Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Castlevania Collections and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon.

B33troot

B33troot

Officer
★★★★★
Growing up, Castlevania games were among my favorites.

I picked up the following in the last couple of months.

1. Anniversary collection: has all the "classic" games for the NES, Gameboy and one of the SNES games.

Finished all games except Castlevania 2, which is really confusing. It felt good to revisit these games from my childhood and finally beat them, something I could never do as a kid.

2. Advance Collection: has the 3 "metroidlike" games released for the Gameboy Advance + Dracula X for the SNES.

Finished all these games too. The 3 metroidlike games were a mixed bag. "Circle of the moon" had excellent item system and map but retarded controls and bad boss design. "Harmony of Dissonance" had good controls but a confusing map. "Aria of Sorrow" was good overall and my favorite. Dracula X was just a linear "classic" game and had nostalgic value to me.

I used saved states for both collections because I'm old and I don't have the time to replay games until I get good at them. But I did end up mastering Castlevania 1 though.

3. Bloodstained: Curse of the moon 1 & 2

These were excellent games, like old school Castlevania games but a thousand times more refined. In fact, many elements are right out of Castlevania. I wonder how they got away with it.

I'll soon be buying the Castlevania: Dominus Collection which was released quite recently and contains the Castlevania games for the Nintendo DS. I've never played any of them but they definitely look like something I'd enjoy.

I'm hopeful that "Symphony of the Night" becomes available on Steam in the near future. I really need to play that as it pretty much set the template for the new Castlevania games.

Last edited:
The classicvanias (pre-SotN) are the best imho