Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you lose yourself in your actitives or are you always aware of your physical body and the slow passing of time?

YewTree

YewTree

Recruit
★★
When I'm at ease and using a computer or a smartphone, I feel as if I am absorbed by the device, and for brief or long periods I lose the feeling that I have a physical body. Also, I percieve time differently when I'm in this state. I think I barely consciously percieve time at all in this state, which is why hours can go by in what feels like almost no time at all. The best way I can describe it is that it feels as if my consciousness has migrated out of my body and into the device; I'm totally captivated by whatever it is I'm doing- whether it be browsing .co, playing a video game, or watching anime. I also think that's why those activities are such good copes, because you are no longer thinking about yourself as yourself; rather, your thoughts lie in some external thing.

Anyway, I think this kind of experience must be pretty common, because I've heard people online say that they've once played a video game for 16 hours straight, or that they've forgotten to eat and drink while devoting themselves to some task. That sounds similar to what I experience. Though, I can see this being something only a subset of the population experiences. Some people might never "lose themselves" in the way I tried to describe.

no not rly, i just wanna ldar in vr tbh

Not to go full Juden Peterson, but try finding other things than vidya, there might be something more rewarding and productive that you could get that same level of flow from.

This only happens to me in minecraft.

Yes that's exactly what happens, and I hate when I forced to be fully aware.

depends. if it's an anime or game that i actually really like, i can lose track. lately there have been less and less of those types of games though.

Yesterday I was 15 now I am over 20. Time goes faster the older you are. Makes me wonder what it would be like to be immortal.