Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Do you know some good horror movies?

DestroyedLife

DestroyedLife

Officer
★★★★
Pls post them ITT. More heavy for the psych, not  so much splatter if possible.

Get Out. It Follows. Last Cabin in the Woods is good if you like horror comedies.

"Jesus Camp" is rather terrifying imo .

ASS_F said:
Get Out. It Follows. Last Cabin in the Woods is good if you like horror comedies.

Thx, boyo. Exactly the type of films i like. tbh

Broken Man said:

I will start with this i guess, nice description. Thx

Broken Man said:

That film is more ragefuel than horror.

I was going to recommend Lesson of the Evil which I've seen recently until you said no splatter, I still found it pretty interesting though.

Takashi Miike has alot of good "horror" movies actually, like Ichi the Killer. I'm currently binging on his stuff.

Can't go wrong with the classics like the Evil Dead's (which Last Cabin in the Woods is mostly based on).

the babbokook, the shining, and oculus are some I would recommend if you like psych more than gore

I hate horror movies, they are mostly all shit. Maybe if they didn't use unoriginal jump scares they would be good.

literally zero good horror recommendations in this thread

OP, watch this, it's very fucking creepy:

v1.bTsxMTIzNzk2NTtqOzE3NjgwOzEyMDA7MTI3NTsxNzAw

E N U C A L said:
literally zero good horror recommendations in this thread

OP, watch this, it's very fucking creepy:

v1.bTsxMTIzNzk2NTtqOzE3NjgwOzEyMDA7MTI3NTsxNzAw

That's because 99% of them are shit if you've seen actual gore/torture/etc. They  can be entertaining though.
That mexican cartel beheading video with the dad & kid getting flayed alive and heart ripped out is worse than any "horror" movie.

Thanks for the recommendation though, looks interesting.

Schizoidcel said:
That's because 99% of them are shit if you've seen actual gore/torture/etc. They  can be entertaining though.
That mexican cartel beheading video with the dad & kid getting flayed alive and heart ripped out is worse than any "horror" movie.

why are you equating horror with gore/torture? the best horror films have hardly any violence whatsoever 

cartel videos are just gross and morally repulsive.... a solid horror film should make you feel some kind of existential dread that goes beyond shit like "muh torture"

E N U C A L said:
why are you equating horror with gore/torture? the best horror films have hardly any violence whatsoever 

cartel videos are just gross and morally repulsive.... a solid horror film should make you feel some kind of existential dread that goes beyond shit like "muh torture"

That one video I mentioned was far more disturbing than anything I've seen including funkytown and I couldn't stop thinking about it for a few days afterwards. I imagine the Toolbox killers tape, from looking at the transcripts, would be equally as disturbing.

The movies I saw were just... movies and didn't leave much of a mark. But it could just be me. That said I haven't seen much of this psychological horror thing, I'll look into it.

I consider myself to be a horror veteran, I have 400 titles under my belt. If you want good horror movies; as in "creepy ones that will stay with you for a while, even after the credits have rolled by," I'd say Japanese horror movies, or Asian horror movies in general, such as Ju-on: the Grudge, Shutter, Kairo, A Tale of Two Sisters, Alone, etc. For western horror movies, well, none of them tend to stay with me, but the last one that did was Last Shift. You should definitely give that a watch, it actually reminded me a little bit of Asian horror movies because it mostly relied on atmosphere. Another recent good western horror movie is The Autopsy of Jane Doe, or rather, the first two-thirds of it is. I could talk about horror movies all day long, they truly are a passion of mine. I used to into slashers the most, but that's faded. I don't like all the gratitious nudity. If you want to see horror movies done right, just watch Asian horror movies. Although they have their fair share of sick movies, such as Flower of the Flesh, or something like that. And, oh yeah, Grotesque. Don't watch these kind of movies, though, as there is really no point in watching it; there's no plot, there's no character development, there's only gore.

Schizoidcel said:

>gore movies
>horrors

horrors without violence are the best horrors

I'm not a veteran whatsoever but I recommend 1st Conjuring (2nd was utter shit), original thai version of Shutter and Silent Hill for climate (but only if you played the 1st game before)

RREEEEEEEEE said:
Although they have their fair share of sick movies, such as Flower of the Flesh, or something like that.

Are you talking about Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood? Yeah, it's really well made for 1985 (Charlie Sheen even called the FBI thinking it was actually real) but when you know about anatomy it still is obviously fake. Still a good watch tho.

jacob's ladder, i rarely watch movies.

Schizoidcel said:
Are you talking about Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood? Yeah, it's really well made for 1985 (Charlie Sheen even called the FBI thinking it was actually real) but when you know about anatomy it still is obviously fake. Still a good watch tho.

Yeah that's the one. I would rather not waste my time on a torture flick, although I have seen my fair share of disturbing movies. A Serbian Film, I Spit on Your Grave franchise, Irreversible, Martyrs, Hostel trilogy, Wrong Turn franchise, and a few others I think.

Just got done watching Visitor Q, I would recommend. Definitely something most people would consider disturbing, funny too.
Gotta love the japanese.

Juxtaposition6 said:
jacob's ladder, i rarely watch movies.

there was absolutely nothing scary in jacob's ladder

grudge is a classic

Akarin said:
there was absolutely nothing scary in jacob's ladder
It's still considered a "horror film".

The Witch. It was a good suspense filled movie, I would say one of he best horror movies that has come out during this decade. Many people gave bad reviews saying it was boring but they are just fucking retarded with shit attention span that can't grasp the concept of atmosphere.