Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do animals have mental illnesses?

ItsOver4cel

ItsOver4cel

You're either a WinnER or a big LosER
★★★★★
I know I could just google this and find out right away but I wanna hear your opinion, as this is an interesting question.
Most that I could find out is that animals have mental illnesses in the sense of having behaviour disorders like eating for example, this opens the question if mental illnesses as a whole or most of them are just a construct of society to keep people in check.

There are gay animals, so yes

Yes, having a big frontal cortex doesn't help either. I believe more intelligent animals will have it more. Its the same reason some animals don't know they are in captivity and Chimps do and will throw their shit in protest. Mental illness is a consequence of intelligence honestly.

Yes, having a big frontal cortex doesn't help either. I believe more intelligent animals will have it more. Its the same reason some animals don't know they are in captivity and Chimps do and will throw their shit in protest. Mental illness is a consequence of intelligence honestly.
Seems like the more complex the brain, the more shit goes over your head tbh

We derive our understanding of the human body and the way that the chemicals work on our brain through modeling it and animal experiments. Dogs and cats can be prescribed xanax for instance and the chimp that ripped off that lady's face (Travis I believe) was on xanax.
Ever if mental illness was or wasn't a mental construction to keep humans in check, we know that laws and the government do the same thing even before mental illness was appreciated. Therefore if your real question is about conditioning humans, of course it exists, that is what religion, morals, laws, and government also does, way before mental illness.

I don't know.

We derive our understanding of the human body and the way that the chemicals work on our brain through modeling it and animal experiments. Dogs and cats can be prescribed xanax for instance and the chimp that ripped off that lady's face (Travis I believe) was on xanax.
Ever if mental illness was or wasn't a mental construction to keep humans in check, we know that laws and the government do the same thing even before mental illness was appreciated. Therefore if your real question is about conditioning humans, of course it exists, that is what religion, morals, laws, and government also does, way before mental illness.
I mean most mental illnesses are based of behavioral disorders (which are questionable on their own and are based around certain parameters of a species) and some are more legit than others, that's my view. If we didn't have morals or stuff like that I'm damn sure there would be way less of them known by mankind.

It's all bullshit.

I mean most mental illnesses are based of behavioral disorders (which are questionable on their own and are based around certain parameters of a species) and some are more legit than others, that's my view. If we didn't have morals or stuff like that I'm damn sure there would be way less of them known by mankind.
Are you questioning the DSM-V? You may be interested in this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Mental_Illness
Szasz argues that it does not make sense to classify psychological problems as diseases or illnesses, and that speaking of "mental illness" involves a logical or conceptual error.[2] In his view, the term "mental illness" is an inappropriate metaphor and there are no true illnesses of the mind.[3] His position has been characterized as involving a rigid distinction between the physical and the mental.[2]

The legitimacy of psychiatry is questioned by Szasz, who compares it to alchemy and astrology,[4] and argues that it offends the values of autonomy and liberty.[5] Szasz believes that the concept of mental illness is not only logically absurd but has harmful consequences: instead of treating cases of ethical or legal deviation as occasions when a person should be taught personal responsibility, attempts are made to "cure" the deviants, for example by giving them tranquilizers.[2] Psychotherapy is regarded by Szasz as useful not to help people recover from illnesses, but to help them "learn about themselves, others, and life."[3] Discussing Jean-Martin Charcot and hysteria, Szasz argues that hysteria is an emotional problem and that Charcot's patients were not really ill.[6]

Are you questioning the DSM-V? You may be interested in this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Mental_Illness
Interesting, thing is nigga associates the mind and the body as two entirely different entities, while we already know that the mind is just a reflection of our thoughts which come from neuron signals bouncing everywhere in our brain. To say that we have a mental illness heavily implies that the mind aka the brain has certain standard parameters (and I don't disagree with this, drugs for example break this balance), as the definition of illness is something that negatively affects the normal functioning of our body, but as I said, these parameters could very well be measured in social parameters and not actual biological ones, gotcha?

In several Desmond Morris books, he suggested that both human and animal mental illnesses are the result of having restricted or suppressed our innate and even individual biological imperatives of each being. This tries to address the reason why animals in zoos or in captivity lose their heads and have strange behavior patterns. The same has happened with humans.
Inceldom's underlying behaviors are an example of that.

In several Desmond Morris books, he suggested that both human and animal mental illnesses are the result of having restricted or suppressed our innate and even individual biological imperatives of each being. This tries to address the reason why animals in zoos or in captivity lose their heads and have strange behavior patterns. The same has happened with humans.
Inceldom's underlying behaviors are an example of that.
Interesting, so inceldom and social isolation is the root of all our problems. That actually makes sense since ppl tend to lose control under those circunstances.

Yeah they can get depressed and shit when isolated.
sounds familiar

Interesting, thing is nigga associates the mind and the body as two entirely different entities, while we already know that the mind is just a reflection of our thoughts which come from neuron signals bouncing everywhere in our brain. To say that we have a mental illness heavily implies that the mind aka the brain has certain standard parameters (and I don't disagree with this, drugs for example break this balance), as the definition of illness is something that negatively affects the normal functioning of our body, but as I said, these parameters could very well be measured in social parameters and not actual biological ones, gotcha?
That's partially it. We also know from brain models that we are not a single mind. There's several voices or desires and they fight each other. Rather stranger than I thought.

An Elephant went ER once jfl

ask that gorilla guy

Stop bumping my threads for muh post count u niggr