma reincarnation bullshit scam to lure me back here.

Im not Chad
I'm saying some people it's not just darkness it's literal pain and torment and terrifying imagery. Maybe you're right I guess, but I don't know yet. Im not as old as you, maybe I'll calm down over it eventually.

Are you saying karma is real? But it's optional? I don't get your point here tbh.

Last edited:
to many varying narratives and nuances for them to be real, their all generated through the failure of thalamus to regulate consciousness just like an acid or dmt trip induces ego death with a high enough dosage.

i took a massive hit of dmt not too long ago and had an experience very familiar to an NDE I read prior. I am 99% certain they are not real.

Last edited:
I think a near death experience is something like having a loaded gun pointed at you and nothing more. Dunno about that heaven and hell stuff because im agnostic

I'm saying some people it's not just darkness it's literal pain and torment and terrifying imagery. Maybe you're right I guess, but I don't know yet. Im not as old as you, maybe I'll calm down over it eventually.

Are you saying karma is real? But it's optional? I don't get your point here tbh.
I think karma would only be useful if the reason was in memory.

Currently the concept is like punishing a dog for shitting on the carpet a week ago!

But hey. I'm just guessing too. No one knows until they die. And dead men tell no tales...

I've read a shitload of nde stuff and i REALLY hate the concept of a god puppeteer! I much prefer to take personal responsibility for my existence. At least as much as possible.

No angels helped me in my sadness! My pain is now. And it's caused by having a body.

I do believe in a "big huge energy field" that's alive. But it's not some kind of a ego being requiring worship.

/\very long read...
Short read/\

The "tunnel" of the nde, is the "silver cord" astral thread, that connects your soul to your body. It's your way of reaching out to a destination... Like a tentacle...

Once ded, you no longer have a body, therefore are not connected to it.

All psychic travel is instant. No tunnel is needed. All you do is imagine yourself there and POOF! There you are.

When you see a "open tunnel" it's actually, "someone" or, "something" reaching out to you. Similar to a vacuum cleaner hose.

Just like people run from hate they are attracted to love. Therefore the soul trap concept might be true.

This is why it's important - and almost impossible - to control your own mind!

It's difficult because the harvesting things don't want people to see the truth.

Ever notice that EVERYTHING EATS OTHER STUFF that is alive here? It's a world based on death and eating!

Even dirt comes from death. Of leaves...
I'm afraid of Demiurge pulling some incredible stunt at my death to convince me to reincarnate or join his army or whatever
I should meditationmaxx to build up the mental strength required not to give in

I'm afraid of Demiurge pulling some incredible stunt at my death to convince me to reincarnate or join his army or whatever
Agreed. That is probably why it's so difficult to meditate in the modern world.

Anger can be useful! The mantra, "Ra!" (Like an angry growl) can be used to attain super strength! Try it...

At this point in my life i don't trust anything, except myself, and only BARELY then.

Once I died and I woke up at a banquet dining with the ancient Kings of Ireland and Gaelic princesses were pouring me wine. The druids told me I had to come back to life to suck NEET money from the British government.

Once I died and I woke up at a banquet dining with the ancient Kings of Ireland and Gaelic princesses were pouring me wine. The druids told me I had to come back to life to suck NEET money from the British government.
Not sure if serious.

I think karma would only be useful if the reason was in memory.

Currently the concept is like punishing a dog for shitting on the carpet a week ago!

But hey. I'm just guessing too. No one knows until they die. And dead men tell no tales...

I've read a shitload of nde stuff and i REALLY hate the concept of a god puppeteer! I much prefer to take personal responsibility for my existence. At least as much as possible.

No angels helped me in my sadness! My pain is now. And it's caused by having a body.

I do believe in a "big huge energy field" that's alive. But it's not some kind of a ego being requiring worship.
Why big huge energy field jfl

Say this is real and you decline. What do you think happens next

Agreed. That is probably why it's so difficult to meditate in the modern world.

Anger can be useful! The mantra, "Ra!" (Like an angry growl) can be used to attain super strength! Try it...

At this point in my life i don't trust anything, except myself, and only BARELY then.
interesting, I'll try it

meditation leaves me anxious and depressed tbh, the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do
I guess it's because of my mental state: you're supposed to detach from your thoughts during meditation but I'm not a master and being left alone with my thoughts isn't a pleasant experience; maybe if I were psychically/spiritually sound, I'd feel peace
I enter Equestria through a magical mirror, duh
Untitled

Not sure if serious.

Why big huge energy field jfl

Read or get the audiobook,

The kabalion

It explains it...

Basically, all there is, is everything.

interesting, I'll try it

meditation leaves me anxious and depressed tbh, the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do
I guess it's because of my mental state: you're supposed to detach from your thoughts during meditation but I'm not a master and being left alone with my thoughts isn't a pleasant experience; maybe if I were psychically/spiritually sound, I'd feel peace

I enter Equestria through a magical mirror, duh
View attachment 328834
When I try to meditate I get intense fear and start to think I'm not real jfl

Yeah, illusions can be caused under any extreme scenario. Sometimes they can be extremely weird as in being on another planet type of weird shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back