Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Can being a neet make you lose your intelligence?

svgmn1

svgmn1

Fat link fanboy
★★★★★
I once made an iq test like when I was in highschool, result was 128, ever since then I didn't want to know if it has changed. now that I am a blackpilled neet I am sure it is a double digit number now. I tried to do one test online and time went out because I took too long to solve a couple of puzzles and the result was 7. Am I genuinely a retard? I mean my first couple of posts here on the sewers, someone posted on one of the threads I made that if I unironically made this thread then I am a low iq retard. and it made me feel bad. I maybe love myself as a neet but I can't tell you that I am not insecure. the thing is, none of my threads on sewers was ironical. yet people can't believe. I think that even true braincels think I am retarded.
I was told to switch to the lounge or ID so I did. oh I forgot to say hello to non sewers.
I still feel uncomfortable and scared of not being in the sewers. I don't even know how to finish this thread :feelsbadman:

IQ is genetics, so no, it won't change unless you get severe brain damage.

its static for most part, but changes from childhood/teens to adulthood and OP took it in teenage years so it might have changed

Last edited:
Not intelligence but probably knowledge cause you’re not doing anything

I once made an iq test like when I was in highschool, result was 128, ever since then I didn't want to know if it has changed. now that I am a blackpilled neet I am sure it is a double digit number now. I tried to do one test online and time went out because I took too long to solve a couple of puzzles and the result was 7. Am I genuinely a retard? I mean my first couple of posts here on the sewers, someone posted on one of the threads I made that if I unironically made this thread then I am a low iq retard. and it made me feel bad. I maybe love myself as a neet but I can't tell you that I am not insecure. the thing is, none of my threads on sewers was ironical. yet people can't believe. I think that even true braincels think I am retarded.
I was told to switch to the lounge or ID so I did. oh I forgot to say hello to non sewers.
I still feel uncomfortable and scared of not being in the sewers. I don't even know how to finish this thread :feelsbadman:
Depends on what you are doing while you are a NEET, if all you do is consume entertainment and you don't do anything to exercise your brain or get out of being a NEET, then your ability to think will definitely go down, at least temporarily, but I doubt it will lead to a permanent decrease in IQ

Your IQ is set from birth, your ability to process thought is learned behavior, if you aren't using your brain for years of course you are going to get worse at using your brain lol

why do you care about your IQ anyways, aren't you just gonna ldar?

Epigenetics means it's possible to at least give your intelligence a slight boost by changing your habits, but not by much.

why do you care about your IQ anyways, aren't you just gonna ldar?
I have the right to know if I am disbabled mentally. But I am afraid to do it.
Your IQ is set from birth, your ability to process thought is learned behavior, if you aren't using your brain for years of course you are going to get worse at using your brain lol
So my iq is probably still the same. This makes me feel better about myself. time to brag on sewers and avenge for myself :feelsdevil:

Last edited:
if you stop seeking knowledge and you just rot, your iq will drop. but if you take the time to learn stuff that interests you it is less likely that your iq will drop. although if you continue to learn during this period you won't nessicarily be a NEET as one of the E's stands for Education (the acronym stands for things you avoid)

There are different kinds of intelligence and not all of them can be categorized so neatly into I.Q. testing. :feelsjuice:

My brain slowdown im not thinking sharp and clearly as i used to be. Is it permament or just brain get lazy i dont know.

The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around.

after 25 your brain begins to go downhill

Neets have higher iq due to staying inside 24x7 away from braindead normies

If you consume media all day long without thinking, excersicing your brain then you'll get dumber for a while. also i dont really believe in iq test's they seem weirdly disproportionate and the measurement seems kinda dumb. one time i scored 135 and the other i scored below

yes no doubt , since your brain would get stimulated much less(in neetdom) as opposed to if you were in school

actually the preservation of mental faculties would be better as there's zero exposure to stressful external factors.

Retarded question.
If all you do is spend your time doing nothing but acquiring knowledge by reading anything that peeks your interest, playing the right games to stimulate your brain, blasting good music while modding a selected number of games that require some amount of research, you eventually dive into a completely new world and forget about the outside.

Because in truth, the world out there is boring and nasty.
Those who thrive in it are dependent sociopaths.

In the End, the meek shall inherit the Earth.

Yes. Not doing anything all day, every day does that to your brain

Even if that were the case, how would it impact your life or NEETdom in any way? Is it anything to worry about?

Even if that were the case, how would it impact your life or NEETdom in any way? Is it anything to worry about?
hol up :worryfeels:
that's a good point :feelsautistic: how haven't I thought about this

how haven't I thought about this
Just embrace your inner nihilist. When you have a thought, ask yourself, "that's cool and all, but in the end, is it going to matter at all?"

smells like a highiqcel :feelshmm:
No, I just know things. You tend to learn or think up a lot of stuff about life when that's all you can do with your time, due to not having a social life, friends, gf, full-time job, etc. and the satisfaction your copes once provided fades away at regular intervals. I just spend a lot of my life thinking. :feelsbadman:

I’m near caveman level NEETdom existence after 17-18yrs with nobody.

Just keep your mind active. Read books. Incels.is is also a good way to stay high IQ.

Epigenetics means it's possible to at least give your intelligence a slight boost by changing your habits, but not by much.
That's not really how epigenetics works. What you are describing is more like Lysenkoism(which is a false theory). You can boost your intelligence in the short term but it's not a genetic change.

Can being a neet make you lose your intelligence?​

No,at least for me. Instead of wasting my time wageslaving i used that time to reflect and unveil the truth about humanity and how/why things operate the way they do.

:feelsthink::feelsthink::feelsthink::feelsthink:

how to do this ? I is dum and need free grey matter space craft to think
There isn't any easy trick. You get good at doing anything by doing it. It's the same with intelligence there is just a genetic upper limit. If you are already going to school or whatever and are using your brain regularly you have probably already reached this limit. If not, then perhaps you should read some tough books or teach yourself how to code, do something big brain even if it is hard.

No, but we all know that feeling

I find that if you simply lose the desire to learn, it will stunt you. I've grown my skills severely since shutting out the world around me. You are less prone to taking a herd mindset when you are in solitude, this comes with it's advantages and its dis-advantages. Had I not began my adventure into solitude I would have never ended up programming and find myself in a new career path. You have to re-learn the mindset of an infantile re-learning the world and having the eyes of anything being possible, or you will eventually cap your possibilities.

Being neet won't effect you're iq but depression and social isolation will. IQ can recover for the most part if mental illness is treated but long term or childhood depression or isolation can permanently lower IQ from grey matter loss

Being neet won't effect you're iq but depression and social isolation will. IQ can recover for the most part if mental illness is treated but long term or childhood depression or isolation can permanently lower IQ from grey matter loss
So incels are ugly and not so intelligent, huh?
I wonder why media portray geeks/nerds/virgins as ugly but intelligent with a masters degree.
A fucking stereotype.

So incels are ugly and not so intelligent, huh?
I wonder why media portray geeks/nerds/virgins as ugly but intelligent with a masters degree.
A fucking stereotype.
Well, it's complicated. You can still be highly intelligent and depressed. Depression reduces concentration, memory, processing speed, and verbal intelligence, all measures of IQ. The effect isn't so extreme that you'll turn into a retard. It will take off a few IQ points in tests but that's it. If you were 140 to start you might test at 134. Also, high IQ seems to correlate with depression although it's controversial.