Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Call of duty: the fall of the FPS king....

TrueForcedIncel

TrueForcedIncel

Paper bags mog me
★★
My first call of duty was black ops one, i had tried mw2 at someone else's place. But it was black ops that was my first owned copy of the game and throughout the years call of duty had always been a game where i could hop on and enjoy hour's of fun multiplayer gameplay.

On average I'd usually have a 2.0 kill death ratio on most cod games so I've always been an alright solo player in public lobbies, my go to game mode being the classic team death match. I also[UWSL] didn't mind when exomovment was introduced so long as it was done well like it was for black ops 3 which was arguably my personal best cod ever as i felt i had the most enjoyment with it overall i spent a lot of time with it and enjoyed the fun maps, futuristic style, good gameplay and i loved playing sticks and stones as well... Nothing like bankrupting the guy on top ;)[/UWSL]

[UWSL]I thought COD would always be king, i figured with their years of experience and legendary status within the gamer community. There was no way the king of the twitch style fps could ever fall, so long as it stayed true to it's winning formula... If only it had been so. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]As you all know the franchise has had it's up's and down's. I personally enjoyed the futuristic era more then when we returned to boots on the ground due to the dynamic movement allowing for more adrenaline fueled fire fights imo. Nonetheless, i still managed to enjoy most releases up until black ops 4. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]When I hear they were goin to start rebooting the old call of duties, i had mixed feeling about it. On one hand i honestly felt like they had run out of ideas, i mean we already had modern warfare and black ops one so if they planned on remaking them, the least they could have done was to make it as good or ideally better then what we had ten or so years ago, had it been done right. It could have been the return of the best first person shooter around for a new generation of gamers to enjoy, as well as for the loyal fans that have made cod the legendary franchise it's been throughout the years..[/UWSL]

[UWSL]What we received imo, is a travicty that doesn't even come close to living up to the old school cods. MW and BO:CW has undoubtedly been the worst games of the franchise I've ever played. Gone are the days when I could just hop on and pub stomp or just chill in casual lobbies. The plague that is SBMM has essentially ruined the franchise imo. Every fucking game feels like your playing your ass off just to break ever let alone do well, what the fuck kind of BS is that? The games just aren't fun to play outright on multiplayer anymore and that's always been cod's bread and butter. Sure the previous games had the occasional tryhard lobbies or those filled with clan members ready to destroy the noobs. But you could always just backout and try again, now even that isn't an option as no matter what you do you'll always be placed in sweat lobbies if your a decent player regardless thank to sbmm..[/UWSL]

Sadly the king has fallen and sooner or later if things stay like this with future releases at some point people will have enough of it and move on to something else. I feel a major problem has always been a lack of competition from other games that would force them to stay on top of it. Although many have tried none have ever come close to dethroning cod as the go to fps on console particularly, which is where I've always played on with the PlayStation platform.

[UWSL]I doubt I'll be getting vanguard as it'll be just another tryhard sweatfest and that shit is not fun playing like that all the time... The only way it'll ever become fun again is if they get rid of SBMM for good or at least heavily tone it way down. but by then it may be to late... At least I got to enjoy the golden years of cod as did many other gamers as well, Farewell to the king...[/UWSL][UWSL]. [/UWSL]

[UWSL]Thanks for the good memories in high school and as a young adult, may the glory days of cod go down in gaming history as the legend it was... [/UWSL]

Last edited:
@Zer0/∞ replies

yea I stop playing after ghost and never really got into cod again. I'm surprised you disliked MW because most people enjoyed it and the little warzone I played because some of my old xbox friends wanted to play a crossplay game and I thought it was pretty good tbh.

CoD is the Madden of shooting games. It caters to the lowest common denominator. It's as mindless and uninteresting as you can get with shooting games. The reason they keep peddling the same shit over and over without coming up with new ideas is because they don't need to; people mindlessly keep buying the same garbage year after year.

The only ones i enjoyed are finest hour (this was when i was young tho),Black ops 1 and 2.Ghosts was literaly 1/10 boring shit and the last one i played WW2 was just mediocre and i played it for only like 10 hours

CoD is the Madden of shooting games. It caters to the lowest common denominator. It's as mindless and uninteresting as you can get with shooting games. The reason they keep peddling the same shit over and over without coming up with new ideas is because they don't need to; people mindlessly keep buying the same garbage year after year.
Yep.:feelsclown:

I tried COD many times but just could never get into it.:feelsUgh:

Its complete and utter shit as far as my FPS tastes are concerned.:ahegao:

At the end of the day I’m just a Halo gamer when it comes to FPS.:feelsthink:

yea I stop playing after ghost and never really got into cod again. I'm surprised you disliked MW because most people enjoyed it and the little warzone I played because some of my old xbox friends wanted to play a crossplay game and I thought it was pretty good tbh.

Admittedly i didn't play much of the MW reboot. I just felt like they ran out of ideas and were now rehashing old games, so i couldn't really get into it as a long time player. I wish cod never became a yearly release, it would have allowed for better developed games and breathing room to take it all in and savour it more before the next release. But in general the sbmm has distroyed most of the fun for multiplayer. As for the battle Royal, it's ok but being an old school player I've always preferred the more traditional playlists like tdm, Dom or CTF even. Something tht allows for me to respawn and get a comeback or have rivalries arise from the ongoing match.

i had fun, its good. battlefield is better.

Admittedly i didn't play much of the MW reboot. I just felt like they ran out of ideas and were now rehashing old games, so i couldn't really get into it as a long time player. I wish cod never became a yearly release, it would have allowed for better developed games and breathing room to take it all in and savour it more before the next release. But in general the sbmm has distroyed most of the fun for multiplayer. As for the battle Royal, it's ok but being an old school player I've always preferred the more traditional playlists like tdm, Dom or CTF even. Something tht allows for me to respawn and get a comeback or have rivalries arise from the ongoing match.
You didn't realize this until now? After the 5th or 6th or so, you didn't get an idea? There's 17 Call of Duty games. There are a lot of garbage games out there exactly because companies keep reusing the same tired formula to churn out titles and make money. Like Ubisoft and Assassins Creed. Thank God, I jumped that ship way back after AC2 vanilla.