Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do you keep a diary/ journal?

• Thread starter Deleted member 11159
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11159

Self-banned
-
I started one 2 months ago.
As an incel, most days are very similar so they tend to blend in together. I feel like keeping a diary sort of helps to differentiate between different days and make it feel like there's more happening in your life than there actually is.
Writing my thoughts down also helps me declutter my own head and stops me from overthinking things during the day.

I don't do it everyday. In fact it's quite boring and usually seems pointless writing things down that no one will ever read, but I know that future me will thank me for doing it and it will be nice to look back at my previous thoughts and worries. Maybe if/ when I ascend i'll look back at my incel days and think that it wasn't so bad after all.

I will if and when my life becomes more interesting than it is currently.

This forum is the closest thing for me. Kinda why I come here, to pollute the forum with my random thoughts and bitching. I guess it's slightly cathartic, it does help to defuse and vent. Sharing is kinda nice I guess, since I literally don't share with anybody irl, I'm a very avoidant and private person. Even my parents don't really know me and I hide my true self from them, despite them being the only 2 people that I have had conversations with in this life outside of school/uni.

Last edited:
This forum is the closest thing for me. Kinda why I come here, to pollute the forum with my random thoughts and bitching.

I do that too but I prefer writing my very personal thoughts down privately.

I wanted to before. I was interested in it due to Ghost Writer the tv show and Doug's journal from the show... Doug.
Nothing really happened in my life and writing about nothing is nothing to write about.

No, there wouldn't really be a point in me keeping a diary, since everyday is basically the same.

I wanted to before. I was interested in it due to Ghost Writer the tv show and Doug's journal from the show... Doug.
Nothing really happened in my life and writing about nothing is nothing to write about.
No, there wouldn't really be a point in me keeping a diary, since everyday is basically the same.

I'm sure you still think about many things during the day. Like all the injustices you faced in your life, how you could've done things differently etc
When I started writing stuff down I realized that I actually think about so much every day.

I use to but I would be extremely paranoid that someone would read it. I would eat the pages right after to make sure what I write is never seen

Not much to put into that journal, other than eat, sleep, wageslave, LDAR, piss and shit, clean up, and cope.

I do that too but I prefer writing my very personal thoughts down privately.
I guess I'm just combining it with the need for socialization. I haven't had a conversation with people in years (outside of routine uni schoolwork shit). I guess this sort of fills that need.

I'm sure you still think about many things during the day. Like all the injustices you faced in your life, how you could've done things differently etc
When I started writing stuff down I realized that I actually think about so much every day.
Well true, although i'd say that there isn't much vatriety in the things i think about during the day either.

I think about a lot every day. A lot. Mostly about past situations. The problem is I hate remembering the past. It's things I want to forget and wish I can forget, but my mind won't let me forget.
The last thing I need is to write down the things I wish to forget.

I use to but I would be extremely paranoid that someone would read it. I would eat the pages right after to make sure what I write is never seen
Have you tried writing it down on your computer?
I keep mine on a flashdrive.

I did. I have (had) two, one that's cringy and one that's wholesome and describes my experiences with my friends well over a decade ago. The wholesome one is stored somewhere in one of my boxes (would probably genuinely cry if I looked back on it tbh because life was so much better then), the cringy one I ripped out all the pages and flushed them down the toilet back in 2014.

I did. I have (had) two, one that's cringy and one that's wholesome and describes my experiences with my friends well over a decade ago. The wholesome one is stored somewhere in one of my boxes (would probably genuinely cry if I looked back on it tbh because life was so much better then), the cringy one I ripped out all the pages and flushed them down the toilet back in 2014.
I have a cringy one back from when I was 11. Haven't looked in it in years and I was about to rip it up so many times. I'm glad I didn't do that in the end. Like you said, i'll probably cry when I look at it eventually. Life was so good back then.

What cringy stuff did you write about? What age were you?

yeah i write and make shitty collages

I used to when I was younger, not anymore though. Tbh I might just burn it.

Often I will type out a lot of my thoughts, but honestly it's mostly just me obsessing over the same stuff, and typing out rant after rant of nonsense.

I have a cringy one back from when I was 11. Haven't looked in it in years and I was about to rip it up so many times. I'm glad I didn't do that in the end. Like you said, i'll probably cry when I look at it eventually. Life was so good back then.

What cringy stuff did you write about? What age were you?
I was like 11-12 when I wrote the cringy one. Was some stupid shit about girls I liked and anime garbage along with how much I hated the new school I went to because I was ostracized.

I thought of this forum becoming something akin to a personal diary but i''m not too sure about it now.

Even my parents don't really know me and I hide my true self from them, despite them being the only 2 people that I have had conversations with in this life
:feelsbadman:
Personally I tried getting to know my parents, and become sort of friends, yet with everything I tried, they were resistant. What could I do? Chain them to a chair and force them? So I gave up. We are strangers living in the same house.

Now I remember, I kept a monthly diary on deviantart for a while, its still there. I dont write anymore though. What would be the point?

Last edited:

There's no point in creating a diary even if everyday was different, its just something self obsessed neurotics who want to feel special do, having a diary gives you the illusion of "life happening" even when nothing is

If anything a diary is a litmus test for you having no life

1. Any "experience" worth remembering you would remember it

2. If you were living an enjoyable life you wouldn't waste time writing about it, you'd go do something else you enjoy doing

You have to really be bored to just start writing a diary as if it means something

Last edited:
What? No, I'm not gay.

Tbh I did write some memories I had of my ex-oneitis but I lost the file since I never uploaded it anywhere and I wiped my hard drive.

There's no point in creating a diary even if everyday was different, its just something self obsessed neurotics who want to feel special, having a diary gives you the illusion of "life happening" even when nothing is

1. Anything "experience" worth remembering you would remember it

2. If you were living an enjoyable life you wouldn't waste time writing about it, you'd go do something else you enjoy doing

You have to really be bored to just start writing a diary as if it means something

No shit an incel's life is boring. Obviously Chad won't be writing about the different foids he's slayed in a diary. That's not the point lmao.

do I look like a faggot to you?

No shit an incel's life is boring. Obviously Chad won't be writing about the different foids he's slayed in a diary. That's not the point lmao.

There is no point, its a waste of time lol, your life is already shit, writing about how shit it is, is the greatest waste of time ever, just watch a movie or something lol

Journaling is self thearapy.

do I look like a faggot to you?

hmmmm

There is no point, its a waste of time lol, your life is already shit, writing about how shit it is, is the greatest waste of time ever, just watch a movie or something lol
Watching movies is just as much of a waste of time. Most things I do during the day will be a waste of time. Writing my thoughts down at least gives me the illusion of doing something, like you said (not sure how that's a bad thing) and I noticed it stops me from overthinking during the day since I already wrote all my worries down.
It's helpful imo.
Journaling is self thearapy.

Writing my thoughts down at least gives me the illusion of doing something

JFL, why not actually do something?, which is my point

Watching a movie can be an "entertainment break", writing down everything that is randomly happening in your life is not even entertainment

Instead of an illusion, why not find something to actually do?

I have some journal entries from my childhood around 1999-2000 but that was because we had to write about our weekends at school, they are painful to read, how beautiful childhood was.

I would like to write my life story, just so that future relatives of mine can read about events in the family history, etc. It would be very useful, I wish one of my great great uncles did that

View attachment 290164
hmmmm

Watching movies is just as much of a waste of time. Most things I do during the day will be a waste of time. Writing my thoughts down at least gives me the illusion of doing something, like you said (not sure how that's a bad thing) and I noticed it stops me from overthinking during the day since I already wrote all my worries down.
It's helpful imo.
Anime Halo AVI, I don't even watch anime

JFL, why not actually do something?, which is my point

Watching a movie can be an "entertainment break", writing down everything that is randomly happening in your life is not even entertainment

Instead of an illusion, why not find something to actually do?

I don't think many people's days are filled entirely with productive activities. I gymcell, I read, I work part-time. It's summer so I still have plenty of free time. Writing down my thoughts every couple of days, sometimes once or twice a month, isn't a huge time-waster. And it's something I know i'll happily look back at a few years from now.
It helps me to clear my head so I can't see how it's something negative. At worst it's a waste of a few minutes every couple of days.
Also, I never said I write everything down. I don't write about what I ate that day. It's mostly just my thoughts that haunt me everyday or if something genuinely out of the ordinary for me happened that day.

I have some journal entries from my childhood around 1999-2000 but that was because we had to write about our weekends at school, they are painful to read, how beautiful childhood was.

I would like to write my life story, just so that future relatives of mine can read about events in the family history, etc. It would be very useful, I wish one of my great great uncles did that
Lucky. It will be surreal looking at things I wrote 20 years from now, if i'm still alive.

I should honestly start one
I have a lot of random thoughts throughout the day and some of them are worth revisiting
I've had a few attempts at keeping a diary in a past, but I always fail after a week, because for some reason I always do a traditional paper diary, because I like the aesthetic a lot, but it's terribly inefficient (I've been typing everything for years now), feels like larping and activates the perfectionist in me, since editing the text is almost impossible -- I should stop being a faggot and just start a digital diary (probably in Markdown or something similar in case I ever wanted to convert it or tweak the formatting without getting too autistic with LaTeX)
it wouldn't be too interesting, obviously, it would probably mostly be random quotes and thoughts about stuff I read -- in fact I've been posting quotes which I've found interesting on my Facebook (I need an account for uni stuff) for quite some time: no one reacts to it and I only really post it for archiving purposes (I post a quote I've found interesting with a sentence or two of commentary)
it would also serve a purpose of getting me into the habit of writing: I really want to get into writing (I'm schizoid and I think I could easily profit off that or at least maybe entertain a few people), but I get too perfectionist and end up writing nothing -- allegedly I'm pretty good at writing (in my native language, obviously), I've been praised for it all throughout my education, but I still cringe at my writing and I could use some practice

This forum is the closest thing for me. Kinda why I come here, to pollute the forum with my random thoughts and bitching. I guess it's slightly cathartic, it does help to defuse and vent. Sharing is kinda nice I guess, since I literally don't share with anybody irl, I'm a very avoidant and private person. Even my parents don't really know me and I hide my true self from them, despite them being the only 2 people that I have had conversations with in this life outside of school/uni.

no, i don't write my thoughts down, i just think them

tbh

I make video diaries. Sometimes every day, sometimes twice weekly. I've got some sandisk SDHC video cards I use with my camcorder and some videos were so based I've kept them for over a year. Some are from 5 years ago.

I started doing tourist photography video, travelogues but now I use them for personal thoughts. It helps declutter your brain, helps you decompartmentalize your thoughts and reform ideas- dealing with creative blocks. Also as said as it is, a problem shared is a problem halved- especially if friends, co-workers, "family" or suicide hotlines talk to you like you are lower class, thick or gullible.

It weird as people criticized Eliott Rodger and other incels talking to themselves in their cars as sad, pathetic and creepy.
But now its actually a trending normie thing on social media where people started to do the very same emotional outpouring on Facebook.They were told "well done get it all out. Very brave of you to share your personal issues".

I also use videos for setting daily tasks. As well as writing tasks down.

Last edited:
Same tbh. People here understand my thoughts typically.

does this count, from like a couple years ago now

I don't have a diary but I do have a notebook where I vent and write my views about the world, people, the blackpill and make weird small sketches

No, I generally do the same things everyday.

There's no point in creating a diary even if everyday was different, its just something self obsessed neurotics who want to feel special do, having a diary gives you the illusion of "life happening" even when nothing is

1. Any "experience" worth remembering you would remember it

Diary is useful for self improvement cels, I keep more of supplements/drugs effects on me, logs on meditation progress, upcoming chores to tackle etc.

Also at times, it can be used for venting frustrations when no other way available.
I have been logging in a journal for two years plus now. has been immensely useful.

I keep more of supplements/drugs effects on me, logs on meditation progress, upcoming chores to tackle etc

That's not a diary though, that's a log book, it isn't tracking pointless insignificant shit like - "woke up depressed today, ate a taco for lunch...." :feelskek:

Also at times, it can be used for venting frustrations when no other way available

You can just say it to yourself in your mind, no writing required