Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Consciousness

Deathfire

Deathfire

TwistedJudgementDeathbringerDarknessSlaughterhouse
-
What do you guys think consciousness is? What do you think causes it? Do you think intelligence has any correlation with consciousness - meaning, do you think when robots get smart enough will they eventually 'wake up', or are they separate things.

I think they are separate things.

Conciousness is the ability to think and interact with your environment in an inquisitive way imo.

I belive eventually AI will have it's own form of conciousness.

do you think when robots get smart enough will they eventually 'wake up', or are they separate things.
>tfw no robot gf

I don't think robots can be conscious, I believe they can only emulate consciousness.

@neet Well animals can do that but they aren't conscious. Watch any Raven videos.

And by own form what do you mean. More precisely I don't get the use of the word 'form' talking about consciousness. Like is it an energy? And by energy I don't mean matter related energy but I can't think of another word to convey my thoughts.
@builderseed yes i agree with this, but I would like to know what is the instance that makes it happen. It bugs me that I can't decide what I'm going to think next

@neet Well animals can do that but they aren't conscious. Watch any Raven videos.

And by own form what do you mean. More precisely I don't get the use of the word 'form' talking about consciousness. Like is it an energy? And by energy I don't mean matter related energy but I can't think of another word to convey my thoughts.
yeah @neet get your ass over here

Consciousness is a material phenomenon, like everything in the universe.

ok so is it the brain thats the thing thats special then or is the brain just where consciousness decided to sit down

It's ine of the biggest questions in neuroscience and there is no definitive answer yet. An AI would most likely have a different way of perceiving reality since it is not a biological lifeform

It's something that gives one the ability to subjectively experience the world, from a unique perspective.