Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting comparing myself to my normie friend (text wall incoming)

jet112

jet112

Incelmatics
★★
i have this russian friend and we are really close, been friends since 9th grade (wer'e both 28 rn).
he is a go-getter, he won't let failure stand in his way, and unlike me- he got a positive mindset even when shit gets bad.
i have a bad mindset, every little failure makes me want to die, so ill give him credit where its due.

he spent the last 3 years acquiring certs and he almost finished his diploma. however, he is a serious,serous debt.
im not gonna roll in numbers here, but its around 50-100k$ in debt. (rough estimation).
looking at his mindset, i can tell that this debt thing is not an issue for him (he keeps saying he'll get out of that debt). he used to be a heavy drinker because of that.
its been 3-4 years now and hes still in debt. and hes not closing the gap fast enough.

so with all of that go-getter mentality of his, is he really where he wants to be in life? he is spending enormous amounts of money on shit that he doesn't need (fancy leased car,gadgets and toys,new clothes etc).
he is not willing to admit that he made a mistake by starting a business, and that's whats upsetting. - just admit that you are shit at making money and confess it, be honest with yourself.

me on the other hand? i don't take many risks, but when i do they are very calculated- i write down most expanses like a jewish shop-owner, but it helps.

Last edited:
Your approach is the better one imo. But never be afraid to reach out and grab opportunity tbhtbh.

Your approach is the better one imo. But never be afraid to reach out and grab opportunity tbhtbh.
yeah i need to be more assertive. but i think there is a lesson to be learned from both of our situations.

yeah i need to be more assertive. but i think there is a lesson to be learned from both of our situations.
Maybe there is a nice middlepoint that can be reached.

He just too narstictic to admit he made a mistake and keep coping