Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do you experience any symptoms of PTSD?

Do you experience symptoms of PTSD?

• Total voters
shii410

shii410

I'm not black I'm O. J.
★★★★★
over the past few days I’ve been dealing with some pretty serious shit involving law enforcement, and suddenly I felt the smells, sensations and emotions from similar traumatic experiences involving the HS school administration all coming back to me at once.

it’s hard to describe. nothing physically changed, I was still just laying down on my bed. but all of a sudden I could smell the aroma of the principal’s office, physical and mental sensations that had faded from memory a long time ago resurged, for the first time in years I once again felt this unmistakably familiar sense of light headedness and dread. so many minor things that had dissipated over time suddenly came back at full force. it almost felt like I had actually been sent back to the past.

I was talking on a phone call with my dad talking about this and he said that what I described is literally textbook symptoms of PTSD. have you experienced anything that sounds like this or other significant PSTD synonyms? if yes, to what extent does it relate to your involuntary celibacy?

Yeah bullying in middle and high school permanently ruined me.
I can't trust anyone and I feel weird and like something bad is going to happen even if people act nice or polite.

Last edited:
No.

I could smell the aroma of the principal’s office, physical and mental sensations
:worryfeels:

some people are weaker than others, you should probably go to therapy (unironically).

yeah bro all the time

I can't trust anyone and I feel weird and like something bad is going to happen even if people act nice or polite.

same

I think early childhood bullying might have caused repressed trauma that now manifests in me being very introverted and non-NT.

Not in the same way most normies do. Usually ptsd is caused by a single event or multiple instances if the same event, for me it is not so clear cut. I do get flashbacks sometimes but its basically my whole childhood.

Sometimes people will say a particular word or phrase to me and its like I've regressed to when I was 6 years old.

Idk. I feel like I sometimes do feel PTSD for missing out on important milestones like having first kiss or getting laid. When I see someone mention they have sex I just feel sad or filled with rage.
Absolutely brutal. I am glad that people usually just left me alone

yes i used to right after i apparoached 60+ bitches years back.

I don't. There were times in the past where yea probably I experienced something similar. Not that I really believe in psychology but I think if I had anything it would probably be a personality disorder of some kind.

Idk. I feel like I sometimes do feel PTSD for missing out on important milestones like having first kiss or getting laid. When I see someone mention they have sex I just feel sad or filled with rage.
Same.

Absolutely brutal. I am glad that people usually just left me alone
You are indeed very lucky. If people mess with you in college it won't weigh you down as much or bring back bad memories because of your lack of cumulative experiences of having to go through that kind of thing.

You are indeed very lucky. If people mess with you in college it won't weigh you down as much or bring back bad memories because of your lack of cumulative experiences of having to go through that kind of thing.
True. At this point I am smart enough to actually stand up for myself. Kids usually never stand up for themselves because they are scared of getting in trouble or the bully is bigger than them.

True. At this point I am smart enough to actually stand up for myself. Kids usually never stand up for themselves because they are scared of getting in trouble or the bully is bigger than them.
Standing up for yourself doesn't always work tbh that's a fantasy in movies.
If someone is determined to bully you they aren't going to stop easily unless you physically hurt them bad and aren't afriad to go for areas like their eyes when you attack them out of retaliation.
You have to out psychopath them and it's easier said than done ngl

Standing up for yourself doesn't always work tbh that's a fantasy in movies.
If someone is determined to bully you they aren't going to stop easily unless you physically hurt them bad and aren't afriad to go for areas like their eyes when you attack them out of retaliation.
You have to out psychopath them and it's easier said than done ngl
Usually if you do snap at them and retaliate by saying stuff back they will realize it’s not worth the trouble and go bother someone else. But if it’s someone who really wants to bully then you might have to do something drastic which most people won’t do. But you will have to decide, either continue getting bullied and suffer the side effects or take extreme measures but end up getting in trouble. I would personally choose the latter since it’s a more honorable way to go.

Usually if you do snap at them and retaliate by saying stuff back they will realize it’s not worth the trouble and go bother someone else. But if it’s someone who really wants to bully then you might have to do something drastic which most people won’t do. But you will have to decide, either continue getting bullied and suffer the side effects or take extreme measures but end up getting in trouble. I would personally choose the latter since it’s a more honorable way to go.
True but if you are smaller than them (which is usually the case because bullies pick on easy targets) and they are only passive aggressive but not physically violent it can be tough to escalate things that far without you looking like a weirdo and getting bullied more.

And when attacking them unless you punch them where they'll probably get injured like the nose hitting them or shoving them isn't going to do much.

True but if you are smaller than them (which is usually the case because bullies pick on easy targets) and they are only passive aggressive but not physically violent it can be tough to escalate things that far without you looking like a weirdo and getting bullied more.

And when attacking them unless you punch them where they'll probably get injured like the nose hitting them or shoving them isn't going to do much.
If they are not physically violent then you just have to insult them. Just match their level. And when getting violent and they are bigger then you will need to hit somewhere it will hurt or resort to using weapons (like blunt objects or pepper spray).

If they are not physically violent then you just have to insult them. Just match their level.
That doesn't work. Believe me I have tried it. People that are determined enough to bully you don't back down even when you insult them harshly because they see themselves as superior to you and believe that nothing you say to them will ever matter.

And when getting violent and they are bigger then you will need to hit somewhere it will hurt or resort to using weapons (like blunt objects or pepper spray).
Yup that's why in my previous post I mentioned the thing about how you can't be squeamish when going for sensitive areas like the eyes. But not everyone can do that imo. Call it psychological and pussying out but you shouldn't have to go to those lengths just to stop being harassed and bullied by others. And a lot of guys don't naturally have it in them to be violent to that extent.

Idk there's no proper solution. Even standing up to your bullies doesn't always work. That doesn't mean you shouldn't talk shit to them back when they bother you.

I think I might have light PTSD towards certain events that have happened in my past, but I'm not sure, but I react strangely when I remember certain things I would rather not remember.

Sometimes, when I think of things I don't like in the past that I find to be cringy or embarrassing (for example, when I was in 8th grade, I messed up during a play in front of many people and just stood there in silence), I start hitting myself repeatedly on the head and am stuck in a weird trance type thing repeatedly hitting my head until I eventually stop thinking of it, and it lasts about a few seconds.

I also sometimes have dreams of me being bullied and me being called fat (used to be fat), and the tone of those dreams, when the main thing happens, the dream starts to become extremely dreadful and psychotic. Like I would start kicking and screaming and self harming in those specific dreams.

I have extreme trust issues towards people now, too. Like if someone asks me to give them something (unless it's a really close friend), I start flashing back for a couple of seconds to when people used me to buy them hundreds of dollars of school food a month, and then would proceed to talk shit behind my back, and I immediately get extremely passive aggressive and hostile towards them from that.

That doesn't work. Believe me I have tried it. People that are determined enough to bully you don't back down even when you insult them harshly because they see themselves as superior to you and believe that nothing you say to them will ever matter.
Really? Usually if someone tried to start shit with me I would insult them and make fun of their family/race and they would back off. Most people aren’t that determined to bully to such an extent.
Yup that's why in my previous post I mentioned the thing about how you can't be squeamish when going for sensitive areas like the eyes. But not everyone can do that imo. Call it psychological and pussying out but you shouldn't have to go to those lengths just to stop being harassed and bullied by others. And a lot of guys don't naturally have it in them to be violent to that extent.

Idk there's no proper solution. Even standing up to your bullies doesn't always work. That doesn't mean you shouldn't talk shit to them back when they bother you.
It does suck that you would have to resort to such lengths for things like that but if you have no choice then you will have to. For me it’s mostly just wanting to avoid trouble not moral issues. I would happily resort to murder (in a game like gta v of course) but obviously you would get in trouble. I think I may be one of the ones which have it in them since I have done violent things in my dreams even when I didn’t know I was dreaming. All in all most people usually back off if they realize that it’s not worth it but if not it’s better to make an effort to fight back to atleast keep your dignity

Really? Usually if someone tried to start shit with me I would insult them and make fun of their family/race and they would back off. Most people aren’t that determined to bully to such an extent.
True but you have to up the ante to that level frequently. It just doesn't always seem worth it all the time because even then it doesn't always succeed and you can easily get fatigued having to do it again and again. ldaring whenever possible cuts down on bullying because normies can't get to you that way ngl

It does suck that you would have to resort to such lengths for things like that but if you have no choice then you will have to. For me it’s mostly just wanting to avoid trouble not moral issues. I would happily resort to murder (in a game like gta v of course) but obviously you would get in trouble. I think I may be one of the ones which have it in them since I have done violent things in my dreams even when I didn’t know I was dreaming. All in all most people usually back off if they realize that it’s not worth it but if not it’s better to make an effort to fight back to atleast keep your dignity
Yeah to be violent back to a person to such an extent that you have to stab them in sensitive areas isn't something every guy has in them and it's pretty sad that they are forced to resort to that kind of thing when they've tried everything else to stop getting harassed and bullied but nothing worked.

And yeah most people do usually back off if they realize it's not worth it but only if you hurt them physically. That's how determined a lot of bullies are.

I don't know if it's ptsd but just constant anxiety and stress and can't sleep moat nights

True but you have to up the ante to that level frequently. It just doesn't always seem worth it all the time because even then it doesn't always succeed and you can easily get fatigued having to do it again and again. ldaring whenever possible cuts down on bullying because normies can't get to you that way ngl
True but it never needs to go that far. And if it does you might unfortunately have to resort to more extreme methods. Most people will never be that obsessed enough to keep targeting you.
Yeah to be violent back to a person to such an extent that you have to stab them in sensitive areas isn't something every guy has in them and it's pretty sad that they are forced to resort to that kind of thing when they've tried everything else to stop getting harassed and bullied but nothing worked.

And yeah most people do usually back off if they realize it's not worth it but only if you hurt them physically. That's how determined a lot of bullies are
You don’t need to stab you can just hit them with a blunt object. I personally don’t see a problem ethically but it does suck since you can get in trouble. Sometimes you just have to do what you need to do

True but it never needs to go that far. And if it does you might unfortunately have to resort to more extreme methods. Most people will never be that obsessed enough to keep targeting you.
I haven't always seen that tbh
Some normies are determined to keep bullying you no matter what. They are really dysfunctional that way.

You don’t need to stab you can just hit them with a blunt object. I personally don’t see a problem ethically but it does suck since you can get in trouble. Sometimes you just have to do what you need to do
Yeah it sucks that you get in trouble for fighting back against your bullies but like you said sometimes you need to do what needs to be done. It definitely doesn't help making you seem more NT by having to resort to that though so that's a major downside.
Also remember that in school the person that fought someone but didn't win would get a detention while the person that beat them up would get suspended jfl

I haven't always seen that tbh
Some normies are determined to keep bullying you no matter what. They are really dysfunctional that way.
I have never seen people like that. Most people aren’t obsessed with one person to bother. Maybe you were unlucky in having to deal with such a miserable person that you described.
Yeah it sucks that you get in trouble for fighting back against your bullies but like you said sometimes you need to do what needs to be done. It definitely doesn't help making you seem more NT by having to resort to that though so that's a major downside.
Also remember that in school the person that fought someone but didn't win would get a detention while the person that beat them up would get suspended jfl
I’m pretty sure both receive The same punishment unless one gave the other serious injuries

Yes, my dad bullied me almost my all life.

Sometimes, during crucial points.

Phantosmia = neurological problems

yeah i do tbh. affected me a lot tbh. although i feel it affects me differently now than it did in my past.

Last edited: