Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Condensing concepts into a couple paragraphs is generally better than writing novels

• Thread starter Deleted member 18193
  • Start date
Deleted member 18193

Deleted member 18193

incel on incels.is
-
Most longer posts on Inceldom Discussion pertaining to concepts most users here are vaguely aware of generally don't need to be verbose and 25 paragraphs long to be able to explain a water is h2o concept. Note I do use the word generally in a very modest sense, as there are some posts that have the merit of providing a very good understanding to readers.

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that posts with more written content usually have the purpose of explaining more to gain deeper insight, but usually people on here will already be aware of examples relating the concept to the real world.

The reason I say we can bear with shorter, more abstract posts is because of the fact that there is a lesser probability of misunderstanding due to the fact that we generally all understand where other users are coming from since we all share a similar experience.
But overall, if I wanted users to read more of my posts and thus have more users participate in discussion, I'd try to keep the word count at a minimum, not a maximum.

On top of that, most long posts go into context that could have been added by linking articles that explain the idea or event.

yeah, I was one of the six finalists for an essay/public speaking competition at my school. generally when you're writing an essay or persuasive material in general, longer is not better. your goal is to illustrate your point as clearly and concisely as possible. if you can do that in a couple paragraphs that is ideal. stretching it out or overly elaborating on simple points ultimately just makes it less effective

this is the main thing I noticed about MENSA_IQ's posts tbh. writing an entire epic for every basic concept is a sign of bad persuasive writing. you shouldn't need to use thirty paragraphs to be able to express a convincing argument

I always sum things up in a few paragraphs at best. Others would write pointlessly long textwalls to explain the same thing.

Tldr you should get straight to the point when making a thread and not make a damn essay just to seem like u know more or something