Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Did you ever suffer from sleep paralysis?

Mortis

Mortis

The Senator of Suffering & Minister of Misery
★★★★★
I only suffered from it once in my life when I was very young about 9 - 10 years old. I remember being on vacation in Morocco and waking up at around 4 am in cold sweat after a few seconds I realised I couldn't move and then I saw a dark figure in my bedroom door post. I don't know if you know what the shape of "The gondola" meme is but it was exactly like that but extremely dark and with even darker circles for eyes.

We probably had a stare off for about 5 minutes or so when he all off the sudden grabbed something out of his leg and threw it at me. I felt it hit me in the chest and my whole body had a tingling sention. I felt like how the static on a TV looks. Immediately after I felt it hit me I heard a church bell went off 3 times (wich is impossible because there are barely any churches in Morocco) and then Immediately after that the call for fajr prayer went off from the nearby mosque. I saw my father wake up to go to the prayer and asked me if something was wrong because I was awake and I couldn't say a word.

It was such a weird expierence and it always stuck with me. Did you guys ever had any similar expierences like this?

Gondola

I used to get it occasionally as a child and young teen.
It exploded in my late teens and early 20s when I was experimenting with psychedelic drugs.
Went away around 25, haven't had an episode in a decade.

Maybe I have special communication with spirits :worryfeels: @Michael W. Ford
I experienced sleep paralysis when a I was 5, but I wasn't visited by an entity that time.

I used to get it occasionally as a child and young teen.
It exploded in my late teens and early 20s when I was experimenting with psychedelic drugs.
Went away around 25, haven't had an episode in a decade.
Always wanted to try psychedelics but fuck they seem scary :worryfeels:

Always wanted to try psychedelics but fuck they seem scary :worryfeels:

They'll leave you with more questions than answers. I can't say whether I'd recommend them or not. They were some of the most powerful experiences of my life, which I still to this day spend time contemplating, but they also altered me in certain ways. Now, I was never NT, even as a child, but I can't say if I'm better or worse for having done them.

To give a more detailed answer about your thread topic, I used to see figures in dark cloaks standing over me while I was in my bed, unable to move. Other times I would be paralyzed and unable to even open my eyes while a melodious female voice whispered directly into my ear right next to me in an extremely strange language.

I also used to have regressions of false awakenings that I couldn't snap out of. Like I would wake up, and go about my day as usual, sometimes for hours, until something that would happen that was logically impossible (like I just drove all the way to the store and suddenly noticed I didn't have my car keys with me) which would snap me out of the dream and I'd wake up...into another dream. This could happen 3 times or like 20 times.

They'll leave you with more questions than answers. I can't say whether I'd recommend them or not. They were some of the most powerful experiences of my life, which I still to this day spend time contemplating, but they also altered me in certain ways. Now, I was never NT, even as a child, but I can't say if I'm better or worse for having done them.

To give a more detailed answer about your thread topic, I used to see figures in dark cloaks standing over me while I was in my bed, unable to move. Other times I would be paralyzed and unable to even open my eyes while a melodious female voice whispered directly into my ear right next to me in an extremely strange language.

I also used to have regressions of false awakenings that I couldn't snap out of. Like I would wake up, and go about my day as usual, sometimes for hours, until something that would happen that was logically impossible (like I just drove all the way to the store and suddenly noticed I didn't have my car keys with me) which would snap me out of the dream and I'd wake up...into another dream. This could happen 3 times or like 20 times.
Fuck that sounds scary as shit and as for the false awakening stuff did you ever manage to resolve it? Did you have to go to the doctor? If yes what did say?

Idk if there's a scientific explanation for sleep paralysis

Fuck that sounds scary as shit and as for the false awakening stuff did you ever manage to resolve it? Did you have to go to the doctor? If yes what did say?

I'd never go to the doctor unless it was for relatively simple surgery or bone-setting. I have a very low sense of self-worth, I would rather limp off into the woods and die in solitude than go to a doctor for most issues. The idea of going to a doctor for mental health seems absurd to me. I doubt they would really be able to do anything for you anyways in this case besides drug you up.

Yes, I had it one time I was vaguely aware of a person at my bedside about to kill me but I couldn't get up for a good few minutes even though I was trying extremely hard and basically screaming.

Weird shit would happen if I would try to sleep after napping that day

like I would wake up after 45mins and feel like I was falling forever in the darkness

Idk if there's a scientific explanation for sleep paralysis
There is. Your body supposedly relaxes its muscles during REM sleep to prevent yourself from thrashing around and hurting yourself, and sometimes your brain wakes up from REM sleep before your body does.

This explanation is specious, as there is no explanation for the body's mechanism of going into REM mode. That's something only your brain does. It also doesn't make sense from an evolutionary perspective, because you need to be able to quickly wake up and be physically ready for survival reasons, like a fucking bear enters your cave.

yea a lot when i was younger but as of now, only around 3-6 episodes per year.. i think its stress related and has to do with deep sleep mixed in with a shitty sleeping position. you need all three for it to really kick in i noticed.

Now for lucid dreaming, that shit is far more interesting but thats a whole other story.

my take on sleep paralysis goes deeper than just physiology/neurology/evolution and I think it was to do with consciousness. you see anything can be explained through in terms of consciousness. because thats what the universe ultimately is.

its your physical body (or most of it) going into sleep mode (like your computer). but the brain is also a quantum computer (as well as a classical one) that can perceive the consciousness frequencies of the multi-verse (our universe is one of them for example when were awake), and the parallel universes when asleep (dreaming). What happens with sleep paralysis is that you are literally being attacked by an alien from a parallel universe but that alien can't attack your actual body within our universe (our consciousness frequency). i think thats why under extreme cases of sleep paralysis, you can actually die in your sleep because the alien thats attacking you in your sleep paralysis, manages to kill you in the parallel universe realm and when that alien succeeds, your consciousness is separated from your physical body. its what inspired Freddie Krueger in that movie "Nightmare on Elm street" which was inspired by real events involving traumatized but otherwise healthy refugees from war torn south east asia. sudden nocturnal death syndrome is what they call it.

of course 100% of doctors out there will just give you the same o'l physiology/neurology take on sleep paralysis.

I would imagine that when you die. its like a device thats a quantum computer (as well as a classical computer) that gets destroyed. its like a knot that gets untangled. yea sure the knot gets untangled but in the course of trillions and trillions of years, that knot can reform again somehow through chance and pure randomness and there you are again with your same consciousness with no memory of your past lives.

that said, in relation to what I just said, I think a lot of advanced aliens out there actually resemble giant ground hogs for some reason but my sense is that those are at least the nicer ones. The real aggressive and hyper advanced aliens resemble giant leeches or banana slugs. Those are the really psychic dangerous ones that can "freeze" your consciousness. it sounds stupid and unlikely but thats just my intuition. if we all presume that there is a clear link between space-time and consciousness, and that these hyper advanced aliens can manipulate space-time somehow, its perfectly reasonable to assume that they can "freeze" your consciousness.

Last edited:
Sleep paralysis, yes

Strange scary monsters, no

Yes, I've had it twice. On the first occasion I was aware of a presence in the corner of my bedroom - a dark, shadowy figure - and it came up to me and spun me to the point I was perpendicular to my resting position and began pushing me towards the wall. At this point I woke up and felt a sudden jolt as I 'returned' to my resting position. The second occasion was more unnerving - the entity climbed onto my bed and came up to me, right in my face - I knew it was a sinister presence - and began to lift the covers off me, so I gripped them tightly then woke up and found the covers were partially off me.

Many times. Most of the times while in that state I dreamed/imagined some sinister presence about to molest or stab or choke me. Not scary though since learning what it was and it can be an opportunity to slip into a lucid dreaming state if you want.