Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do you desire an afterlife or a reincarnation?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
If you had the choice, would you want to continue existing in some way after your death?

While I realize that whether or not you believe in a God/Gods has been asked several times, I think this is almost an entirely separate question.

Personally I wouldn't want my specific consciousness to continue existing in any capacity. I know that conceptually "I" could have no needs nor preferences and couldn't suffer from nonexistence/preexistence, and it seems to me that a state of awakened awareness is characteristically negative. I find it interesting how many religions view the continuity of life after death positively, while even just the vague notion of this fills me with dread. This applies doubly to reincarnation, as I know what this life entails and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

I think the word you can use is "metempsychosis".

I have a desire for immortality and becoming a cyborg, leaving fragile human parts behind.

I could choose to continue exist only if my memories were canceled. if this is not possible, I prefer my life to end as soon as possible. however Buddhism has an extremely negative view of the cycle of reincarnations (samsara). existence and desire are the root of all evil for them

however Buddhism has an extremely negative view of the cycle of reincarnations (samsara). existence and desire are the root of all evil for them
I have more or less identical beliefs myself, as I've mentioned here before.

Only if I can come back as Chad.

I'd rather go to (((heaven))) where I can do what I want forever than continue to exist in normal reality.

But neither are real so it's silly to think about

An afterlife would be better because I wouldnt want to risk being an incel twice.

ceasing to exist or merging with the godhead/universe is the best option
Abrahamic-like heaven aka continuing to exist, but in a perfect world is second best, but I have philosophical objections to the possibility of such model
I'm not a fan of reincarnation or the concept of karma in general - I guess reincarnating into a chad/qt foid wouldn't be terrible, but I'm not a big fan of this option

I personally dont even know what will happen to me after I die, will it be eternal darkness that I am unaware of similar to pre-conception?

Being put back on this Earth in a different body?

Going to Heaven or eternal damnation?

something like The Amityville Horror.....
or Ghost in the Machine

The enamour about reincarnation is that only you or a few get it. Reincarnation is nice but if you think about it, then meaning everyone gets it including CHADS,FOIDS,NORMIES,EVERYONE, and that kills my desire for reincarnation to be real.

Reincarnation as a female. Anything else, please abort me.

I personally dont even know what will happen to me after I die, will it be eternal darkness that I am unaware of similar to pre-conception?

Being put back on this Earth in a different body?

Going to Heaven or eternal damnation?

I think it's stupid to consider that we will never exist again in some way. It doesn't make sense that we exist right now, but our concsiousness just goes away forever after death? Heaven or Hell is rather unlikely because it sounds like human imagination (because in our world there's always 2 opposites, right&left, fat&skinny etc.).

I honestly just don't understand how our brain works and why we are the person we actually are it all seems so complicated

If you had the choice, would you want to continue existing in some way after your death?

While I realize that whether or not you believe in a God/Gods has been asked several times, I think this is almost an entirely separate question.

Personally I wouldn't want my specific consciousness to continue existing in any capacity. I know that conceptually "I" could have no needs nor preferences and couldn't suffer from nonexistence/preexistence, and it seems to me that a state of awakened awareness is characteristically negative. I find it interesting how many religions view the continuity of life after death positively, while even just the vague notion of this fills me with dread. This applies doubly to reincarnation, as I know what this life entails and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

Yes if I could be reborn as a anime high schooler who is kinda plain but is in a harem.

The latter part, yes.

But I don't think too much about those things as they're not real and I don't want to disappoint myself more at the end.

Depends, if I could choose what I wanted to look like and be it would be worthwhile. If not, I would prefer eternal sleep.

Go to afterlife to receive my 72 virgins

I would much rather exist in some sort of afterlife, if at all. I would never want to be reincarnated - this world is going to shit and I don't want to be here when it does.

I want my soul and consciousness to be vanished forever.

to be reinicarnated into a cyborg and live in a futuristic utopian society where everything good is possible

I would rather not exist at all after I die.

I am not sure. I would if I could get rid of my human flaws . Pretty much just what @Maeror said

I prefer afterlife tbh. Going through the hassle of being born and growing up isn't worth it, even if I reincarnate as chad.

I desire to be build as a god