Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Do you get addicted to phrases or words?

Dionysus

Dionysus

Paragon
★★★★★
Sometimes I just like repeating words until it sounds weird. Sometimes I keep repeating phrases and I can't stop it's impossible. Lately I have been saying "Is that so?". I say this 2 hundred times per day. Do you do this and do you have any phrases?

I don't repeat it until it sounds weird or anything but I use "mogs me" in multiple situations throughout the day, so I'm addicted to that phrase

I wouldn't say I'm addicted but when I'm doing a task that doesn't require much thought or conscious effort, I'd repeat certain words or phrases in the same way someone would fidget with their pencil or tap their foot.

Take for example, when I was riding my bike earlier today, I found myself muttering "The sun is bright" over and over as I was speeding down the road. I didn't even realize I was consciously doing it until I stopped at the traffic light to press the button to change the light colour thing.

I noticed my father has the same habit so I likely picked it up from him.

I don't repeat it until it sounds weird or anything but I use "mogs me" in multiple situations throughout the day, so I'm addicted to that phrase
Yeah, I'm so used to using PSL/incel terms here that it takes some effort not to say them irl

There are a few words I repeat to myself because I like the sound of them, but it's not on a daily basis and it definitely doesn't go for over 200 repeats.

I like the phrase "to be honest" a lot, i wil also sometimes say the two words "incel trait" out loud for no particular reason.

idk man
I guess there are periods of time when I repeat certain phrases or words if I find them amusing

a lot when i was younger, not so much anymore

No, but i'm too autistic so if i found a phrase or sentence somebody said to be useful in the future i'll use it when the time is right

yeah, I have my catch phrases which I often use
I don't repeat them over and over like some autist tho

Yes, mainly to be honest tbh and not gonna lie ngl

I'm addicted to phrases I dislike, especially, YOU'RE NOT A REAL MAN.

Yeah, I say ikuzo to myself when ever iam about to do something/go somewhere. Thankfully i have been able to contain my autism in public.

I frequently find myself thinking of incel terminology in everyday situations. Recently I've found "tbh ngl" to be quite prominent.