Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious depression and loneliness

drakon_iz_ada

drakon_iz_ada

170 cm
★★★
Is there a way to cope with loneliness? I see many kids nowadays consider themselves lonely and say shit like "i have only 2-3 friends IRL" or "i chat only in 2-3 discord servers" :feelsseriously:
But are there people here who are truly alone, with no one to talk, how do you deal with depression, are you able to enjoy your life at least a little? I feel I can't go on like this for long, this lifestyle multiplies chance of roping x10 times

Is there a way to cope with loneliness? I see many kids nowadays consider themselves lonely and say shit like "i have only 2-3 friends IRL" or "i chat only in 2-3 discord servers" :feelsseriously:
But are there people here who are truly alone, with no one to talk, how do you deal with depression, are you able to enjoy your life at least a little? I feel I can't go on like this for long, this lifestyle multiplies chance of roping x10 times
I move to my own accord.

eventually you hit a phase the thought of being with someone becomes off putting, all your friends or co-workers will have stories about how wamen fucked them over and you'll feel happy knowing they never got their claws into you

i have acclimated to life of utter desolation.

Make your own friends tbh.

When does loneliness actually start?
Like I only talk to my parents (+sometimes sister) and my normie coworkers (about wagecucking things only), am I already lonely?

What do you think about the following statement:
You can cope without having a gf/relationships, but you can't cope without having any friend...

I wish I was completely alone

Depression crushes me

Try to learn to enjoy your own company. Try to think positively about spending time alone.

You know yourself better than anyone else. If you were hanging out with a friend, they wouldn't be able to understand your thoughts and desires as well as yourself.

You can go off and do your own thing in your own time. You don't need to worry about compromising your plans to suit friends.

These thoughts portray solitude in a more positive light, so you'd be better off trying to focus on them.

Is there a way to cope with loneliness? I see many kids nowadays consider themselves lonely and say shit like "i have only 2-3 friends IRL"
I have a couple friends nowadays, but until I hit the age of around 24 or so, I didn't have a single friend, and only the very rare, and short-lived, acquaintances. So I know what it's like to be friendless and completely alone for very long periods of time, as that's how I lived my entire childhood and early adult years. I started drinking to cope when I was old enough, but when I was younger, I would spend all my time on my video games or hiking in the woods, as an escape. Get lost in something, and force it if need be. I remember one easter break in grade school where I just played Mario Kart Double Dash by myself for almost a week straight; it wasn't a happy moment in my life, but it could've been worse: it could've been spent dwelling on my situation in life. It didn't make me feel any better to get lost in copes, but it made me put off the rope for all those years.

And then whenever you do get interaction with other people, such as forced interaction because you're in a group project together in school, or stuck doing something with a coworker, try to talk a bit, even if they don't really want to talk to you. Bad, awkward interactions will still feel better than no interactions when you lay alone at night thinking about the day. Make the most of every little bit of interaction you get, if you don't know when your next social interaction will happen.

Maybe also consider YouTube or Twitch. I got pretty hooked on watching streamers and YouTubers play games, because when they talk to their audience, it feels like they're talking to you. And I figured Twitch chat would help with socialization, too. Obviously, those are not good places to go to feel less lonely and get proper socialization, and the feeling of it helping with loneliness is probably placebo, but if you're desperate and you're not having social interactions of any kind otherwise, they can do in a pinch to at least get you by for the day. And whatever you do, don't subscribe or donate just to get a bit of attention from the streamer, as that won't end well. Lurking has always worked well enough for me when I felt backed into a corner.

I got used to it and have adapted to a lifestyle of isolation.

my depression will never stop