Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Do you larp or are you authentic IRL?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1042
  • Start date
Deleted member 1042

Deleted member 1042

-
Do you craft a palatable / interesting persona? Or do you remain authentic (whatever that means)?

Personally, I find I struggle a lot with identity and presentation. The first issue is that identity is fleeting. Sometimes I'll act in the moment, but later think about how I've behaved, how that's not me, and feel dissatisfied, ashamed. Other times, I am satisfied with my persona as it reflects who I feel I am, but then I realize people don't like it, are repulsed. It's like who I am at my core is unlovable / not valued. I feel like a chronic foreigner, like I'll never relate to the natives and be welcomed w/ open arms. Being and becoming is constant struggle in my life. Privacy, time and energy is another one, but I'll save that topic for another day.

2019-512.png

I am whoever the other person is. This does not work out well in group-settings to say the least so I avoid those.

Only been my real self to my Psychologist which is a surreal experience to be honest, feels really weird for someone to be communicating to me face to face with my actual self. Normies can't handle the real me, so I just mirror them to keep the peace.

I just LARP as a normie

but usually just keep to myself

this account is a LARP because I don't physically exist

I am authentic tbh. Do not give a fuck.

There is a lot of talk about larpers on this site, but I suspect it's more prevalent IRL. To quote Oscar Wilde:
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Everything I say here is satire and does not reflect my true personality or beliefs.

Checkmate glowniggers :feelsthink:

My authentic self is interesting.

i find it hard to lie and it’s pretty hard to not be awkward when you are so i’m pretty true to myself. of course everyone changes a little in different situations but i’m awkward throughout

I try to act normie but im not good at it so a lot of times I dont bother hiding my self.

I'm only able to be my true self when i'm on drugs tbh.

Im myself tho i dont go out spreading the blackpill because friends will label me as a depressing fuck or start with their bluepill advice so .... but yeah im also somewhat of a chameleon i can act normie if i need to but i dont enjoy it

IT says we are socially unaware and act like complete spergs IRL. Just lol at those buffoons.

I am whoever the other person is. This does not work out well in group-settings to say the least so I avoid those.

Only been my real self to my Psychologist which is a surreal experience to be honest, feels really weird for someone to be communicating to me face to face with my actual self. Normies can't handle the real me, so I just mirror them to keep the peace.
I do that too. Groups mess up my mirror game.
I just LARP as a normie

but usually just keep to myself
Gonna start doing that! Happy face for me! Mr. Smiling POSTIVE bluepill moron's my name! Everything is great!
There is a lot of talk about larpers on this site, but I suspect it's more prevalent IRL. To quote Oscar Wilde:
Exactly.

I failed irl to be authentic. (Rejected) So time for a new tactic. Hard to hate Mr. Happy Fullofshit!

Just be yourself br0

I really am "myself" pretty much 100% of the time

I might as well have selective mutism. Only speak when spoken to. I attempt to be genuine with folks if they ask for my opinion in a non-confrontational, polite way. If most people knew what was going on in my head with no filter I'd probably be in jail.

The most I can do is LARP as a normie sperg. I cant even be myself with my parents. I always have to hide my true behavior, except here. While communicating with strangers or colleagues I have to focus 100% to not act autisticly, but with relatives I can relax and be myself... in my own thoughts. Like if a foid talks about feminism I cant make snide comments about how feministic she is while choking on Chad's cock, so I just think it. It's truly a boring life

im just me, LARPing is too much effort tbh.

i dont care for fake personas

irl everyone larps to some degree. its impossible to remain authentic when there are people judging you constantly

Do you craft a palatable / interesting persona? Or do you remain authentic (whatever that means)?

Personally, I find I struggle a lot with identity and presentation. The first issue is that identity is fleeting. Sometimes I'll act in the moment, but later think about how I've behaved, how that's not me, and feel dissatisfied, ashamed. Other times, I am satisfied with my persona as it reflects who I feel I am, but then I realize people don't like it, are repulsed. It's like who I am at my core is unlovable / not valued. I feel like a chronic foreigner, like I'll never relate to the natives and be welcomed w/ open arms. Being and becoming is constant struggle in my life. Privacy, time and energy is another one, but I'll save that topic for another day.

2019-512.png
Ghosting is my practice, when the first feet gets out of the door.
Home is my sanctuary.
Must stay hidden, protect at all costs.

Same, I'd say the personality I portray to normies is "agreeable"; I'm mostly calm, I'm a listener and like you said, I just mirror what the normie is saying to me.

I'm very quiet irl and only speak when I need something or someone asks me something.

Autistmaxxed

I act differently every time.

Expressing the extent of my hatred would be unwise

LARP like there is no tomorrow :feelzez:

I wish I didn't have to LARP IRL, but I absolutely have.