Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy Do you remember the "harlem shake" normie trend madness? God, that was awful.

Lookslikeit

Lookslikeit

Veteran
I was even obliged to participate in one at my school. God.

I still hated all things normie adjacent but couldnt put out into words why i hated it. This was culture slop regurgitated all over the globe and, for some reason, anyone that was someone was doing that shit.

If you dont know what it is, it starts out with some faggot dancing randomly (in front of the camera obviously) while other fags pretend normality. Then the song thats been playing the whole time says "DO THE HARLEM SHAKE" and it cuts out to everyone having a wild party

Yep. Its that retarded.

Thats why i count 2012/2013 as the years when things reeaaaaally got shitty, not just in my personal life as in the global culture as well.

i do the harlem shake when i see bright colors flashing too quickly

Not a fan of the harlem shale but Papa Franku was still based

Not a fan of the harlem shale but Papa Franku was still based
Tbh it was wild how Joji was able to shape the internet multiple times over.
In an interview he told that the TV boomers were in awe of him.

Oh, yeah. I hated that trend. Awkward normie cringeshit it was.

Im glad I didnt know what that was until now

We live in such a dystopian world where not being constantly happy is the ultimate crime. If you're depressed instead of fixing problems that make you depressed society shoves pills down your throat that alter your brain so you can't feel anything. All those dances and trends are a perfect example of this forced happiness. I hate it so much.

That was pretty bad but I think planking was worse.

I still hated all things normie adjacent but couldnt put out into words why i hated it. This was culture slop regurgitated all over the globe and, for some reason, anyone that was someone was doing that shit.

If you dont know what it is, it starts out with some faggot dancing randomly (in front of the camera obviously) while other fags pretend normality. Then the song thats been playing the whole time says "DO THE HARLEM SHAKE" and it cuts out to everyone having a wild party

Yep. Its that retarded.

Thats why i count 2012/2013 as the years when things reeaaaaally got shitty, not just in my personal life as in the global culture as well.
I'm black but I've never heard of the Harlem shake

I fucking hated that song and all the weird costumes, positions and dances people did. It was the peak of millenial cringe, at least the ice bucket challenge helped raise money for Hawkingcels

The Harlem Shake was worse than any other cringe TikTok trend other than Hawk Tuah girl

We live in such a dystopian world where not being constantly happy is the ultimate crime. If you're depressed instead of fixing problems that make you depressed society shoves pills down your throat that alter your brain so you can't feel anything. All those dances and trends are a perfect example of this forced happiness. I hate it so much.
Finally, an intelligent reply. Thanks brocel. Can always count on you for high IQ takes. This fake happiness is truly sickening.

Once you know what truly lurks behind the average individual (AKA normie, but especially foids, who are on a dif lvl on this) heart and mind, its hard to put on a genuine smile.

People are cold, mean and distant but pretend to be the opposite with a sociopathic ease. That is not even just horrible, but worrisome and scary if you think about it.

I would also argue that this facade is what makes the normies so vicious, cold blooded silent killers. For any normal individual, that fakeness probably gets tiresome and maddening in the long run.

Yep. Its that retarded.

I remember in the song they say the Spanish words "Con los terroristas", which, translated into English says "With the terrorists". I would tell this to people who did the dance or liked the song and that would shut them up kek.