Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Desmond Amofah, AKA Etika, passed away at June 19, NYPD confirms

B

BlackpillMafia

Banned
-

I find this death not only to be important, but also relevant to incels. Etika was a victim of the modern world, specifically on two fronts. For one, he didnt believe in a god and, more importantly, didnt have any strong communal or traditional ties. This made his mental illness much worse, as his ""friends"" entertanied his spiritual beliefs that he made up rather than a shared one. One of the key aspects of "Modernity" is letting go of these supposedly juvenile beliefs/practices in favor of wealth extraction and showing off. I think @NeetSupremacist says it best:

He was victim of the hedonistic society, he had no God and didn't find value and means in this materialistic world. When society loses its believe in the higher principle this shit is bound to happen, just fucking lol this guy is not even an incel and yet he understood that this world even with females is miserable, he didn't believe in God so he killed himself.

The second front was technology. When Etika started acting up on social media around October, thousands of his fans turned his back on him. IMO this sudden rush of hate definitely worsened his depression. Social media has been scientifically proven to be detrimental on a personal level, which you can extrapolate for society as a whole. Virtually no one is talking about the real dangers of social media when it comes to women, or social consequences, etc. Instead most talk about social media is on how much time is spent on it and data extraction, which are important but don't hit on a more fundamental problem. When the first inter-Atlantic cables were being placed so the U.S and UK can telegraph each other, people back then were asking if this increased communication will actually make our lives better or be a detriment. We need to revive the general conversation about if technological progress is really a good idea at all.

Also this guys videos was a good cope. Call me a cuck, and although he wasnt an incel or anything, his live streams made me momentarily forget I was an incel loser destined to wage slave for some chad boss. Seeing him go crazy these past couple months was frightening, and it fucking sucks that this is how his story ultimately ends.

F in the chat boyos

Last edited:
already posted

This guy was living the life I only could dream for tbh.

already posted

Ehhh not really. Yes a thread about the body in the river was posted but not a thread like mine discussing the implications of his suicide.

This guy was living the life I only could dream for tbh.

Same tbh. I think social media and fame really did ruin him but a part of me would love to react to videos for a living. Those kinds of videos are easy to edit and livestreaming is fun tbh

How many subscribers did he have? Honestly never heard of him before this..

Same tbh. I think social media and fame really did ruin him but a part of me would love to react to videos for a living. Those kinds of videos are easy to edit and livestreaming is fun tbh
If he really wanted to escape public eyes he could of just went dark on everyone and in a few years his popularity would of died off, and everything would be "normal".

i loved his streams this truly made me sad. I watched his e3 videos and it felt like yesterday

If he really wanted to escape public eyes he could of just went dark on everyone and in a few years his popularity would of died off, and everything would be "normal".

Yeah but he had severe mental health issues you cant really say he shouldve done something rational when he literally couldnt think rationally

Yeah but he had severe mental health issues you cant really say he shouldve done something rational when he literally couldnt think rationally
True. Its ironic how he kills himself immediately after he was released from the hospital.

No disrespect to the guy. F in peace

But what exactly did he do or say that I'm supposed to sympathise with?

No disrespect to the guy. F in peace

But what exactly did he do or say that I'm supposed to sympathise with?

Its nothing that he said or did specifically, it was the type of society he grew up in that eventually led to his demise. Plus he wasnt some random normie wage slave he was an entertaining dude, so if he cant handle the modern world than it shows a bad sign IMO

Eh did he have any big YouTuber friends? :feelsbadman:

Damn. It's that reactions dude. I kept seeing him in youtube but never actually knew Jim. Fuck. His words got to me. That attack on titan part lol.

Eh did he have any big YouTuber friends? :feelsbadman:

I mean even people like pewdiepie are acknowledging his death, plus in every convention he went to he had tons of photos with other big youtubers, so yeah he def did.

Damn. It's that reactions dude. I kept seeing him in youtube but never actually knew Jim. Fuck. His words got to me. That attack on titan part lol.

Yeah dude shit is sad as fuck, terrible way to go out. His little brother also committed suicide 9 years ago so his family is just tragic.

No F for him from me, no S either, I'm indifferent. those that loved him and his fans though, unfortunate for them

He was an aging weak-looking guy who knew any success he had was easily dwarfed by an average 20 year old girl or a Bateman type guy.

This was some time in the making. There's a Tweet somewhere around here by Etika himself that basically predicts that now is about time for his next mental breakdown.

Never heard of him but R.I.P

He mogs me. RIP I watched few of his videos, the only reaction channel where I didnt put dislike ngl.. tfw. Anyone knows what mental illnesses he suffered from?
I mean even people like pewdiepie are acknowledging his death, plus in every convention he went to he had tons of photos with other big youtubers, so yeah he def did.

Yeah dude shit is sad as fuck, terrible way to go out. His little brother also committed suicide 9 years ago so his family is just tragic.
Fuck wtf

never watched his videos, I dont really like those reaction formats most of the time

"he didn't believe in God so he killed himself."
Im not christian, jewish, muslim or whatever but Im interested in the concept of god.
I think there is a reason why so many cultures over different periods of time came to similar conclusions, like that there is a god or gods.
Well there are many reason fe the one that people invented different religions to cope and explain the yet unexplainable because we always need a reason for anything. But there is another one that is also very important. And that is that we need REASON to really do anything.
We need reason to fight the unnescessary and overwhelming cruelty, pain and limitations we have to face for existing.
We need reason to have something to put it against the suffering that we will endure anyway whatever we do.
just because you are nihilistic you are not suffering less than most other people. there is still death, disease, physical pain, emotional pain, chaos, fear, bettrayal etc. So if we suffer no matter who we are no matter where we are no matter what we do, well the least thing we could have is atleast reason. yeah suffering with having a reason or reasons still sucks but whats the alternative? suffering without any reason sounds even worse. So we should pick reason. And I think thats what god or gods really is/are. Many people even if they are not religious which basically means that they believe in a certain kind of way a certain thing or things, they believe in allah or jahwe or budha or whatever. But just because you are not a christian or buddhist or whatever that follows these particular defined beliefes, doesnt mean that you dont believe in something or that you cant believe in something. You can still believe in God. it doesnt have to be a omnipotent being that looks like a man that floats in the sky (but if it is nothing wrong with that whatever works for you) maybe you have another word for god or it manifests itself in another way for you like for one it might be ones family, for one it might be ones friends, for one it might be ones love and dedication for his craft. but it doesnt matter what form god takes what name you give him. "He" will still be your god. And by listening to "him" your path might unfold, you will be guided because you have a goal, a reason, which means that there are certain things you should do and other things you shouldnt. We live not in a little moment but our life is a journey where personally there could happen quite alot to us. We dont live in one brief moment, we exist in constant suffering. So by dedicating ourselfs and doing some necessary sacrifices for a greater good something that is greater than we are, instead of aiming for instant impulsive pleasures like mindless sleeping around or drugs to "forget" the pain for a brief moment and doing that again and again until its over, we might unleash our full potential and have something (reason) that justifies our suffering,
even if its just a little.