Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Definition of hypergamy on this forum

Erny

Erny

Germancel | 30 y.o. wizard
★★★
This thread actually only serves to clarify open questions for me regarding the differences between the actual definition of hypergamy and the use of this term here in the forum.
As I am from Germany, English is not my mother tongue. Especially after my registration here I had big problems with the use of neologisms and abbreviations here in the forum.
I have tried to learn these meanings from context to better understand the intention of the author of posts in threads.
But I still have difficulties with the term hypergamy. The word is actually meant to explain that women marry into higher social classes. But in many threads where this term is used, this definition does not fit. At first I thought that it meant the changing sexual partners of women, that would also fit the context well. However, the term for this is promiscuity. So I hope some of you could help me to understand the usage and contextual definition of this term.
Also, please excuse my lack of knowledge regarding some terms used in this forum.

Can you link some examples of said threads where it's used?

nigga wants help with english but said shit like neologisms lol ok

On this forum it's basically females being extremely selective about males, and exhibiting behavior than indicates that nothing other than good genetics or extreme amounts of wealth matter.