Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Did you find an activity/hobby that you really enjoy and is satisfying?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I wonder if I'll ever find such a thing. It's literally one of my biggest wishes, to find something I genuinely enjoy and to be able to spend a lot of time doing it. To want to do it so much that when I'm doing something else I'm thinking about that.

Unfortunately I've tried for years to find something like that and I failed. I literally searched for lists of activities and hobbies and I couldn't find anything that seemed interesting.

Anyway, it's probably the greatest cope an incel can have. Makes life a lot more tolerable, even worth living. Do you have such a thing?

i found it but it easily leads to burnouts and rage, if you remember my thread about desperate gamedevcels it has everything you need

Sort of. I have a list of anime/manga that I want to complete and go through aswell as a few books.

I used to play piano when I was in mood, not anymore, lost all skills and honestly don't want to waste time doing it again.

Lifting. Even that is somewhat annoying because I'm reminded of my genetic limitations in some areas

Working on my postmaxxing bot

Electronics is pretty fun and satisfying. It might come in handy latER on for building remote denotaned bombs in minecraft.

I wonder if I'll ever find such a thing. It's literally one of my biggest wishes, to find something I genuinely enjoy and to be able to spend a lot of time doing it. To want to do it so much that when I'm doing something else I'm thinking about that.

Unfortunately I've tried for years to find something like that and I failed. I literally searched for lists of activities and hobbies and I couldn't find anything that seemed interesting.

Anyway, it's probably the greatest cope an incel can have. Makes life a lot more tolerable, even worth living. Do you have such a thing?
Occasionally. I cope with animals, music and documentaries as well as daydreaming.
I was an active enthusiast of different arthropods, reptiles, amphibians and (predatory) fish once, but after wagecucking I never had the interest to pursue that hobby again. I am still a member in many groups/forums regarding that topic and occasionally I browse the Internet for new findings, but I am not as enthusiastic as I used to be, because systematics/taxonomy is too fast for me and I can't keep up with the new developments.
Thanks to my shitty place of residence keeping animals is nearly impossible for me and I consider it to be too much effort nowadays. Occasionally, the old fever gets me again out of sheer nostalgia and I read old articles (yesterday, for example I spent some hours looking for pictures of Trahiras/Hoplias sp. and bioluminescent roaches). Sadly, reading all the new magazines is far too much effort for me, only when truly amazing stuff happens I occasionally visit stores/buy something.
I am also interested in True Crime, Criminal Psychology, Toxicology, Forensic Science, diseases and parasites (especially those which influence behavior like Dicrocoelium or those which cause deformations like Ribeiroia). I also do sports although I am extremely shitty at it and my attempts are pathetic at best. Sometimes I try to read things about politics, but except some rants politics/philosophy is something I don't understand as well as I would like to do. Occasionally, I go into the woods. There are apps that are very good at determining which plant you see there and botany has been a hobby of mine for some time and a fun cope, I also like visiting zoos/aquariums and watch animals in the wild. Am also a shitty photograph.
Lifting. Even that is somewhat annoying because I'm reminded of my genetic limitations in some areas
daydreamingmaxxing is what i only do
Smoking weed
Video games
Based copes.

Music is the only one that gives me real fullfilment. The others are just copes to pass the time and not feel as shitty.

Its not as much hobbies themselves, but being good at it and getting other people to validate and support you. You could probably get into things that right now you think are stupid, like idk rock climbing if you were good at it and had people supporting you and helping you to progress. When i used to do sports, the pats on the back and "lets do it guys" would mean more to me than the hobby itself.

But yeah i think social factor and support matters the most in finding something that you can enjoy. Again its pretty troublesome as an incel, as not many people will want to interact with you. So you are mostly left with incelish hobbies like programming or games. As opposed to females who can get into literally anything and be praised.

i found it but it easily leads to burnouts and rage, if you remember my thread about desperate gamedevcels it has everything you need
Ouch, I read/watched a lot of things about game development, it can be fun but that fun is buried under layers of grind and hard work and pain.
I feel like lifting is yet another thing that the internet ruined, or at least made less fun. Not only did it plaster the images of incredibly and unrealistically buff dudes everywhere (even more so than TV or magazines), it's raised expectations a lot more. What would've looked like a buff dude in the 80s now looks like he is merely "healthy".
Working on my postmaxxing bot
Botting is a good skill, make a runescape bot or something and sell it for money.
Video games
What do you play?
Occasionally. I cope with animals, music and documentaries as well as daydreaming.
I was an active enthusiast of different arthropods, reptiles, amphibians and (predatory) fish once, but after wagecucking I never had the interest to pursue that hobby again. I am still a member in many groups/forums regarding that topic and occasionally I browse the Internet for new findings, but I am not as enthusiastic as I used to be, because systematics/taxonomy is too fast for me and I can't keep up with the new developments.
Thanks to my shitty place of residence keeping animals is nearly impossible for me and I consider it to be too much effort nowadays. Occasionally, the old fever gets me again out of sheer nostalgia and I read old articles (yesterday, for example I spent some hours looking for pictures of Trahiras/Hoplias sp. and bioluminescent roaches). Sadly, reading all the new magazines is far too much effort for me, only when truly amazing stuff happens I occasionally visit stores/buy something.
I am also interested in True Crime, Criminal Psychology, Toxicology, Forensic Science, diseases and parasites (especially those which influence behavior like Dicrocoelium or those which cause deformations like Ribeiroia). I also do sports although I am extremely shitty at it and my attempts are pathetic at best. Sometimes I try to read things about politics, but except some rants politics/philosophy is something I don't understand as well as I would like to do. Occasionally, I go into the woods. There are apps that are very good at determining which plant you see there and botany has been a hobby of mine for some time and a fun cope, I also like visiting zoos/aquariums and watch animals in the wild. Am also a shitty photograph.

Based copes.
That's very interesting. Have you though about maybe getting something that requires less space/maintenance? Maybe like
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vm8fqqJpZM
or maybe something else in that vein
Its not as much hobbies themselves, but being good at it and getting other people to validate and support you. You could probably get into things that right now you think are stupid, like idk rock climbing if you were good at it and had people supporting you and helping you to progress. When i used to do sports, the pats on the back and "lets do it guys" would mean more to me than the hobby itself.

But yeah i think social factor and support matters the most in finding something that you can enjoy. Again its pretty troublesome as an incel, as not many people will want to interact with you. So you are mostly left with incelish hobbies like programming or games. As opposed to females who can get into literally anything and be praised.
True, not to mention how much your brain is altered by not interacting socially in your formative years, maybe that's why I don't enjoy things.

Daydreaming, pop-history, conspiracy theories, video games, and sleepmaxxing take up most of my time.

I feel like lifting is yet another thing that the internet ruined, or at least made less fun. Not only did it plaster the images of incredibly and unrealistically buff dudes everywhere (even more so than TV or magazines), it's raised expectations a lot more. What would've looked like a buff dude in the 80s now looks like he is merely "healthy".
Yes a guy who has a really damn good natty body is now seen as "that guy who must work out a bit from time to time". Because people think that the steroid abusing ig models and some of the hollywood stars who put on 40lbs of muscle in 6 months are natty

Yes a guy who has a really damn good natty body is now seen as "that guy who must work out a bit from time to time". Because people think that the steroid abusing ig models and some of the hollywood stars who put on 40lbs of muscle in 6 months are natty
Most people have no idea how fucking hard it is to build your body, even to just have a subtle outline of muscles. I only went to the gym for 4 months in my life, and I had no results, but due to my shit genetics I know how hard it is and I really respect average genetics people who work out (except Chads, fuck those cunts).

Fuck the grinding in that game. Fuck the exponential growth of enemy stats. I love how the game feels but these things ruin it for me
That’s the one annoying thing about it. You do one mission and the next mission everyone is 5 levels above you. I can usually do a mission if I am 2 levels below since I end up getting to the actual level by the time I get to the boss.

That’s the one annoying thing about it. You do one mission and the next mission everyone is 5 levels above you. I can usually do a mission if I am 2 levels below since I end up getting to the actual level by the time I get to the boss.
I'd love that game but grinding so much in a singleplayer game always felt pointless to me. At least in an MMO there is a semblance of permanence to your progress, a sense of competing with others and increasing in ranking compared to them. In a singleplayer game it's just numbers increasing for no reason.

Yeah I really enjoy dreaming about dying and going ER.

Target practice, shooting. I'm too poor socially retarded neet to actually go to shooting range so I shoot semi automatic airgun pistol in my backyard. I become quite good at it

Walking or running at night whilst listening and daydreaming (nightdreaming?), playing guitar

I'd love that game but grinding so much in a singleplayer game always felt pointless to me. At least in an MMO there is a semblance of permanence to your progress, a sense of competing with others and increasing in ranking compared to them. In a singleplayer game it's just numbers increasing for no reason.
I personally didn’t do too much grinding. I was usually able to level up enough in the actual missions themselves. I’m still playing it tho so maybe but I am almost done with the campaign

Sadly no but When I was 10, RuneScape felt like the only game I'll need for the rest of my life. :feelsYall::feelskek::feelsbadman:

Was there much of a rock climbing interest in lithuania, and also what about the alternative scene in lithuania what was that like?

Lol, my hobby is improving health, it is a delicate art. You're playing your body like a violin, it is not an exact sciense at all. Intuition and deep connection to your inner self, concious unconciousness, that's where lies the key to health. If your conciousness is disconnected, you'll be lost hopelessly. I do also beieve, that health=looks, and you can fix a whole lot, even if not everything naturally. Can't wait to share my info, once my results are going to be too blatant to ignore.

Lifting. Started out years ago to try and look better. Didn't work in that regard, but now I live lifting. I do it for two hours at a time, listen to something funny or intellectual and just go HAM. And being strong feels good. Chasing results has also caused me to adopt many healthy habits and nutritional considerations. Overall,I think it's caused my mood regulation to become very powerful. I don't pine for women like when I was younger and don't feel lonely.

And almost every drop is complete garbage. The higher your level, the higher the difficulty, the more drops become worthless. Eventually nothing but legendaries and a select few weapons are worth using, everything else is suicide

And almost every drop is complete garbage. The higher your level, the higher the difficulty, the more drops become worthless. Eventually nothing but legendaries and a select few weapons are worth using, everything else is suicide
It’s pretty rare to find stuff I would actually use. Most guns that are dropped are shit and the guns I have already mog them. The guns that are actually good are 3 levels over what I have. But I do eventually find good stuff. Just takes a long time

It’s pretty rare to find stuff I would actually use. Most guns that are dropped are shit and the guns I have already mog them. The guns that are actually good are 3 levels over what I have. But I do eventually find good stuff. Just takes a long time
The only characters i liked were axton and zero and i hated their playstyles. Axton is weak as shit if you don't want to play explosives and zero is gimmicky as fuck (either sniper or melee)

No.

I used to have one when I was a teenager, competitive online gaming. It was an effective cope because I didn't think of anything else while I was playing.

gaming but I don't really consider it as a hobby since you're just consuming someone's else creation

I started to skateboarding it's fun but damn this is frustrating

The only characters i liked were axton and zero and i hated their playstyles. Axton is weak as shit if you don't want to play explosives and zero is gimmicky as fuck (either sniper or melee)
I played as the guy with the turret. Forgot his name. I liked playing as wilhelm in pre sequel

It's axton. He's the weakest of the cast
Oh. I like the turret tho. It’s really helpful when I don’t feel like fighting a horde of enemies

I collect historical weapons and research them :feelsautistic:

Any hobby I take up just ends up feeling hollow and unfulfilling.

Lol, my hobby is improving health, it is a delicate art. You're playing your body like a violin, it is not an exact sciense at all. Intuition and deep connection to your inner self, concious unconciousness, that's where lies the key to health. If your conciousness is disconnected, you'll be lost hopelessly. I do also beieve, that health=looks, and you can fix a whole lot, even if not everything naturally. Can't wait to share my info, once my results are going to be too blatant to ignore.

Competitive armwrestling is great cope

I got back into playing guitar this year, and it's prevented me from roping. I used to play as a kid, but my parents forced me to studymax, and I wasted time trying to ascend. Music has never left me, and I will never leave it again. I've become so much better in the space of a year, I legit shred now.

I play musical instruments. Chess is also really good for killing time

Two. They are the best copes for me.

1. I've sunk thousands upon thousands of hours in flight simulators for 15 years. They still don't bore me.

2. Building model aircraft/tanks.