Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion did you receive enough attention from your parents?

I

imsorry

Self-banned
-
grew up with a single mother.

my father would visit us every christmas and july for 1-2 weeks up until i was 9 years of age.

he would always prefer to watch tv instead of conversing with his children.

the most pathetic way i had ever tried to make my dad "love" me was by offering him food.

not only was i rejected and bullied by my own peers but i was rejected by my own father too.

i never dared to tell him what was happening to me because i thought if he found out he would be ashamed of me and wouldn't want me anymore.

does anyone else feel like they grew up to be very stubborn?

A lot of attention to studying and behaving well.
0 actual tangible support with my deformities and social issues.

I cannot blame my parents. They always treated me very well.

I cannot blame my parents. They always treated me very well.
same ngl.

I was raised to be religious and moral but people are usually not and that played against me, I don't blame them for it though its just people are shitty

View: https://voca.ro/16Xjeo4uCbWj

I thought they were disappointed & didn't feel able to talk to them about stuff concluding that if I revealed any problems I was having they'd be even more distant due to disappointment & disgust. Childhood consisted of a lot of confusion for me.

Yes, my parents don't know much about me. We mostly just lived together like a roommate. As a kid I remember trying to get more attention by getting good grades and excelling in my classes.My father was an alcoholic and I always thought that by not giving him problems he would stop drinking. My parents were emotionally distant from me, they don't know my favorite color, food, animal, etc. I can't even talk about the problems I have with teen girls, I just keep that to myself for safety.

Yes, my parents don't know much about me. We mostly just lived together like a roommate. As a kid I remember trying to get more attention by getting good grades and excelling in my classes.My father was an alcoholic and I always thought that by not giving him problems he would stop drinking. My parents were emotionally distant from me, they don't know my favorite color, food, animal, etc. I can't even talk about the problems I have with teen girls, I just keep that to myself for safety.

View: https://voca.ro/1g8XzoLLQO29

Yes. But I’m still a cold, depressed angry man.

A lot of attention to studying and behaving well.
0 actual tangible support with my deformities and social issues.

Absolutely this.
Lots of attention to unnecessary and irrelevant details (grades)
No attention whatsoever to what really matters (development into an NT person)

no, nobody cared when i was growing up

They gave me too much attention in a bad way.