Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Do you guys identify with Walter White in Breaking Bad?

Do you identify with Walt?

• Yes, and I think he's a great guy

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Yes, but he went too far at some point

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No, I don't identify with him at all

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
Obviously Walter is neither ugly nor incel, but he has something in common with the incel community: a "victim mentality". I am not using this term in the pejorative way it's usually used. I think it is unavoidable to feel like a victim when you actually are one: i.e. you had objective potential that was not realized due to obstacles you were not responsible for, obstacles you do not see in the life history of better men than you. It is debatable how much Walt is truly a victim of circumstance rather than his own poor choices in youth, but I feel like he is a pretty good example of how a "normal man" may fall into amorality/immorality as a result of grievances and frustration.

Understandably, normies disagree with the notion that being a victim entitles you to revenge. "We all have impulses towards violence, towards anger, towards pride, but Walt is one of those guys who stops fighting those impulses because he feels sorry for himself. In my opinion, the minute he gives into those impulses, he becomes a bad guy." (Excerpt from a discussion on Quora).

Have you developed antisocial or amoral thoughts as the result of frustration? What is your opinion on free will? Would you feel better or even grateful if society actually acknowledged the suffering of ugly people? Do you think being ugly can justify stealing, lying, raping or murdering? Would you become a drug kingpin if you could? Do you think morality is objective or are you a nihilist on this matter?

even though he was a betabuxx i still thought he was a great guy and sympathise/relate with him on multiple levels. most people started to see him as a villain but even in season 5 i sympathised with him.

PS: fuck skyler

I've never seen Breaking Bad.

I sympathize with him but he definitely went too far as the series progressed

I don't, agree with drugs

Fuckin' knockin' it out of the park today, @Fontaine.

Have you developed antisocial or amoral thoughts as the result of frustration?

After a quite a while of attempting to stifle their development, yes. Largely because of leftist (what I'll define as the, professed, belief in the inherent goodness and equality of human beings and abhorrence of hierarchies) ideology having an effective monopoly on public discourse, so insidious as to be able to convince of its rebelliousness even as it is widely accepted. I baited myself into not letting my hate run loose by listening to the siren song of feeble revolutionaries: it would have been too easy, too obvious simply to stare things in the face and condemn the world around me, something that didn't match with my unfortunate collegiate conflation of obscurantism and wisdom. I could discuss at greater length how I recovered my insight, but I'll just say that, while I have too great of an instinct toward self-preservation to plunder, I see no issue with gloating over the misfortune, pain, and sorrow of others.

What is your opinion on free will?

I am an unwavering determinist in relation to thought and action. Things are produced in individuals by birth or through experience. Why do some end up differently than others?

Would you feel better or even grateful if society actually acknowledged the suffering of ugly people?

Not really, and I think a lot of those belonging to 'protected categories' probably don't relish it. In most people, compassion is performative, and you just end up a talking point with which to broadcast some shitlib's ego. Besides, as a member of one of the last groups that could truly be called marginal, I can at least appreciate inceldom as a way to recapture the dubious glory of the outlaw, of living as a free and independent individual in a hostile world.

Do you think being ugly can justify stealing, lying, raping or murdering?

Again, while I wouldn't do it, I take no issue with it.

Would you become a drug kingpin if you could?

Ah, no. Requires too much interaction

Do you think morality is objective or are you a nihilist on this matter?

If morality is to be of any use, it needs to be objective within the bounds of a mutually obligated community. With the atomization attendant upon the Nu-Age, I can't convince myself that morality has any place in determining one's conduct. They've already made the decision to throw me under the bus.

Fuckin' knockin' it out of the park today, @Fontaine.
Thanks, I'm trying to do the best I can to encourage incels towards deeper discussions. I guess this makes me some kind of wannabe therapist for ugly men.

Ledgemund said:
After a quite a while of attempting to stifle their development, yes. (...) I see no issue with gloating over the misfortune, pain, and sorrow of others.

A part of me, a part whose existence is undeniably shameful, laughs when happy, successful people get brought down in some way... I often experience Schadenfreude, which I usually try to disguise as quickly as I can into a compassionate observation that anything can happen to anyone, but I barely even fool myself. The only exception is when I sense that these people, though better than me, are undeniably a net positive in the world; for instance, I would never rejoice over the death of a researcher/scientist, even if he beats me in every aspect of life.

Ledgemund said:
I am an unwavering determinist in relation to thought and action. Things are produced in individuals by birth or through experience. Why do some end up differently than others?

I used to be a strong determinist too as a teenager but ultimately veered towards a mild belief in free will. I do believe, at the least, that it's more psychologically advantageous to think that you have freedom of will. Determinism can encourage laziness.

Ledgemund said:
Not really, and I think a lot of those belonging to 'protected categories' probably don't relish it. In most people, compassion is performative, and you just end up a talking point with which to broadcast some shitlib's ego.

Belonging to a protected category can be a first step towards actual treatment of the problem. Affirmative action, State-financed plastic surgery, etc.

Ledgemund said:
Besides, as a member of one of the last groups that could truly be called marginal, I can at least appreciate inceldom as a way to recapture the dubious glory of the outlaw, of living as a free and independent individual in a hostile world.

Nicely put. Ever since childhood I always had a liking for the outlaw, the "bad guy" in the story. My genes probably already sensed at the time that I would never find complete acceptance and belonging among normies.

Ledgemund said:
If morality is to be of any use, it needs to be objective within the bounds of a mutually obligated community.

The genius of normie morality, in the form of Christianity, is to force you to submit to this morality even if you have nothing to gain from it, through the threat of eternal damnation.

To some extent. Walter White / Heisenberg is too extreme a case for me to be compared. I live a slight double life in the sense that I have to act in a certain way when i go out in public, as my mind and body try to feel the opposite. But on the outside I try to conform to the public. And when I get home I am being myself, without any fear or people watching me or hurting me

I always identify with well-written "villains." I liked WW, but he was kinda soft tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back