Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Do you find small/day-to-day things interesting?

Do you find small/day-to-day things interesting?

• Total voters
Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I guess what I mean is... like wallets, watches, razors, pens, computers, clocks, etc.

I feel like this is something that contributes to depression in people where nothing interests or enthuses them. Some people will make out it's so silly to be interested in these things... but then they end up on antidepressants because they just have no spark anymore.

Even at times when my life was really good, I still didn't lose interest in many day-to-day things like this. Obviously not EVERYTHING but... lots of things.

I guess for me it mainly tends to be things with some creative aspect to them. Either for functional reasons or artistic.

Anywho I'll leave this here! I hope it made sense to someone!

No , if i did i would be a normie

This is why kids are always happy.
Everything just interests them.
And they don't give a fuck about a lot of things that bother us.

That's simply the secret to happiness.

No , if i did i would be a normie

Actually I'd say it's the other way around. In my experience normies see most of these items as purely functional.

Actually I'd say it's the other way around. In my experience normies see most of these items as purely functional.
tbh, i do I carefully look at most thing normies will not pay any arttention.

Watches are cool, always nice to have one. Good conversation starter.

tbh, i do I carefully look at most thing normies will not pay any arttention.

Yeah they don't seem to see much magic or depth to most things. They seem to have a fairly small group of things that they find casually interesting, and other than that they just live out their lives.

It takes the more abstract-minded, creative people to dive deeper into things enough to improve them, make changes, etc.

That's my understanding, anyway!

I have been growing a small watch and knife collection. I dont really need them but they are visually interesting and some of the watches can do cool things aside from tell time. Ive got one that has a stopwatch and if you click it to reset instead of just going back, it does a full lap around the watch. Pretty fun to play with.

I have been growing a small watch and knife collection. I dont really need them but they are visually interesting and some of the watches can do cool things aside from tell time. Ive got one that has a stopwatch and if you click it to reset instead of just going back, it does a full lap around the watch. Pretty fun to play with.

A lap?

And yeah erm, my watch is actually very retro, lol. It's a Swatch Blue Air watch from... somewhere around 2001. I really like it because it has Swatch "Beat time" built in ^^

I found a picture of another one online:

9e72d3cb b98e 4d66 a4d9 dec360906711

I'm not really into knives but I do like guns. I'd like to get some more airsoft guns sometime.

Happiness is just an illusion, everyone here in this world is bound to suffer

Happiness is just an illusion, everyone here in this world is bound to suffer

And also bound to feel good.

Happiness and sadness are both emotions so you can call them illusions if you want but the opposite of suffering is being in good health, right? And that's not an illusion...

Happiness and sadness
Different faces of the same coin. You will be physically or emotionally suffering.
Happiness is just small shots of dopamine trough things that normally wouldn't happen.
Because you would be normally suffering, and even in the case you feel "happy", it was just all a trick, and it was suffering, because everything begins and ends with it.

Different faces of the same coin. You will be physically or emotionally suffering.
Happiness is just small shots of dopamine trough things that normally wouldn't happen.
Because you would be normally suffering, and even in the case you feel "happy", it was just all a trick, and it was suffering, because everything begins and ends with it.

But this is like saying the yin/negative exists but the yang/positive does not. It makes no sense...

But this is like saying the yin/negative exists but the yang/positive does not. It makes no sense...
I am saying that this world is a piece of shit because I am nihilistic and I do not know any sense of "happiness", nor that I care.

A lap?

And yeah erm, my watch is actually very retro, lol. It's a Swatch Blue Air watch from... somewhere around 2001. I really like it because it has Swatch "Beat time" built in ^^

I found a picture of another one online:

View attachment 625366

I'm not really into knives but I do like guns. I'd like to get some more airsoft guns sometime.
Thats a pretty cool watch. The one that does a lap is analog. What I meant by that is the hand for the stopwatch does a full revolution to reset.

Thats a pretty cool watch. The one that does a lap is analog. What I meant by that is the hand for the stopwatch does a full revolution to reset.

Oh nice. What model is it? I'm curious to look it up ^^

Oh nice. What model is it? I'm curious to look it up ^^
Looks like they have a sale right now for father's day.

Looks like they have a sale right now for father's day.

Wow cool. Way more than mine cost me, haha. Mine was only about £30.

Do you feel it was worth the money?

Wow cool. Way more than mine cost me, haha. Mine was only about £30.

Do you feel it was worth the money?
Not really lol.

It is neat though.

Not really lol.

It is neat though.

Yeah I guess sometimes it's good to just treat yourself to things.

Also lots of things do hold value. Watches probably do to some degree.

Yeah I guess sometimes it's good to just treat yourself to things.

Also lots of things do hold value. Watches probably do to some degree.
Probably not this one. I bought it because I saw it recommended on a list of budget watches that contend with the big name watch brands and the pictures looked nice but when I got it in person I was a bit disappointed. Its cool and looks nice but not $140 nice (I got it on sale). The case size is a bit big for me because am wristlet. Ill probably look for 38mm for my next grab.

I'm very obsessive when something interests me. A lot of times the most random thing will catch my interest and I'll start to get obsessive over it.

Probably not this one. I bought it because I saw it recommended on a list of budget watches that contend with the big name watch brands and the pictures looked nice but when I got it in person I was a bit disappointed. Its cool and looks nice but not $140 nice (I got it on sale). The case size is a bit big for me because am wristlet. Ill probably look for 38mm for my next grab.

Ah I see. I thought it looked big even in the pictures but then again my watch is totally tiny, lol

I guess I tend to like brands too yeah. Usually just the more modest ones like Swatch and Seiko. Just enough that it's not made by a generic nameless factory somewhere!

The Blue Air one I have is just a rare type of watch because Swatch's internet time system never caught on unfortunately!

If I didn't have this one... hm. I tend to prefer digital watches and clocks as I don't like the tick tick tick, although I should try an analogue watch as maybe it's not as noticeable as with a clock.

I do remember having an analogue Swatch once though and I think that was loud.

I think G-Shocks and others like that are pretty cool as long as they're not too chunky.

Ah I see. I thought it looked big even in the pictures but then again my watch is totally tiny, lol

I guess I tend to like brands too yeah. Usually just the more modest ones like Swatch and Seiko. Just enough that it's not made by a generic nameless factory somewhere!

The Blue Air one I have is just a rare type of watch because Swatch's internet time system never caught on unfortunately!

If I didn't have this one... hm. I tend to prefer digital watches and clocks as I don't like the tick tick tick, although I should try an analogue watch as maybe it's not as noticeable as with a clock.

I do remember having an analogue Swatch once though and I think that was loud.

I think G-Shocks and others like that are pretty cool as long as they're not too chunky.
Yeah the analogues do have a ticking noise. Even the quiet ones. You can still hear the tiny clicks. Casio makes some good cheap watches too. They have some really interesting designs.

[UWSL][UWSL]I completely lost my pleasure in almost everything, I'm dead inside. [/UWSL][/UWSL]

Yeah the analogues do have a ticking noise. Even the quiet ones. You can still hear the tiny clicks. Casio makes some good cheap watches too. They have some really interesting designs.

I do remember it bothering me back in the day! I even bought on of those alarm clocks with a sweeping second hand but I could still hear it when it was silent at night! It's OK near my PC and stuff where there is much more noise anyway.

Do you have any digital watches?

I might buy another analogue one sometime just to see what I think of it! I'm curious now, lol

I do remember it bothering me back in the day! I even bought on of those alarm clocks with a sweeping second hand but I could still hear it when it was silent at night! It's OK near my PC and stuff where there is much more noise anyway.

Do you have any digital watches?

I might buy another analogue one sometime just to see what I think of it! I'm curious now, lol
I dont have any digital currently, but after browsing Casio I might get one. lll see what other cool brands are out there. I keep my watches in the boxes they come in and it blocks any noise.

I dont have any digital currently, but after browsing Casio I might get one. lll see what other cool brands are out there. I keep my watches in the boxes they come in and it blocks any noise.

I hope you find something good! Oh erm, I'll give you a follow as you seem cool ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back