Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over Code monkeys realize it is ovER

GmeOvr

GmeOvr

Major
★★
Screenshot 2024 09 06 at 100403 in the morning
Screenshot 2024 09 06 at 100335 in the morning

Screenshot 2024 09 06 at 100426 in the morning

It is ovER for us code monkey cels.
Programming was the most incel job, and now it will be gone..
Because of AI @Incline will nevER be able to make his dream of moving to the Philippines and coding online become a reality.

Math is the most incel thing.

I don't see AI doing much to replace all programmers. Not for a long time anyway. AI seems to be alright for boilerplate and generic stuff from what i've seen but that's about it.

I see it being used as a tool much in the same way all the features of a modern IDE are used to generate code for you.

Curryland must be concerned then

I don't see AI doing much to replace all programmers. Not for a long time anyway. AI seems to be alright for boilerplate and generic stuff from what i've seen but that's about it.
AI makes coding at least twice or even 3 times faster for me. It doesn't replace a developer yet...
But if every coder adopts it and starts outputting twice as much code then half of the code monkey jobs are at risk, and we are only getting started!

AI makes coding at least twice or even 3 times faster for me. It doesn't replace a developer yet...
But if every coder adopts it and starts outputting twice as much code then half of the code monkey jobs are at risk, and we are only getting started!
Just means people need to get good at prompting too. As applications get bigger, they'll need that 3x increase anyway. So having the same amount of devs to keep the output going makes sense. Not all code can rely on models to output though. Over reliance on trained data that trains on its own data will just lead to shit outcomes and monotonous seeming applications across the board

They imported too many Indians. This is to be expected

I see it being used as a tool much in the same way all the features of a modern IDE are used to generate code for you.
Google fired their entire python team (about 1000 programmers) this year. As you probably know, the language is used primarily in data and AI programming, and with Google being data hogs and at the forefront of AI research that move is quite telling. The true reasons might not be directly tied to automated programming and more to do with cheap labor, but it may suggest that they're making strong headway into that area that they can just drop so much of their programming labor force.

Google fired their entire python team (about 1000 programmers) this year. As you probably know, the language is used primarily in data and AI programming, and with Google being data hogs and at the forefront of AI research that move is quite telling. The true reasons might not be directly tied to automated programming and more to do with cheap labor, but it may suggest that they're making strong headway into that area that they can just drop so much of their programming labor force.
Over It Abandon Thread GIF

GWvAIU8WEAAVPkJ

Soon it will be no GF and no job too for us I guess :feelsrope:

I'm thinking of getting into helpdesk wagery coming from blue collar trade, seems to be lot of junior positions where I live and second line pays quite well as far as I hear, I have almost all the certs of a network tech except two courses, do you think this is a smart choice in the current job market and IT?

View attachment 1252604View attachment 1252603
View attachment 1252605

It is ovER for us code monkey cels.
Programming was the most incel job, and now it will be gone..
Because of AI @Incline will nevER be able to make his dream of moving to the Philippines and coding online become a reality.
yeah its over

that is why Im pivoting away from coding

but still you can use the AI to your advantage to spam garbage brainrot content that normies love consuming just have to tune it right.

Right now to use AI in programming you must know how to program anyway you cant jus paste ur entire codebase and tell it to do something, but when they expand the memory of the AI models it will change a lot but still there are a lot of problems that still have to be fine-tuned by people who at least understand programming at some basic level so its not like they can get rid of the programmers but they can reduce their numbers because AI will be a force multiplier.

But this is not all gloom n doom because now if you know how to program you can use AI and do a lot more stuff by yourself so maybe you can be solo developer know if you got some initiative. I will try this strat when I go to philiphinnes I will try make some meme IOS/Android apps and see if I can make money with them somehow with ads or some shit idk.

Everyone knows it's over, except for some screams of cope by devs here and there, if this is the kind of AI they allow you to use, they one they have probably can shit out entire files of code, maybe bad but your average code monkey isn't some code guru either plus it's much faster, it only takes a small team of devs to sew and test it together perhaps

Right now to use AI in programming you must know how to program anyway you cant jus paste ur entire codebase and tell it to do something, but when they expand the memory of the AI models it will change a lot but still there are a lot of problems that still have to be fine-tuned by people who at least understand programming at some basic level so its not like they can get rid of the programmers but they can reduce their numbers because AI will be a force multiplier.

But this is not all gloom n doom because now if you know how to program you can use AI and do a lot more stuff by yourself so maybe you can be solo developer know if you got some initiative. I will try this strat when I go to philiphinnes I will try make some meme IOS/Android apps and see if I can make money with them somehow with ads or some shit idk.
Claude has a 200k Token context, that's already enough for medium size projects.
It is integrated into Cursor AI.
It is ovER for us indeed.
This brocel puts it how it is

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcpZjrwhg_Q

Anyone beginning coding from zero today will get locked out of jobs because of AI and the rising produtivity standards of coders. Outsourcing also play a part. The days of "learn to code and get a job" are over now is gigatalent only.
I just accepted is over for me.

Over for filthy pajeets, now they've to literally shit on the streets cos they'll be homeless anyway

@wereq pajeet apocalypse incoming

:feelskek: true, those Currycels took our jobs now they'll be at our mercy begging on the streets soon :feelshmm:
Now they'll come to US through Mexico, only curries don't use that route, even chinese use it more, now they'll if IT dies out and this thing will only increase immigration to US, ex-tech curry corner shops in spic dominated barrios will be the future, curry normies can be very risk taking if money is involved

Jf they pulled a twitter. Tbh pythons a piss easy and quick to type language so I guess it doesnt need a whole lot of people on it

Now they'll come to US through Mexico, only curries don't use that route, even chinese use it more, now they'll if IT dies out and this thing will only increase immigration to US, ex-tech curry corner shops in spic dominated barrios will be the future, curry normies can be very risk taking if money is involved
Currycels are as persistent to survive as roaches, and both are a equal nuisance to society.