Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting construction workers are mentally deficient (guy at work wants me to risk death)

Indari

Indari

ovencel
★★★★★
on wednesday me and the guy i work under take the core drill to this manhole and we have to drill like 12 holes in it. he is telling me i have to listen to him closely or im dead because there's live high voltage wires on the other side and if I drill through and don't stop myself from hitting them and puncturing the insulation im dead. I didn't end up actually drilling for long because that shit is heavy and I can't hold it for longer than 30 seconds and the manhole wall is 8 inches thick. I'm incredulous at this bullshit and point out how obviously dangerous that shit is and shouldn't we have some better precaution and he's just calling me a pussy. I ask him what the safety guy would say and he calls the safety guy a pussy. I ask him what the foreman would say and he says that the foreman assigned this task to him because he trusts him. I suggest fastening some plywood to the other side so there's something else stopping whoever's drilling from DYING other than themselves and spotter but he declines. construction workers are mentally deficient.

j-just work a blue collar job br0!

better than being neet and having nothing

most neets probably live a life wealthier than bluecollarcels because they need to have money (from parents etc) to sustain that lifestyle in the first place

brutal actually

j-just work a blue collar job br0!
when those /pol/ types say "learn a trade" they mean become technicians not construction workers lmao. "i'm an electrician and I make 200K i love my job I would hate being cooped up in an office *cracks coors light*"

blue pill cope.

most neets probably live a life wealthier than bluecollarcels because they need to have money (from parents etc) to sustain that lifestyle in the first place

brutal actually
ya

when those /pol/ types say "learn a trade" they mean become technicians not construction workers lmao. "i'm an electrician and I make 200K i love my job I would hate being cooped up in an office *cracks coors light*"

blue pill cope.

what

what more did you expect from alcoholics who more than likely dropped out of school?

Construction is cool. It's a lot better than retail.

i did construction for a few years, most guys could not seem to give a fuck about what long term damage they do to themselves

using a circular saw with no hearing protection
working with no shirt on in summer
wearing no eye protection while using a nail gun
wearing no steel cap boots
etc
etc
etc

I wore knee pads and asked one guy why he didn't and he said "kneepads are for pussies", I was like ok enjoy your fucked up knees in a few decades, jfl

I was probably the only guy that wore full PPE, hat/glass etc. Cause construction is basically all sub-contracting there is no one to enforce anything. I'm not affected by the trying to be a hardass mentality that plagues most males I just laugh it off.

i did construction for a few years, most guys could not seem to give a fuck about what long term damage they do to themselves

using a circular saw with no hearing protection
working with no shirt on in summer
wearing no eye protection while using a nail gun
wearing no steel cap boots
etc
etc
etc

I wore knee pads and asked one guy why he didn't and he said "kneepads are for pussies", I was like ok enjoy your fucked up knees in a few decades, jfl

I was probably the only guy that wore full PPE, hat/glass etc. Cause construction is basically all sub-contracting there is no one to enforce anything. I'm not affected by the trying to be a hardass mentality that that plagues most males I just laugh it off.
sounds exactly like the guys at my work but worse. they are all union though

what made you choose construction?

what made you choose construction?
trades seemed like the best option available that didn't require a degree since I have no motivation for uni and electrician seemed like the best one overall considering pay and conditions.

better retard than high IQ

HAIL ST. POL POT

I mean most construction workers I met barely passed high school or dropped out. Bunch of retards breaking their back for just a bit more than minimum wage and still think its some good job kek.

Choosing a specialized field was a good choice for you imo, better chance of career mobility.

I mean most construction workers I met barely passed high school or dropped out. Bunch of retards breaking their back for just a bit more than minimum wage and still think its some good job kek.

Choosing a specialized field was a good choice for you imo, better chance of career mobility.
dafuk u talking about? trades make good money

trades make good money
Yeah they do.

Construction doesn't tho unless you are buddies with contractors or something. Otherwise your just doing rigorous work for just a bit more than min wage. I rather work some easy min wage job than working construction for just 16-20 dollars. kek enjoy ruining your health for a few dollars more.

Yeah they do.

Construction doesn't tho unless you are buddies with contractors or something. Otherwise your just doing rigorous work for just a bit more than min wage. I rather work some easy min wage job than working construction for just 16-20 dollars. kek enjoy ruining your health for a few dollars more.
trades are construction though and not all ruin your health

trades are construction though
yeah but its the only one that is ass
not all ruin your health
Thats why I said you made a good decision in choosing a more specialized job in electricity. Electricians and even plumbers have it way easier than construction workers.

Incel working in a notorious alpha male blue color environment JFL no wonder you are mentally instable.

If you're in the US don't forget about OSHA, "lock out tag out", safety trainings, and all the other occupational safety stuff. If you're in a blatantly unsafe situation document everything and get your boss/safety guy over as soon as you can. If they don't resolve the issue escalate. It's your life on the line boyo!

I used to work at a manual labor job (not construction but kinda similar) and I was a stickler for that. This is one case where "the law" is really on your side trying to help you. I really enjoyed getting to fuck off watching training videos and getting trained to do random tasks, it was one of the few good parts of the job.