Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do you dislike/avoid thinking about the past?

• Thread starter HyperVersager_4EVER
  • Start date

Nostalgic daydreaming: yes or no?

• Total voters
HyperVersager_4EVER

HyperVersager_4EVER

Overlord
★★★★★
This is a weird quirk of mine. When I find myself thinking about past or when memories(positive, negative alike) surge randomly I feel agitated. It pisses me off for some reason. I don't really have any big bad traumatic memory and would consider my childhood at least semi-decent but I dislike thinking about those memories. Personally it just feels wrong for some reason and I feel a weird need/some vague sense of duty to avoid them. Does anyone feel similar?

I'm a very nostalgic person. When I think about the past it's mostly good events which make me sad because they're over.

Wish I could completely forget the past tbh. Nothing good to reminisce about there.

I try to avoid ngl, if I kept thinkiing about my past I would probably rope.

here is a shitty comic i drew in paint that perfectly captures this hell we call earth. i forgot to add the pc to his nostalgic memory but whatever it perfeclt captures every day for me

I hate looking back to the past. I really do. It's cringey but it happens too much.

I rage at the past. but now with meditation cope, I no longer think of past and live in present

I dislike it but I end up doing it anyway

Nothing good happened in the past, I try to mentally block it out as much as possible.

I like thinking of good memories in the past and being nostalgic.

I have nothing else to think about.

No. 99% of my memories are bad. I have forgotten a lot but wish I could take a pill to forget everything!

It depends on what topic it is from the past.

Tbh there has been so much cultural change that the kind of life people lived in the 80s and 90s doesn't seem real now.

Depends upon the memory. But the thing is, when you remember something you're not actually experiencing the past in any real sense. You reconstruct memories every time you recall them, and they change over time due to this. You can create this change intentionally if you try hard enough, but it doesn't seem to work as well with bad memories. You can add things to neutral memories to make them pleasant and relaxing, but you can't take away what makes a bad memory bad. It would be great if I could simply will myself to forget things though.

For me thinking about the past is just another way to experience the present, as I can engage with memories in much the same way that I interact with the rest of my mental world.

Depends upon the memory. But the thing is, when you remember something you're not actually experiencing the past in any real sense. You reconstruct memories every time you recall them, and they change over time due to this. You can create this change intentionally if you try hard enough, but it doesn't seem to work as well with bad memories. You can add things to neutral memories to make them pleasant and relaxing, but you can't take away what makes a bad memory bad. It would be great if I could simply will myself to forget things though.

For me thinking about the past is just another way to experience the present, as I can engage with memories in much the same way that I interact with the rest of my mental world.

Good times reading the long arguments about personal autonomy, memories and a sense of self on the kurzweilai.net forums when they were active.

So many topics that argued things like if you are constantly shedding skin cells, then you aren't really the same person as a decade ago lol

Your post about how memories are reconstructed every time you recall them reminded me of that.

As a quantum lifeform, i live across past, present, and future at once so i dont dislike thinking about the past because the present is the past, and the future is the present.

Good times reading the long arguments about personal autonomy, memories and a sense of self on the kurzweilai.net forums when they were active.

So many topics that argued things like if you are constantly shedding skin cells, then you aren't really the same person as a decade ago lol

Your post about how memories are reconstructed every time you recall them reminded me of that.
I've never been to that site before, but yeah I think about philosophical questions a lot, probably too much.

I've never been to that site before, but yeah I think about philosophical questions a lot, probably too much.

The forums are no longer active but maybe there are archives somewhere of the past conversations.
The redpill and religious debates were brought up regularly there.

Have you heard of the concept of systematic thinking?
I think it essentially means that everything is somehow connected.

This is inescapable and makes it a lot harder to cope with inceldom imo

Want to reacd about new technology? -> there is technological stagnation -> why, probably because too many men are LDARing and aren't as motivated as in the past

Running out of resources and climate change -> too many people and too high living standards -> a byproduct of technology and the need to reproduce -> the need to reproduce is tied to the need for sex

Financial issues and economic recessions -> Related to jobs and the economy, makes things difficult for families -> In order to have a family you need to reproduce

99% vs. 1% -> world is hypercompetitive in all aspects -> all aspects including dating

I wish it were easier not to keep coming upon these questions. It is easier if you don't read the media.

Too many parallels between a shrinking middle class and a chad takes all sexual market ngl
Too many parallels between a lack of stable, longlasting jobs your grandparents had and a lack of stable, longlasting marriages that most men used to be able to expect

This is inescapable and makes it a lot harder to cope with inceldom imo

Want to reacd about new technology? -> there is technological stagnation -> why, probably because too many men are LDARing and aren't as motivated as in the past

Running out of resources and climate change -> too many people and too high living standards -> a byproduct of technology and the need to reproduce -> the need to reproduce is tied to the need for sex

Financial issues and economic recessions -> Related to jobs and the economy, makes things difficult for families -> In order to have a family you need to reproduce

99% vs. 1% -> world is hypercompetitive in all aspects -> all aspects including dating
Does this really make inceldom harder to cope with though? For me it's easier to be able to accept things if I understand why they're happening to me. Sure it's true that this world is shit, that every problem resolved ends up generating a new one, that scarcity is a fact of life because people recreate it whenever it's absent (by virtue of their own existence and desire to reproduce), however this stuff doesn't really bother me that much anymore because I have very little emotional investment remaining.

It's not that I don't see it all as bad, quite the opposite, I fucking despise it all. However I don't even value my own life anymore, I have no hope, and therefore I just try to accept things. There is nothing I can do to change problems intrinsic to existence, so I just cope through escapism and tulpamaxxing.

Does this really make inceldom harder to cope with though? For me it's easier to be able to accept things if I understand why they're happening to me. Sure it's true that this world is shit, that every problem resolved ends up generating a new one, that scarcity is a fact of life because people recreate it whenever it's absent (by virtue of their own existence and desire to reproduce), however this stuff doesn't really bother me that much anymore because I have very little emotional investment remaining.

It's not that I don't see it all as bad, quite the opposite, I fucking despise it all. However I don't even value my own life anymore, I have no hope, and therefore I just try to accept things. There is nothing I can do to change problems intrinsic to existence, so I just cope through escapism and tulpamaxxing.

Even escapism and tulpamaxxing comes under criticism if too many people are engaging in it.
Escapism isn't escapism if you are reminded of your coping IRL

A few years ago if you talked about anime waifus and 2D > 3D no one would really have any comeback to what you were saying.

But after Jordan Peterson brought attention to such things with his spiels about manning up and peter pan syndrome most people now consider these things laughable and worthy of mockery.
Now there could be a drama about a reclusive incel that longs to live in the anime world and viewers would automatically identify that person as worthy of ridicule.

That's the terrible part about this reality, you can't ignore it.
It's like the line about politics: "Just because you don't take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you."

You younglings have no future...

I have no past.

My entire life has been miserable af. I hate thinking about it. Just ragefuel and suifuel rejections and traumas.

Even escapism and tulpamaxxing comes under criticism if too many people are engaging in it.
Escapism isn't escapism if you are reminded of your coping IRL

A few years ago if you talked about anime waifus and 2D > 3D no one would really have any comeback to what you were saying.

But after Jordan Peterson brought attention to such things with his spiels about manning up and peter pan syndrome most people now consider these things laughable and worthy of mockery.
Now there could be a drama about a reclusive incel that longs to live in the anime world and viewers would automatically identify that person as worthy of ridicule.

That's the terrible part about this reality, you can't ignore it.
It's like the line about politics: "Just because you don't take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you."
This is basically sadism tbh, people just want to make you feel worse to satisfy themselves.

The only solution is to stop caring about what others think of you. Whether my lifestyle has the approval of others or not shouldn't matter, I'm not hurting them, and they can't shame me into changing. I have no self image for them to tear down, as it's either gone, or it's as low as it can possibly be, so continuing to bully me isn't going to make me stop.

Also people can't tell me that my own experiences aren't real, or somehow don't matter.

This is basically sadism tbh, people just want to make you feel worse to satisfy themselves.

If not people around you in general, it's media and people trying to sell muh redpilled book that do this by slipping in references of similar things that ailed you into their works. Letting you know that for all the times they denied what you were saying, it's okay if someone higher status than you like a woman or chad says it.
Drawing attention to a mental and psychological wound that hasn't healed and is now constantly picked at by society.

People argue against this saying not to watch such stuff if you don't like it. The problem is that kind of thing is everywhere.

The only solution is to stop caring about what others think of you. Whether my lifestyle has the approval of others or not shouldn't matter, I'm not hurting them, and they can't shame me into changing. I have no self image for them to tear down, as it's either gone, or it's as low as it can possibly be, so continuing to bully me isn't going to make me stop.

So much easier to say that to put it into practice tbh

A blackpill is that even if you do try to act like everyone else normies will still find a way that you stand out and target you for that.
That's why the lookspill, NTpill and racepill makes a lot of sense: it's all things you can mostly not change and are out of your control that causes you to get bullied and treated differently, not easily changeable things.

Also people can't tell me that my own experiences aren't real, or somehow don't matter.

It's not so much that but people trying to claim your own experiences aren't real only to satirize and allude to them being real later on in tv shows, stand up comedy and other forms of media. Which is why focusing on politics and media isn't that good of a cope for escapism purposes. Everything gets co-opted.

My past was painful. Lots of rejection and being treated like an outcast. I want to forget it all

I reminisce about the past a lot, but I hate thinking about it at the same time. It just makes me sad what this world has evolved into over the past 19 years. Everything seemed so much better back then and I'm jealous of people who were actually old enough to do fun shit back then.

I think about my past and the cringey interactions I’ve had with people and foids over the past years a lot

I always did it, but I'm not doing it as much as of late.

I often find myself constantly thinking back to the negative experiences I've gone through in the past

I try not to because I start remembering time where I was being a complete autist and start cringing

I often think about my past. I do not feel bad about it.

Last edited:
back when i was a bluepilled guy. that was pathetic. i wish i knew sooner what i know now. Blackpill is life.

Cuck if you forget the past