Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious CMV: the ideal society is a genderblind one

Atavistic Autist

Atavistic Autist

Intersectional autistic supremacy
★★★★★
Genderblindness is defined as "the belief that a person's gender should not influence their legal or social treatment in society." Gender is something that is rather abstract, changing definitions and having grey areas between genders. When Government defines gender, it is forced to draw hard lines between genders, resulting in unequal treatment. For example, as part of the American Great Society, aid was given to single mothers. However, aid was only given to single mothers who were "female." Had the government not viewed gender as a factor, and instead provided aid based on a less essentialist definition of gender, the aid would have gone to those who truly needed it most.

I argue that we do not need to see gender in government. Gender is so unimportant to who we are as people, and knowing someone's gender will tell you absolutely nothing about that person. We are all people, plain and simple. I would like to share a quote from arguably the most influential person with regards to gender and civil rights, Gloria Steinem. "Let us be dissatisfied until that day when nobody will shout 'Male Power!' — when nobody will shout 'Female Power!' — but everybody will talk about the state's power and collective power."

Government does not need to know someone's gender to deal justice. It does not need to know someone's gender to provide legal services. It does not need to know, period, because we are all equals.

I understand that genderblindness is seen today as sexist itself, and a very backward way of thinking. How? How can true unaltered equality be sexist?

Last edited:
Genderblindness is defined as "the belief that a person's gender should not influence their legal or social treatment in society." Gender is something that is rather abstract, changing definitions and having grey areas between genders. When Government defines gender, it is forced to draw hard lines between genders, resulting in unequal treatment. For example, as part of the American Great Society, aid was given to single mothers. However, aid was only given to single mothers who were female. Had the government not viewed gender as a factor, and instead provided aid based on a less essentialist definition of gender, the aid would have gone to those who truly needed it most.

I argue that we do not need to see gender in government. Gender is so unimportant to who we are as people, and knowing someone's gender will tell you absolutely nothing about that person. We are all people, plain and simple. I would like to share a quote from arguably the most influential person with regards to gender and civil rights, Gloria Steinem. "Let us be dissatisfied until that day when nobody will shout 'Male Power!' — when nobody will shout 'Female Power!' — but everybody will talk about God's power and human power."

Government does not need to know someone's gender to deal justice. It does not need to know someone's gender to provide legal services. It does not need to know, period, because we are all equals.

I understand that genderblindness is seen today as sexist itself, and a very backward way of thinking. How? How can true unaltered equality be sexist?

Attachments

• 5042 - SoyBooru.gif
    5042 - SoyBooru.gif
    152.9 KB · Views: 4
High IQ take but it will never be achieved.

look at lgbtroons.

whore who cut her tits thinks now shes a man.

And a low iq mongrel who replaced his dick with an axe wound thinks hes a woman.

Gender is still a very well established thing even in those binary and non binary mentally ill people.

take a look at r/transpassing. If they really believed gender is a social construct and it didnt matter then why are you trying so hard to look like the other gender and ask random people if you "pass" when deep down you know you will never pass.

Gender matters and it always will. Why? Because we cant achieve this enlightment you just said in the courts and law systems.

In the sea of stupid people, smart people suffer.