Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you like "found footage" type of movies?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
You know movies that are like fake documentaries, news reports or videos recorded by some amateur with phone/digital camera. Most of this movies are of the horror genre, the only one I remember that isn't horror is Project X. Tbh in general I don't like horror movies because they're too generic, specially the modern ones, but in the found footage subgenre sometimes you can find some hidden good/decent movies. Two days ago I watched "The bay" a horror movie about some weird parasites in the water supply of a small town and while it wasn't perfect I liked it, very entertaining and original. Or "REC" which I think it's a really good zombie film, one of the few good Spanish films kek, too bad the sequel was so bad. Ironically I've never watched "Blair Witch Project" which is the one that started the trend, it wasn't the first but it made the subgenre really popular.

some of them
But they completely killed the genre
by making too many of them after paranormal activity

If you like those things check out JeruZalem on netflix. It's about the lowest grade movie possible but also pretty funny

I think some of them are good it's just so oversaturated

some of them
But they completely killed the genre
by making too many of them after paranormal activity
I think the worst horror movie subgenre is either haunted houses or movies about some old legend/curse. There's too many of those and all look the same. Ouija movies are pretty generic too.

I think the worst horror movie subgenre is either haunted houses or movies about some old legend/curse. There's too many of those and all look the same. Ouija movies are pretty generic too.
:feelshmm:

Yes I do. My fav is The Tunnel. I still to this day think its real. and the crew died. The tunnels and sewers do have creatures which are unknown or unidentified. Gives me chills.

Yeah I like them a lot.
I've watched REC 1-4
Trollhunter
Bigfoot

Can't recall anything else.
There's something to this genre, even if it's shitty I still enjoy watching it.

I do tend to like them, as well as mockumentary's.

They can work really well, especially if you leave a lot to the imagination.

I do tend to like them, as well as mockumentary's.

They can work really well, especially if you leave a lot to the imagination.
They aren't convincing an immersive when all the video/audio is crystal clear, it should be kinda grainy.

Chronicle was pretty good

I like documentaries like this, where there are no narrators or dialogue besides real people in real time saying things they feel/think or need to communicate.
Found footage movies just can't compare to raw footage like this. There's a few others like this that I've seen but I can't recall them right now.