Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Controlling parents

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
I've probably started threads about this before, heh

But wow...

My dad...

It's like I'm never going to be free!! He just takes over everything and it's done kind of subtly so it's hard to call him out on it.

I think what's going to happen very, very soon is I'm just going to snap and take back control of everything in one fell swoop.

I just don't want to hurt his feelings, basically. By doing things in my own way and distancing myself a bit. But he bosses me around so much and eventually I'm going to snap. I think I'm at that breaking point already tbh.

Probably I will just grab back control of my life now and then if he doesn't like that too bad. I can't be some bossed around child forever.

OK rant over. lol

I just don't know if anyone else can relate to this. I'm sure some can!

I've probably started threads about this before, heh

But wow...

My dad...

It's like I'm never going to be free!! He just takes over everything and it's done kind of subtly so it's hard to call him out on it.

I think what's going to happen very, very soon is I'm just going to snap and take back control of everything in one fell swoop.

I just don't want to hurt his feelings, basically. By doing things in my own way and distancing myself a bit. But he bosses me around so much and eventually I'm going to snap. I think I'm at that breaking point already tbh.

Probably I will just grab back control of my life now and then if he doesn't like that too bad. I can't be some bossed around child forever.

OK rant over. lol

I just don't know if anyone else can relate to this. I'm sure some can!
Both of my parents are controlling, double whammy.

make him realise you'll leave him alone on his deathbead if he doesn't change his ways

Act like he does. Take control of the household subtly. Do the same tasks he does before he does them. Make him feel useless, powerless. Like he has no control anymore.

Huh. I literally can't ask him flat-out if it's bad to want space to do things myself without him saying "yes it's bad".

Obviously I'm kind of simplifying the exchange a bit there but it's pretty close to that.

It's very strange. And he then makes out I'm behaving badly, lol. I'm an adult! So odd.

These parents who want to invade and control your life, infantilise you, keep you dependent.

I don't think they always realise how much they do it, but I see it covered a lot online and on TV.