Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Did any of you get lucky with your height?

Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper

God's greatest victim
★★★★★
When my parents were younger, my mom was only 5'1 and my dad was 5'8, but I still ended up 5'9. I suspect it was because both my grandpas were 6ft tall, so if it weren't for their genes, I would've ended up being a turbomanlet. This thread is directed to ethnics, since a cumskin wouldn't be here if he got lucky with his height

Unrelated but what’s the anime in your banner

Yea I'm taller than both parents at 5'9" as well. They grew up during war-time though so I suspect better nutrition played a role for me.

I got lucky, my dad is a half Cantonese half white short guy and my mum is a slightly above average height woman and I luckily got to be taller than both of them but I am still not six foot.

actually relative opposite of that my dad is 5'8 while my mom is 5'5 and i am 5'8 and brother is 5'11

I'm 5'10 at 18 so idk

Yes. I got Lucky!

actually relative opposite of that my dad is 5'8 while my mom is 5'5 and 5'8 and brother is 5'11
Your brother inherited your mom's height genetics while you inherited it directly from your father, so you were unlucky in that aspect.

yeah but not to a great degree.
my dad was 5'7 and my mums about 5'3. never seen my grandparents from either side.
im 5'9

yeah but not to a great degree.
my dad was 5'7 and my mums about 5'3. never seen my grandparents from either side.
im 5'9
Your parents don't know how tall their parents are?

Yea, but only because my parents are tall

Unrelated but what’s the anime in your banner
The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jVba5UIm28

If you're a coombrain who just simply enjoys watching waifus do waifu things, it might just have something that tickles your fancy, but if you ask me, it was just embarrassing meme garbage. Your typical mindless haremslop with nothing of substance to latch onto or care about. Even the girls, the only reason anyone watches harem in the first place, were bad, they all serve as utterly forgettable, one-note memes, and that's exactly what the entire series is. If you want a better, similar harem romcom, I unironically recommend checking out Rent-a-girlfriend if you haven't already.

Last edited:

If you're a coombrain who just simply enjoys watching waifus do waifu things, it might just have something that tickles your fancy, but if you ask me, it was just embarrassing meme garbage. Your typical mindless haremslop with nothing of substance to latch onto or care about. Even the girls, the only reason anyone watches harem in the first place, were bad, they all serve as utterly forgettable, one-note memes, and that's exactly what the entire series is. If you want a better, similar harem romcom, I recommend checking your Rent-a-girlfriend if you haven't already.

Rent a girlfriend is even worse:feelskek::feelskek:.

Yes I did.

I am 6'0 even though my mom is 5'1 and my dad is 5'8-5'9

Be gone, coomer!

Last edited:
I unironically recommend checking out Rent-a-girlfriend if you haven't already.
I mean as long as he only watches the anime and pretends the manga doesn't go on for 36 volumes then he may enjoy it.

I got completely fucked my dads probably like 5'11 (he used to claim 6'2 jfl) my mums 5ft and I'm 5'6 and the worst part is everyone I know whos around the same height as me had way shorter parents than me, they'll have parents who are like 5'6 and 5'0 and still manage to out grow me. I'm 5 inches shorter than my dad for fucks sake

I got completely fucked my dads probably like 5'11 (he used to claim 6'2 jfl) my mums 5ft and I'm 5'6 and the worst part is everyone I know whos around the same height as me had way shorter parents than me, they'll have parents who are like 5'6 and 5'0 and still manage to out grow me. I'm 5 inches shorter than my dad for fucks sake
What were those people's races?

white, its not like they were malnourished curries or something
Damn. Those guys really lucked out and their dads were even luckier for being to ascend as 5'6 manlets and ended up having tall sons.

If you're a coombrain who just simply enjoys watching waifus do waifu things, it might just have something that tickles your fancy, but if you ask me, it was just embarrassing meme garbage. Your typical mindless haremslop with nothing of substance to latch onto or care about. Even the girls, the only reason anyone watches harem in the first place, were bad, they all serve as utterly forgettable, one-note memes, and that's exactly what the entire series is. If you want a better, similar harem romcom, I unironically recommend checking out Rent-a-girlfriend if you haven't already.

Thank you

i am 5'9 so i got kind of lucky. im very similar except my parents are 4'10 and 5'10. my mother's family is taller than her except her paternal grandmother. My paternal grandfather is 5'11 which is decent compared to my predicted height.

recommend monster musume to him instead, jesus :feelskek:
I have essentially the same thoughts on that show as well; it's shit. If you want the good version of it, just watch Interspecies Reviewers ffs. It's not for everyone, even some coomers, but, despite all, that show was actually pretty fun. Monster Musume has your average shoddy, poor-quality production, where Ishuzoku Reviewers at least isn't ugly. Also, Monster Musume was completely unfulfilling in the ecchi department—the one thing that show billed itself on—very much unlike Ishuzoku Reviewers, where the ecchi scenes were actually good shit.

Last edited:
height of grandparents?

it's not that outrageous tbh because of your mum but yea pretty unlucky. Jaden Smith got a similar deal.

I mean as long as he only watches the anime and pretends the manga doesn't go on for 36 volumes then he may enjoy it.
:yes::yes::yes:

Well, I don't know about "enjoy," because Rent-a-Girlfriend is an acquired taste if there ever was one. Even if an anime only ends up liking it for whatever reason, all hope will surely be lost once the anime adaptaion reaches that point in the story. You know which one i'm talking about :feelshehe:

I'm not really interested in reading manga, but like many onlookers, I've heard how much more "problematic:soy:" the series becomes in the later chapters.

Rent a girlfriend is even worse:feelskek::feelskek:.
:no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no::no:

Rent-a-Girlfriend's worth as a series lies in its ability to be both infuriatingly bad and hilariously entertaining. 100 Girlfriends is just the former. It serves as a prime example of the "so bad it's good" entertainment phenomenon, thereby endowing it with a certain level of value that distinguishes it from similar works of its ilk.

Throughout season one, I can picture viewers holding themselves back from flying to Tokyo, calling the police, and getting the ricecel who wrote this arrested. I have a very high tolerance when it comes to things that I'm supposed to get mad at, but even I agree that Kanokari is pure fucking DEGENERATE shit. This is encouraging the uncountably many hopeless young men out there to pay for OnlyFans prostitutes with daddy’s money and catch feelings. This is advice that, if heeded, WILL hurt real, vulnerable, naive people in the real world, and it WILL jeopardize their relationships and careers, both academic and professional. It remains true that the show itself recognizes this is no foundation for a healthy relationship whatsoever, but the messaging still is never direct enough, nor does it ever stop excusing its bad actors. Ruka makes a public spectacle of drama, cries like a petulant little brat, commits blackmail, and gets exactly what she wants; Kazuya and Chizuru use lies to manipulate the emotions of their elderly and/or dying grandmothers, and that works out swimmingly; Kazuya is caught stalking the woman he (allegedly) loves, and she rewards him with a Christmas present; Kazuya gets a part-time job to pay for prostitutes because his parents’ allowance money wasn’t enough to sustain his spending, and this newfound time commitment doesn’t seem to endanger his education at all; I could go on.

Some fiction is about morals; they’re about learning a lesson and watching role-model characters, and others are not. [Mushoku Tensei] is very much in the later category… Kanokari, however, is very much in the former category. It’s about watching a confused, indecisive borderline incel to whom the target audience can heavily relate, learn to (very fucking) slowly but (I assume) surely learn to grow a spine and commit to a relationship with the one he loves. Therefore, since it’s ultimately trying to demonstrate self-betterment, the themes and suggestions it presents to its audience should be appropriate and virtuous enough to be presented in front of—and effectively taught to—its impressionable target audience of young incel-adjacent men. But this is not at all the case. Indeed, as described, it is very much the opposite. It tacitly endorses all the bad behavior listed above and more, and going beyond even that, what it chooses to actively and openly endorse is sometimes absolutely fucking wild. And how it went about this was exactly what got me invested.

It also helps that it's as good of an adaptation of whatever it's adapting as it probably could be, and I don’t think I need to read the manga to say that. Though the animation isn't particularly strong, the exquisite character and outfit designs work in harmony with the series' outstanding artwork. It is clear that the author's aim is to communicate the idea that these girls are worth money, a perspective that, for a significant number of them, holds true, and he definitely succeeded. The solid use of colors and backgrounds adds a sense of stability and visual appeal, while the music greatly enhances the overall experience. Especially the voice actresses' in-character insert songs are a standout feature, showcasing their talent and adding an extra layer of enjoyment to the production.

And if the obvious outpouring of effort wasn’t enough to convince you this production had some soul, I now take this time to direct you to the fucking *zawa zawa* Kaiji reference in season 2. Like, wtf?! What teenager or college kid watching this trash is going to understand or even catch that??? It’s just one of those baseline inclusions that makes you say, “Well, okay, at least the people making this clearly cared.” However, all of this is just fluff, as the real reason that captivated my interest was all that juicy, bloody, red meat shit: That feeling when you see another woman’s purse in your ex-boyfriend’s apartment; that feeling when you imagine your ex-girlfriend hooking up with some bigger, Chaddier, manlier guy; that feeling when you have to talk to the guy you like the morning after you heard another girl at his place; the feeling of your girlfriend, who you’re not even that serious about, having a family who truly trusts you to look after their daughter, or granddaughter in this case. This show could genuinely be viewed as a normie relationship simulator that showcases just some of the bullshit and drama they have to go through in order to keep one afloat, and in that regard, I think it's unmatched because of how amusingly (and relatably, for some) specific it's willing to take the scenarios.

I fully realize the position I’ve put myself in—that of somewhat standing in defense of an anime which every thinking individual seems to rightly despise for many valid reasons, all of which I’ve acknowledged and even criticized myself, but none of which I’ve even attempted to outright justify at all—and I’m struggling to find the answer to the question, “How and why did I enjoy watching this show again?” Because, I’m gonna be honest here, I know I, of all people, was the last person who should have.

The evolution we see from season 1 to season 2, where Chizuru kicked Kazuya off of her in the hospital bed with that big, over-the-top anime reaction, to season 2, where he falls on top of her in an equally retarded fan-service set-up, yet, this time, she instead looks to him vulnerably and tells him to get off in a demure, understated voice, letting him make the choice himself. Realizing Ruka bought condoms, or seeing her force herself on Kazuya because she knows she’s losing the emotional race. Getting wrapped up in the late-night Gossip Girl shit, the drama, investing in the competition, being fucking disgusted with Kazuya—it’s all part of the process. I love allowing myself to get invested in peak trash like this just so I can see if it has what it takes to frustrate me and force my cold, dead, icy heart to feel literally anything other than passivity and dejection, and 100 Girlfriends has none of that, nor any of what makes Kanokari get a green flag from me.

Last edited:
That’s just what’s supposed to happen. Every child is supposed surpass their father in height. I never once thought I wouldn’t ngl. But I always thought I was going to be at least 6’1.

I was underweight I guess which maybe fucked me up. I was projected to be around there when I was pretty young

I got lucky with tall genetics. I’m 6 feet tall. My dad was 6’1” and my mom is 5’5”. I thought I was going to be short because I was below average in height until age 16 when I grew from 5’6” to 6 feet tall in less than a year.

I got lucky with tall genetics. I’m 6 feet tall. My dad was 6’1” and my mom is 5’5”. I thought I was going to be short because I was below average in height until age 16 when I grew from 5’6” to 6 feet tall in less than a year.
no you didnt

no you didnt
What do you mean? Being 6 feet tall is above average and heightmoggs almost everyone else on this forum. If you are referring to getting lucky by being tall even with short parents, they you are right. Neither of my parents were short. I’d still say I got lucky though because it really looked like I was going to turn out short but I had such a rapid growth spurt at age 16 that my cardiovascular system couldn’t keep up and I was passing out around 10 times a day and felt weak all the time. I’m still on a corticosteroid to increase my blood pressure because my wimpy cardiovascular system struggles to pump blood through my long legs and back up to my brain.

What do you mean? Being 6 feet tall is above average and heightmoggs almost everyone else on this forum. If you are referring to getting lucky by being tall even with short parents, they you are right. Neither of my parents were short. I’d still say I got lucky though because it really looked like I was going to turn out short but I had such a rapid growth spurt at age 16 that my cardiovascular system couldn’t keep up and I was passing out around 10 times a day and felt weak all the time. I’m still on a corticosteroid to increase my blood pressure because my wimpy cardiovascular system struggles to pump blood through my long legs and back up to my brain.
your father probably had a big late spurt too

As lucky as possible I guess. My mom is 5'2, my day is 5'6 and I am 5'7.

When my parents were younger, my mom was only 5'1 and my dad was 5'8, but I still ended up 5'9. I suspect it was because both my grandpas were 6ft tall, so if it weren't for their genes, I would've ended up being a turbomanlet. This thread is directed to ethnics, since a cumskin wouldn't be here if he got lucky with his height
mom: 5`6 dad: 6`2 me 6`3