Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Do You Think Free Will is an Illusion? Are We a Simulation of Genes + Environment?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5861
  • Start date

Do You Think Free Will is an Illusion? Are We a Simulation of Genes + Environment?

• Total voters
Deleted member 5861

Deleted member 5861

Blackpill Scientist
-
This is what evolution basically is. What else effects the way we are besides these two? I think we are a simulation, like programmers wrote code for our AI thru our genes and our environment is the setting for our character.

In steins gate the main character has seemingly 0 control over 1 thing, that's not fatalism or determinism which believe that you can't choose

However, like I said: grades after the first year of high school are determined by genetics + environment

yes 100% thats the blackpill

You can't deny determinism. As hormones predict our behaviour and decisions we make, it's more likely we're playing in some hellish show, where every our move is predefined, but we just don't know it.

Hell yes. That is part of why foids act the way they do.

You can't deny determinism. As hormones predict our behaviour and decisions we make, it's more likely we're playing in some hellish show, where every our move is predefined, but we just don't know it.

Explain then why everything I do feels like I made the choice to do it.

You're saying we're all operating on autopilot, with no control? It damn feels like I have some control.

yeah history is an illusion, it's a cope.

You're saying we're all operating on autopilot, with no control? It damn feels like I have some control.
That is what an illusion is. I even remember experiments where scientists find our what the person was going to do thru their brain before the subject decided to do that exact action. And evildoer just linked it when I was typing this.

Yes indeed, it feels like you have some control. That is ehy it is called an "illusion".

just write your future and stick to it. long live delusions

Hack the simulation with your brain and meditate until you're chad

Just think for 13 seconds how your brain actually works...
"Free will" is an extremely vague concept and is, for all intent and purposes, undefendable.

Hack the simulation with your brain and meditate until you're chad
That would be genetic engineering, which oddly enough, is a developing field. Could cure inceldom.

thats why w(h)o(re)-man exists. Our own A.I. for our loneliness. Another failure?

No we can decide what we want to do at any given time.

No we can decide what we want to do at any given time.
Try going naked in public. Society already told you that you can't do it. Your choice is made

We are all biological computers

Yes indeed, it feels like you have some control. That is ehy it is called an "illusion".

Then there should be an explanation for the illusion, is what I am saying. You can't say it's an illusion without proof.

That would be genetic engineering, which oddly enough, is a developing field. Could cure inceldom.
Genetically engineered retroviruses are already here. You'd be able to modify your whole genome in the next 10 to 20 years.

Saying free will doesnt exist is cope, takes away responsibility. I admit it feels good to think it, but its wrong for sure

I'm posting here by my own free will, could stop at any time.

Then there should be an explanation for the illusion, is what I am saying. You can't say it's an illusion without proof.

Alright, i shall try to explain the determinism position.

P1: Life/individual start with parturition, your genes and the things that makes you **you** is determined here.
P2: Epigenetic changes, the memes that you will acquire depends on your enviroment.
P3: All of these are predetermined.
C: You have no free will.

Now, i apologise if i messed the premise structure because of my sleep deprivation. Given that i explained my first position i will try to give you some reasons that you "feel like" you are in control , thus an illusion.

Humans are not rational creatures; whole error management theory, bandwagon effect and myriad of cognitive biases that effect our cognition shapes our present.

Basically the reason that you are feeling like you have free will in the present is because of the combination of the P1 and P2, the present consist of these two and every action your currently take is determined by them.

I'm posting here by my own free will, could stop at any time.

The very reason that you exist here, browsing and writing in this forum is progressively increasing past experiences that was predetermined by your enviroment and genetics in the first place.

It's not possible to exist due to the necessary cause-and-effect of physical systems.
Where do you get the "freedom" from?
Are you retarded?

You think we are just input output machines? Some things we cant change but habits and stuff are in our own hands. Buddhism for example says a lot is locked in but we have Cetanā , the ability to do small choices every now and then that add up and change a lot long term. Im bringing up buddhism because they spend 10000s of hours working with the brain, they should know
science is shit with the brain, this is one study and in statistics you need at least 10+ to debunk something, especially something as big as this

You think we are just input output machines? Some things we cant change but habits and stuff are in our own hands. Buddhism for example says a lot is locked in but we have Cetanā , the ability to do small choices every now and then that add up and change a lot long term. Im bringing up buddhism because they spend 10000s of hours working with the brain, they should know
This is some legit double-digit IQ right here. You didn't address the simple objective fact that the brain is a physical system and cannot be "free" due to the nature of physics. Neurons fire up and "make you think" due to past physical interactions (creating action potential/stimulating/etc)- meaning all your actions are deterministically chained back to the beginning of the universe.

science is shit with the brain, this is one study and in statistics you need at least 10+ to debunk something, especially something as big as this
Well than what is the third factor? Your soul? And your "small choices every now and then that add up and change a lot long term." quote doesn't change the meaning of what I said. That is your genes effecting the way you act, and those actions effect the environment you were in and caused epigenetic changes, which in turn made you turned out how you are today.

science is shit with the brain

This is some legit double-digit IQ right here. You didn't address the simple objective fact that the brain is a physical system and cannot be "free" due to the nature of physics. Neurons fire up and "make you think" due to past physical interactions (creating action potential/stimulating/etc)- meaning all your actions are deterministically chained back to the beginning of the universe.
Youre describing " dependent arising", which is also a buddhist concept and yet they still say cetana exists. If cetana isnt there, its nihilism.

Well than what is the third factor? Your soul? And your "small choices every now and then that add up and change a lot long term." quote doesn't change the meaning of what I said. That is your genes effecting the way you act, and those actions effect the environment you were in and caused epigenetic changes, which in turn made you turned out how you are today.
Well the brain is complex but theres a willpower tank that can get used up. And yes youre right a lot is predetermined, just not everything. You might be interested in the book the selfish gene where the author talks about how genese influence our thought process

Youre describing " dependent arising", which is also a buddhist concept and yet they still say cetana exists. If cetana isnt there, its nihilism.
Buddhism is fucking bullshit, wtf's wrong with you, brah?
Can you understand... cause and effect...

Last edited:
I don't see how free will could exist, at least not in the observable world. Everything is always in symphony with the environment surrounding it, it's genetic makeup, and in our case memories as well. To be able to make choices which are separate from any of this means you would be the highest form of existence. Do you believe yourself to be God?

Input/output machines? Yes, in the sense that we are as bound by causality as anything else. Those "small choices" would be predicable with enough information and processing power.