Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you sometimes get a vague feeling that there's a sort of "veil" over reality and this world isn't authentic?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I'm a skeptical man, so even writing these words makes me cringe.

And yet, sometimes I just can't help but feel like this reality that we live in is not what it seems. I guess this is just the utter boredom and soul-aching despair I feel from my existence, a deep desire for things to be different, which doesn't necessarily make it different.

I don't believe in any religions, and most things that are told to me or that I read I take as attempts at manipulation since I'm a very skeptical, cynical and paranoid man. So I don't know what exactly could be this hidden reality behind the veil. I only have a vague feeling, a sort of longing for a more peaceful and happier place, for a world different than our own.

This reality sucks, that thing is clear

I think there is some sort of objective reality out there, but I don't think it is anything like what we experience through our conscious.
Our brains are fine tuned by evolution to present us a story that is geared towards survival, not the truth.

A cognitive scientist named Donald Hofmann ran simulations of organisms, and the ones that survived best ignored objective reality in favor of perceptual bias that altered reality. In simple terms, the organisms that survived best did so by tuning their perceptions in a way that ignored the truth of the environment. I'm convinced we work in the same way.

You can read more about this here : https://www.quantamagazine.org/the-evolutionary-argument-against-reality-20160421/

Reality is freaky in all honesty. We can't even answer basic questions like "what caused the universe to exist?". I wonder if our brains are even capable comprehending our origins due to the things I mentioned above. Is causality just a story our brains tell us just so we can survive, or does it actually exist? What other stories are we hopelessly listening to because of our evolution, and can we even attempt to understand our beginnings because of them?

When you hit the salvia pipe too hard

I believe there's definitely question to it all.

wouldn't be surprised if it was just some scripted simulation, this life is such a joke it is hard for me to actually believe that it is all real/authentic

that stuff sounds interesting
sounds fucking horrible but too intriguing not to try. But then again I am already living in hell why would I want to experience an even deeper one? But maybe I'd actually like it..

I'm a skeptical man, so even writing these words makes me cringe.

And yet, sometimes I just can't help but feel like this reality that we live in is not what it seems. I guess this is just the utter boredom and soul-aching despair I feel from my existence, a deep desire for things to be different, which doesn't necessarily make it different.

I don't believe in any religions, and most things that are told to me or that I read I take as attempts at manipulation since I'm a very skeptical, cynical and paranoid man. So I don't know what exactly could be this hidden reality behind the veil. I only have a vague feeling, a sort of longing for a more peaceful and happier place, for a world different than our own.
ClownWorld

Your collective unconscious remembers better times and does not recognise this reality. It is alien and a false way of living for the type of animal we are.