Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Dealing with anxieties

• Thread starter JustBeYourself4HEad
  • Start date
JustBeYourself4HEad

JustBeYourself4HEad

Greycel
I tried to overcome my social anxiety by putting myself into very uncomfortable situations: moving out of my parents house, sharing a flat, gymcelling, applying for an internship, going to parties etc. I have heard all the time that by exposing yourself to these situations, you will get used to it and decrease anxiety. This is not the case at all for me. The more I try socializing, the more symptoms my body spits out. I get panic attacks several times a day, which makes it almost impossible to do anyting effectively. Recently, they started happening at night and since you cannot control them while sleeping, they cause severe fear of death not letting me go to sleep again for hours. I cannot drink any alcohol or energy drinks anymore, since it amplifies the attack's intensity a lot.
Before doing all of that, I just sat in my room playing video games or watching streams all day. It felt ten times better than exposing myself to all of that shit.
I do not know what to do anymore. Sometimes I hope that my heart just stops beating during a panic attack. I have no friends, no plans for the future, no ambitions, no hobbies... I already accepted the fact that I will never get a gf but that doesn't make it any better.

Has anybody of you who is/was in a similar situation found anything that helped you besides therapy and medicine?

I tried to overcome my social anxiety by putting myself into very uncomfortable situations: moving out of my parents house, sharing a flat, gymcelling, applying for an internship, going to parties etc. I have heard all the time that by exposing yourself to these situations, you will get used to it and decrease anxiety. This is not the case at all for me. The more I try socializing, the more symptoms my body spits out. I get panic attacks several times a day, which makes it almost impossible to do anyting effectively. Recently, they started happening at night and since you cannot control them while sleeping, they cause severe fear of death not letting me go to sleep again for hours. I cannot drink any alcohol or energy drinks anymore, since it amplifies the attack's intensity a lot.
Before doing all of that, I just sat in my room playing video games or watching streams all day. It felt ten times better than exposing myself to all of that shit.
I do not know what to do anymore. Sometimes I hope that my heart just stops beating during a panic attack. I have no friends, no plans for the future, no ambitions, no hobbies... I already accepted the fact that I will never get a gf but that doesn't make it any better.

Has anybody of you who is/was in a similar situation found anything that helped you besides therapy and medicine?
Just want to point out that you're asking if anything besides the two things that are supposed to help the most, aren't How You want to fix the problem. Use meds. They literally fix the chemical imbalance in your head

no...
I simply avoid leaving the house during the day.
I didn't try meds because i fear addiction.

I'm honestly feeling the same way, but it was far worse when i got into college. I'm always really anxious or feeling totally alienated.

Tbh that's the only way to get rid of it.
That is the reason why is started getting panic attacks though. My social skills have not gotten better either.