Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Castlevania 4

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

The only good women are the dead ones
★★★★★
I couldn't get into Castlevania 1 because I found it a bit too tedious and stiff so I moved on to 4. I'm glad I decided to play it. Excellent controls, great music and difficulty that's challenging but fair. Honestly this might be one of my favorite SNES games. I'm surprised by how creative and well designed the levels are. I'm on level 3 currently. My only issue is enemies knocking you back.

I have played only Castlevania 1 and hated it. Absolutely dreadful game full of cheap enemies that have super speed and instantly hits you out of nowhere, controls also feel pretty stiff and unresponsive, hitboxes are weird and always punishing you i give up on that vampire boss since i had only 1hp and couldn't heal. Endless respawning of enemies is the worst part of the game along with limiting recovery items to the absolutely minimum.

Just started playing 2 it was even worse than 1 at least lookswise but it's even more annoying with jumping enemies that throw shit at you yeah skip, 3rd game is easier than 1 killed boss first try i guess i will check fourth game. So far not impressed with this series.

I have played only Castlevania 1 and hated it. Absolutely dreadful game full of cheap enemies that have super speed and instantly hits you out of nowhere, controls also feel pretty stiff and unresponsive, hitboxes are weird and always punishing you i give up on that vampire boss since i had only 1hp and couldn't heal. Endless respawning of enemies is the worst part of the game along with limiting recovery items to the absolutely minimum.
They get better with the 4th game. No respawning enemies and refined controls. More interesting levels gimmicks. I'm in the same boat as you. I didn't enjoy the first game from what I played of it.

They get better with the 4th game. No respawning enemies and refined controls. More interesting levels gimmicks. I'm in the same boat as you. I didn't enjoy the first game from what I played of it.
3rd game after first level become as insufferable as first 2 games so skip. Constant respawning of flying medusas 0/10 would not play it again :feelsUgh: time to try 4th game

3rd game after first level become as insufferable as first 2 games so skip. Constant respawning of flying medusas 0/10 would not play it again :feelsUgh: time to try 4th game
If you don't like the 4th try super ghosts and goblins. It fixes everything you complained about

Damn from first second you feel like game is of much higher quality, that art, that audio, those animations. But hearts should be red instead of gold :dab:

Lovely game.

Beat it a few months ago along with a bunch of other Castlevania games.

Excellent game but i like the OG NES game too.

I hate that stone throwing asshole boss. Killed him two times and died too at the same time :feelsree: :feelsree: :feelsree: :feelsree:

Excellent game but i like the OG NES game too.
To each his own. I'll give it another shot eventually

I hate that stone throwing asshole boss. Killed him two times and died too at the same time :feelsree: :feelsree: :feelsree: :feelsree:
Haven't gotten that far yet. So far with the bosses the best strategy is to save up and build up items to use. I've noticed that works exceptionally well.

Haven't gotten that far yet. So far with the bosses the best strategy is to save up and build up items to use. I've noticed that works exceptionally well.
Got to the 6-3 level and game become pretty cancer with mobs like haunted tables hitting you instantly and having too much hp. It was cancer till i found throwing axe now it's easy :dab:

Game 2024 10 02 14 44 37
I was pretty impressed by that level they created cool 3d depth.

Got to the 6-3 level and game become pretty cancer with mobs like haunted tables hitting you instantly and having too much hp. It was cancer till i found throwing axe now it's easy :dab:

View attachment 1281865I was pretty impressed by that level they created cool 3d depth.
Please no spoilers. I'm only on level 3 currently because I'm not good at video games

Btw you said enemies doesn't respawn while it was true for early levels later levels have constant respawning however mostly only when turning back not just standing there so at least it's an improvement.

Btw you said enemies doesn't respawn while it was true for early levels later levels have constant respawning however mostly only when turning back not just standing there so at least it's an improvement.
It's probably from technical inexperience with the SNES. A lot of early SNES games suffer from it. Including ones developed by Nintendo such as Mario World.