Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Can VR visual novel development become a cope?

Gray-Mane

Gray-Mane

Greycel
Or even hope? I mean, even now smart made visual novel can cause fountains of feelings. Yes VN characters are not real, thet are just number sequences, bunches of algorithms, activated by various player's actions. But what about real women? Don't they themselves have a set of standart algorithms and reactions, tbh?

Just imagine playing VN with the same level of emotional involvement but made in a 3D VR using a complete VR-set like helmet, gloves etc. Could this be an alternative/replacement for real life romantic experience? And, more important, could this serve as such an replacement for irl romance to you?

Last edited:
it's not a perfect replacement but it's something i guess

The vr part would be a gimmick tbh. Visual novels are about the the story, audio and art style more than anything (for me atleast).
That's why 2d VN's mog 3d rendered VN's.

it can theoretically. but the market will always be too small and it will never happen in our lifetime

The vr part would be a gimmick tbh. Visual novels are about the the story, audio and art style more than anything (for me atleast).
That's why 2d VN's mog 3d rendered VN's.
OK, I see. And what about an immersive 2D for example? With 360⁰ view, touch simulation and other stuff? Speaking of story, the aforementioned VN doesn't have much of a story (like, adventure, fantasy), it plays with player's emotions instead, thanks to its very realistic and yet almost ideal characters.

it can theoretically. but the market will always be too small and it will never happen in our lifetime
Some of the most mind-blowing VNs were indie production, and many of them are free. The market may be small now, but as inceldom increases, the market may rise. For the past 10 years VNs, which started as niche products with 90٪ of consumers being Japanese, became more and more videspread, and now almost every large country has got its own set of this type of art.

Last edited:
OK, I see. And what about an immersive 2D for example? With 360⁰ view, touch simulation and other stuff? Speaking of story, the aforementioned VN doesn't have much of a story (like, adventure, fantasy), it plays with player's emotions instead, thanks to its very realistic and yet almost ideal characters.
tbh I've never felt like a VN should aim to be more realistic or detailed.
The most recent one that I am in the middle of is adabana odd tales.
It's 2d, has 0 realism, but I can still imagine the objects as they are described, and it's been a great experience.
(Same goes for reading books. few illustrations are ok - but beyond that there's no point. I'd rather imagine things rather than be presented with them outright "correct+concrete look and feel" in some form like vr or videos or something else)
What VN have you played and felt that it would be nice if it was 3d+VR?

Yes I do see it becoming a thing in 10 years time VR graphics will be extrememly realistic, there will be a plehtora of indepth VR - dating sims from japan

wait a second mamamax? like this artfag tier moralfag nigger mamamax?
I remember someone said he use to make hentai reviews but here he sounds normal and not like a budget corpse husband.
So you're telling me he probably deepens his voice with programs to get women to watch his new shit:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

No, it's just a glorified masturbation. That's all there is to it.

Or even hope? I mean, even now smart made visual novel can cause fountains of feelings. Yes VN characters are not real, thet are just number sequences, bunches of algorithms, activated by various player's actions. But what about real women? Don't they themselves have a set of standart algorithms and reactions, tbh?

Just imagine playing VN with the same level of emotional involvement but made in a 3D VR using a complete VR-set like helmet, gloves etc. Could this be an alternative/replacement for real life romantic experience? And, more important, could this serve as such an replacement for irl romance to you?
yes please the world needs more VN hentai games. College Kings changed my life

tbh I've never felt like a VN should aim to be more realistic or detailed.
The most recent one that I am in the middle of is adabana odd tales.
It's 2d, has 0 realism, but I can still imagine the objects as they are described, and it's been a great experience.
(Same goes for reading books. few illustrations are ok - but beyond that there's no point. I'd rather imagine things rather than be presented with them outright "correct+concrete look and feel" in some form like vr or videos or something else)
What VN have you played and felt that it would be nice if it was 3d+VR?

Well, I have to admit that I made a total mess in my first suggestion. I had to say not that VNs should be reworked in 3D VR and so on, but rather that new VR games should use the particular instruments well developed by modern VNs, like buildind strong emotional bonds between a player and a character, a character's controversion and development, an emotional involvement and so on. Reading books is a good example tbh. Many of blockbuster movies are based on books, but the book-based movies are usually not the literal placing the books on the screen letter by letter. No, they just use particular plot features and other instruments of literature like a character exposition, plot twists and so on. Maybe gamedev should work in this direction, idk.

I haven't played much of VNs, tbh. Out of 'big' VNs, I can only name 'Everlasting Summer' (and a ton of mods) and 'Doki Doki' (the latter being quite annoying for me due to soundtrack, especially after 'ES', which soundtrack is great). And these novels would NOT be nice in 3D. I known it just because there actually is 3D version of 'Everlasting Summer', and it's a very weird thing. So, not 3D VNs, but further development of VN tecnology and applying it to new generation of modern games might give a hope to someone lonely and desperate, imo.

Yes I do see it becoming a thing in 10 years time VR graphics will be extrememly realistic, there will be a plehtora of indepth VR - dating sims from japan
I have same feelings, thank you brocel. And not only Japan, imo. By now there are decent VNs made in different countries all other the world.

There is a thing called the Metaverse which is supposed to be an extremely advanced VR simulation, it also has something to do with the internet as a whole.

It could change everything and provide the ultimate copes, sword art online level simulations and all.

Here is the wiki page on it

Well, it's definitely worth checking out! Thank you.

wait a second mamamax? like this artfag tier moralfag nigger mamamax?
I remember someone said he use to make hentai reviews but here he sounds normal and not like a budget corpse husband.
So you're telling me he probably deepens his voice with programs to get women to watch his new shit:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:
Yeah, I was kinda surprised when found all of his old videos deleted from his channel to protect his new image :feelshaha: I had to restore this video from the Youtube cache to share it here. He really seemed a more likeable person back then.

No, it's just a glorified masturbation. That's all there is to it.
Okay, but what about the emotional side and not masturbation one?

yes please the world needs more VN hentai games. College Kings changed my life
Well, may be I can say something similiar about another VN. At least I felt a little turned upside down after my first playthrough. I got one of the 'bad' endings, but at least I 'scored'. And suddenly realized that ascension is a something more than just sex. It was a kind of experience.

Last edited:
Well, I have to admit that I made a total mess in my first suggestion. I had to say not that VNs should be reworked in 3D VR and so on, but rather that new VR games should use the particular instruments well developed by modern VNs, like buildind strong emotional bonds between a player and a character, a character's controversion and development, an emotional involvement and so on. Reading books is a good example tbh. Many of blockbuster movies are based on books, but the book-based movies are usually not the literal placing the books on the screen letter by letter. No, they just use particular plot features and other instruments of literature like a character exposition, plot twists and so on. Maybe gamedev should work in this direction, idk.

I haven't played much of VNs, tbh. Out of 'big' VNs, I can only name 'Everlasting Summer' (and a ton of mods) and 'Doki Doki' (the latter being quite annoying for me due to soundtrack, especially after 'ES', which soundtrack is great). And these novels would NOT be nice in 3D. I known it just because there actually is 3D version of 'Everlasting Summer', and it's a very weird thing. So, not 3D VNs, but further development of VN tecnology and applying it to new generation of modern games might give a hope to someone lonely and desperate, imo.

I have same feelings, thank you brocel. And not only Japan, imo. By now there are decent VNs made in different countries all other the world.

Well, it's definitely worth checking out! Thank you.

Yeah, I was kinda surprised when found all of his old videos deleted from his channel to protect his new image :feelshaha: I had to restore this video from the Youtube cache to share it here. He really seemed a more likeable person back then.

Okay, but what about the emotional side and not masturbation one?

Well, may be I can say something similiar about another VN. At least I felt a little turned upside down after my first playthrough. I got one of the 'bad' endings, but at least I 'scored'. And suddenly realized that ascension is a something more than just sex. It was a kind of experience.
I'll be honest, at least anime women can love you, I mean 3d women are incapable of love, they just lust etc Anime is real love if you think about it.

Anyway the only reason I havent roped is because in 20 years time the graphics of vidya will become so advanced there will be some real kino:smonk:

It was a kind of experience.
In a fucked up way it's almost whitepilling, in that it makes you WANT to live again, IT SHOWS you what's worth living for. But that's also the most fucked up with about it-- because it makes loneliness even more unbearable when you introspect that you don't have these things

someone needs to create an AI foid we can use as a gf

Or even hope? I mean, even now smart made visual novel can cause fountains of feelings.
they are a component of our evolutionary steps into the future of mankind OP