Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Dentist was amused by my subhumanity

swissincel

swissincel

Officer
★★
I was at the dentist recently because one of my wisdom teeth has become impacted. He then proceeded to tell me that my jaw didnt grow enough so there is no space for them. Asked him if there are any methods to create this necessary space and hoped he would talk about palate expanders or so, but he just smugly told me the only solution would be GH "which he wont give me cause of the law". Means next year I get my two lower wisdom teeth pulled. Anybody here done that and noticed an effect on facial aesthetics? I've read it can damage under eye support (which is already extremely weak on me) and makes the jaw even more narrow.

IceCutter said:
Does it really have to come out?

I recently made a similar thread on another website

One of the teeth already became infected once. Infection was removed and since then they are perfectly fine. I pretty much just said ok to the appointment because I plan to consult a jaw surgeon anyway and then Im gonna ask this question too. Pretty sure I can just cancel it if he tells me not to do it.

IceCutter said:
I recently made a similar thread on another website

Do you have a Devil Jin avatar on that website?

IceCutter said:
Yup

Sounds to me like it doesn't have to come out. Many wisdom are taken out unnecessarily apparently, for what reason I'm not sure. 

I was told at age 18 or something my wisdom tooth needed to come out. I didn't go back to dentist but powered through with meds, and then later with ibuprofen and mouthwash. Had all for wisdom teeth for the next 12 years.

The fact that they may become infected again is a lesser problem. But since they are impacted, and very close to the (second?) molars, there might be bone erosion. Or so he told me.
Are you 12 years older now or did you get them removed after 12 years?

IceCutter said:
I'm 12 years older now. I had one of them removed literally couple of weeks ago, after 1/2 the tooth literally decayed and broke off.

And even then I was annoyed that I had not done more to try and save the tooth (cap or some shit), felt like part of my soul was ripped away as dentist yanked the tooth from my jaw.

Sounds pretty nasty. But I hope the surgeon knows something about this and can recommend me some methods which actually address the problem of my small jaw, and not just treat the symptoms of it.