Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Can you be smart and not good at anything at the same time?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
This has been really fucking with my self-image.

People always thought I'm smart. Hell, usually I think I'm smart, though sometimes I also think I'm stupid. But that's really cause there's nothing else positive to think about me. If I don't think of myself as smart, I'm literally just a fat balding virgin recovering alcoholic still living with his parents.

For some reason there's this elitism in the back of my mind where I actually think I'm smarter than most people. And I guess I am a bit wise at times and I did get really good grades back in uni without trying. But that's mostly cause I always picked the path of least resistance, picked the easiest major and stuff like that.

Because I'm so lazy I literally have spent 100% of my free time in bed with my laptop since I was a child, I'm not good at anything though. Literally can't do shit. Can I really call myself smart if I can't do shit?

Last edited:
that sounds like me, i got good (not great) grades without doing anything, but i lack motivation to get good at one particular thing.

however my grades now are beginning to decline.

you're smart, you just have no drive. try challenging yourself with some sort of project

you're smart, you just have no drive. try challenging yourself with some sort of project
A big part of my problem is that I think everything is pointless. Or if I do somehow manage to muster a tiny little sliver of motivation, once I start I get really bored a minutes in and I just give up. I don't know why, it's pathological. I am not kidding when I say that since I was a child I have literally wasted my life, not doing anything except play video games, read books and watch sitcoms. Tired of all of those things now and yet I still do them. I literally spend all of my free time (when not wageslaving) in bed with my laptop, if I don't I get very bored and a bit anxious. Damn, I really fucked my life up.

Test your IQ. If it is >= 115 I guess you could say you're smart.

You might be naturally quick on your feet but you're supposed to build crystalized intelligence with that, because that's mostly what has value in this world.

A big part of my problem is that I think everything is pointless. Or if I do somehow manage to muster a tiny little sliver of motivation, once I start I get really bored a minutes in and I just give up. I don't know why, it's pathological. I am not kidding when I say that since I was a child I have literally wasted my life, not doing anything except play video games, read books and watch sitcoms. Tired of all of those things now and yet I still do them. I literally spend all of my free time (when not wageslaving) in bed with my laptop, if I don't I get major anxiety. Damn, I really fucked my life up.
I have the exact same problem, almost everything that doesn't involve my body's physical maintenance feels pointless, and I have no idea how to change. I LDAR on my computer all day, same thing I've done with all my free time since I was a preteen.

The lack of purpose hits smart people even harder than people who aren't, I was in a group where people were encouraged to take verified IQ tests, and you'd be surprised how some of the people with the highest IQs were doing nothing but rotting basically. In this day an age it almost seems like people with too high of an IQ are punished and cursed.

Who's running companies for example, what is their average IQ? It's usually between 110-120 on the generous end, with rare exceptions going into the 130s, meanwhile most men with 130+ IQ are rotting, I would ask why people who are in the most powerful positions aren't geniuses, or people with merit, it's the same shit in the academic fields, you see in the early 1900s at the peak of science before these industries and institutions got corrupted, especially after the devastation of the good guys losing WW2, they actually went out and sought people out who had high IQs and trained them and honed their ability, rewarded them, gave them status, made it possible for them to get a wife, to have a purpose.

What do these men have now? Fall in line with a corrupt marxist system with no purpose to live, or rot.

A big part of my problem is that I think everything is pointless. Or if I do somehow manage to muster a tiny little sliver of motivation, once I start I get really bored a minutes in and I just give up. I don't know why, it's pathological. I am not kidding when I say that since I was a child I have literally wasted my life, not doing anything except play video games, read books and watch sitcoms. Tired of all of those things now and yet I still do them. I literally spend all of my free time (when not wageslaving) in bed with my laptop, if I don't I get very bored and a bit anxious. Damn, I really fucked my life up.

I'm in a very similar boat. I struggle a lot to motivate myself. when you get that little sliver of motivation, start something. don't pressure yourself to finish. then maybe the next time you get that spark of motivation you can work on it again

Hmm, maybe, OP. I’m globally bad but people maybe you just lack the fire and desire.

This world gives a lot of demotivation for doing something. Seeing how young cute girls running after dumb fuckboys

Low iq and ugly is one hell of a shit combo.

most things are pointless even if you are a talented genius you will probably not succeed thanks to (((them))) making sure incels cant make any money or rise in status

It's possible that you are intelligent but are physically weak
people with too high of an IQ are punished and cursed.

Who's running companies for example, what is their average IQ? It's usually between 110-120 on the generous end, with rare exceptions going into the 130s, meanwhile most men with 130+ IQ are rotting
The elites want you to be smart enough to work, but not smart enough to question the system.

Most people think that they're smarter than they are. You don't seem stupid, probably average or a bit above average.

i just have no talents but at least im not dumb enough to be brainwashed by this shit society

Shit genes come in packages. It's over

Just be lazy as fuck theory.

I am. I have a high IQ and always got good grades, but I have no talents. Nothing musical, nothing artistic, definitely nothing athletic.

This has been really fucking with my self-image.

People always thought I'm smart. Hell, usually I think I'm smart, though sometimes I also think I'm stupid. But that's really cause there's nothing else positive to think about me. If I don't think of myself as smart, I'm literally just a fat balding virgin recovering alcoholic still living with his parents.

For some reason there's this elitism in the back of my mind where I actually think I'm smarter than most people. And I guess I am a bit wise at times and I did get really good grades back in uni without trying. But that's mostly cause I always picked the path of least resistance, picked the easiest major and stuff like that.

Because I'm so lazy I literally have spent 100% of my free time in bed with my laptop since I was a child, I'm not good at anything though. Literally can't do shit. Can I really call myself smart if I can't do shit?
No. Sad but no.

Because you have no drive and your reward system is destroyed. Too many of us are wasting our time on the internet, fapping, laying down, watching TV, and not doing shit or anything productive. This is not how humans were meant to live.

Yes, it's primarily a lack of purpose. Most of us have that.

I feel like I'm in an extremely similar boat as you.