Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Can you memorize a sequence of 8 numbers? Can you do it multiple times in a row successfully? How do you memorize? Do you visualize?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Take the test here https://www.memorylosstest.com/free-working-memory-tests-online/

I was having a lot of trouble, I can't visualize the numbers fast enough and I can't remember them visually. But have a better success rate if I actually pronounce the sequence of numbers in my mind and repeat them really fast. The problem is that I forget the sequence as soon as I introduce it.

I'm interested in this: can you visualize the numbers and introduce them back, or do you have to say actually pronounce the sequence of numbers in your mind like I do?

Actually it's kinda weird, I can do it pretty often if I keep saying the numbers and actually repeat the sequence to myself, I keep repeating the first 4 numbers cause otherwise I forget them, and the last 4 numbers are in another group that I repeat, and I have to introduce it quickly cause I forget super fast.

Last edited:
I split them into 2 and memorize them as years like 95, 74 etc etc

I split them into 2 and memorize them as years like 95, 74 etc etc
I do the same thing, if the digit sequence is too long I just divide it up and it makes it way easier to remember. Phone numbers naturally have that already with 3 different sequences like 555-555-5555 and I think that really makes it easier to remember

No, my short term memory is crap. I won't even take the test lest I get depressed about it.

I am good at this
You basically create a story with numbers as objects
For example you can visualise your room and each number depicting an object it's easier that way
Although I have to say i have never memorized strings of numbers

I am good at this
You basically create a story with numbers as objects
For example you can visualise your room and each number depicting an object it's easier that way
Although I have to say i have never memorized strings of numbers
I've heard of the memory palace, never really worked for me. But with numbers it's much harder, especially if you have to memorize them quickly, you don't have time to give them stories.

I've heard of the memory palace, never really worked for me. But with numbers it's much harder, especially if you have to memorize them quickly, you don't have time to give them stories.
Why do you want to memorize numbers? It's pointless if you ask me

Why do you want to memorize numbers? It's pointless if you ask me
It's not that I want to memorize numbers, it's that it represents one of my biggest weaknesses. For the past few years, after I stopped being an alcoholic, I've had a crippling fear that I lost a lot of brain cells and maybe during one of my many blackouts I might've even suffered some brain damage. And this task perfectly represents how difficult it is for me to do some things that would've been easier for me in the past.

It's not that I want to memorize numbers, it's that it represents one of my biggest weaknesses. For the past few years, after I stopped being an alcoholic, I've had a crippling fear that I lost a lot of brain cells and maybe during one of my many blackouts I might've even suffered some brain damage. And this task perfectly represents how difficult it is for me to do some things that would've been easier for me in the past.
Read this book instead

Images 13

Such a master piece. Every single person should read this book.

That was easy. In my local language there is a separate word for each number upto 99. So I just remembered 4 numbers.

of course I cant

Use the major system
iu