Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do you believe in 'big pharma'?

mcfroggy

mcfroggy

NEET | Doesn't even have friends
★★★★★
Ded srs. I do believe the healthcare system is mostly for their own profit. Vaccines, antibiotics, and other life saving drugs are obviously good, but the 9926923659 types of painkillers, anti depressants, blood pressure drugs...? Pure profit. Most don't even show to work well under further study, they were just neutral enough to get approved and sold. At the end of the day it's more profitable to tell the patient 'take this pill for the rest of you life' than to just tell them that they need to lose weight and not eat shit. Or that their 'sexual dysphoria' is totally not a delusion and they need to take pills for rest of life and get multiple expensive surgeries. The food industry too fucked us over by promoting fat as evil, when it was actually sugar (that they ended up putting in everything). Even the dentistry field turns out to be mostly a bunch of quacks when you realize how ppl in the past didn't get cavities or impacted teeth. They create our problems and then sell us stuff to 'cure' it. If they gave ppl the actual truths on how to be healthy, most, if not all, health related fields and companies will go extinct.

This is true for most fields tbh, entertainment, academia, media, technology. They have create needs and promote large scale social engineering otherwise the system collapses

Ded srs. I do believe the healthcare system is mostly for their own profit. Vaccines, antibiotics, and other life saving drugs are obviously good, but the 9926923659 types of painkillers, anti depressants, blood pressure drugs...? Pure profit. Most don't even show to work well under further study, they were just neutral enough to get approved and sold. At the end of the day it's more profitable to tell the patient 'take this pill for the rest of you life' than to just tell them that they need to lose weight and not eat shit. Or that their 'sexual dysphoria' is totally not a delusion and they need to take pills for rest of life and get multiple expensive surgeries. The food industry too fucked us over by promoting fat as evil, when it was actually sugar (that they ended up putting in everything). Even the dentistry field turns out to be mostly a bunch of quacks when you realize how ppl in the past didn't get cavities or impacted teeth. They create our problems and then sell us stuff to 'cure' it. If they gave ppl the actual truths on how to be healthy, most, if not all, health related fields and companies will go extinct.
Problem reaction solution all around

some of it’s legit some of it’s bull

i believe only in myself

Yes and no. Some medication is to be avoided, such as antidepressants. And many things can be cured naturally. Some medication does work. Pain killers for example.

In the end, people are lazy and stupid. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink. Getting some anti depressants is easier than working out and quitting bad habits and toxic relationships. So people buy it.

It's been proven to be all bullshit. Corrupt world needs to burn.

Yeah, pharma is a huge industry and has its own interests in mind just like any other industry. Back in the day, effective medicine coming along (pennicilin, heroin, etc) was kind of a rarity, and there'd be lots of snake oil otherwise.
Technology has improved since then, but not nearly enough to justify the flood of pills and shots and gels and everything else that's come in the last years and decades.
The gender dysmorphia thing is the perfect example. Like seven years ago suddenly troons became the political darlings of the world, and bam, there's now a dozen weird frankenchemicals released to service this new market.

I believe I'm destroyed

"Big pharma"

Cancer is a 200 billion dollar a year industry