Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Bullying, Neetdom, Harassment, Mental Illness: The Life of Shinsei Kamattechan's Noko

opioidcel

opioidcel

5'9 3.5/10 brain damaged cel
★★★
Many a days I find myself going through life and its motions with a pervasive and domineering feeling of exclusion - it feels as though I have been denied a chance to experience normalcy in life and by extension life itself for its only those who are normal can really experience life as it ought to be experienced - the rest of us burdened with the curse of neurodiversity and a ugly vessel that is our body have been tormented so often by others that we have been dehumanised internally. Bruises on the outside as well on the inside and the inside has been left so deformed that we can hardly experience anything positive - I have been scarred so bad that at my worst I feel even my mom who is truly and completely loving and kind with no exceptions in my 21 years of life is conspiring against me and secretly verbally abusing me behind my back. This has been the experience of Noko, who is the lead and the creative mastermind behind the Japanese band Shinsei Kamattechan. His songs deal with precisely this phenomenon - of having been tormented and scarred so badly there remains absolutely nothing but horror and trauma in your mind and you are left in a despairing pit that you just know you cannot escape.

zowl3k71lle91.jpg

Noko during a live performance in 2010

Die, Satou, for your own sake
So you can stop being yourself
As every single day passes,
I want to kill you

from 夕方のピアノ (Evening Piano) -

“Die, Satō”, shouts Noko, his voice’s pitch shifted by a vocal processor to sound child-like. This pitch-shifted voice is heard in many of Noko’s songs. Satō, a Japanese surname, in the song designates a real-life person –a harasser who bullied Noko in anelementary school and junior high school. “Each time I imagine my death it is because of you” - the song goes. Noko had multiple bullies but Sato stood out - he would bully him by locking him in the toilet, pouring hot water on him, blackmailing him for money among other ostensibly worse things that Noko probably conceals and hasn't revealed in his streams because he is surprisingly a private person - his songs are just that - a coping mechanism.

In Noko’s volume of poems, next to the lyrics of the song we find a quote: “Because Satō changed my life. He ripped it out of the ground and turned it upside-down. He is the one who gave me my first nickname, ‘Ōshima alien’”

The bullying which started in primary school eventually crescendoed to a point where he was forced to drop out in junior high. He had changed schools before dropping out and been to one where he was left to himself but he had experienced debilitating PTSD by then thus making it impossible to function in public and so he embraced neetdom.

Many of his songs are about his trauma and how it bludgeoned him to insanity and made him want to go ER - 達なんていらない死ね(‘I need no friends, die’) talks about the desire for revenge and a wish to self isolate in a bid at self preservation. (“There is one person whose head I would shoot off with a shotgun/and eat it with stew”) as referring to Satō" the song's chorus says)

Making a disturbed face, stiffly laughing
“What a funny looking face, right,” I hear someone saying
Slithering and staggering and reeling, I keep walking towards my school
Smiling at you, the one I want to kill

I don’t wanna go to school
I don’t wanna go to school

Please give back my math homework
Please give back my math homework

I relate to this song a lot. I would lock myself in the bathroom in the morning when it was school time and refuse to come out until the bus had already left and it was too late for my father to take me to school so I would not have to go. I used to do this in junior and senior high school alike.

After school, I’m going home as always
What a disgusting shit I am
A vomit stain, shit, seriously
Whatever…
That’s something I just learned in my own way
From studying my Japonica workbook
Ah, god, my life is completely messed up

And this is what precisely the "just put yourself out there" copers never understand. I am not trying to reason with normfags - it is utterly useless but I want to highlight these experiences to highlight something important. A lack of positive reinforcement is deadly enough to condemn one to failure but bullying scars you so bad that you become schizophrenic - you can hear people laughing among themselves and they would be far from you and logic would have you know it cannot possibly be you they are laughing about and this is very likely true but your brain which has turned to mush from bullying wails inside and you become incapacitated. You are frozen mentally. You can't move and all the memories you have of being mistreated flash in front of your eyes.

In 天使じゃ地上じゃちっそく死 (If You're an Angel You're Will Suffocate to Death) he laments how it is the good who are crushed to death and broken beyond repair and wishes death upon himself.

It’s awful… It’s awful… It’s awful… It’s awful…. It’s awful… It’s awful… It’s awful….

I want to die…I want to die…I want to die…I want to die…I want to die…I want to die…I want to die…I want to die…

Having dropped out, Noko plunged into neetdom that he would playfully and sarcastically refer to as being a "prolonged summer vacation"

“This year I turn 23 years old
My face is a little tired
Although summer vacation is finally here
I do not go out anywhere
I do not plan anything
The body and the mind collude to shut themselves down to keep the person from going crazy and killing themselves - one among the many self preservation mechanisms and this manifests in complete emotional numbness and a perpetual sense of detachment from reality, a condition christened "DPDR" and it figures prominently among the bullied and the abused, especially so if these experiences were among the formative years of a person's life.

Somehow I lost my sensitivity
This cannot be
I do not feel anything anymore

Noko dropped out of school and later became a hikikomori and NEET. The theory of hikikomori resulting frompoverty is one that is the most interesting in the context of this post, since Noko’s father is part of the working poor. There is an improvised, unreleased song on YouTube of that the title and the chorus singsOyaji Wāpua Ore Nīto親父ワープア俺ニート(‘My old man is working poor, I am a NEET’. In the context of Noko’s life aconnection betweenijime and being a NEET is evidenced. Research saysthat 45,5% of the hikikomori population are not burdened with mental illness(Umeda and Kawakami 2012: 121). In the case of Noko, it is otherwise.

thread end: there is so much more to his life's story - I barely touched on his experience with mental illnesses stemming from bullying and torture. I literally just got bullied 10 minutes ago and it really is quite awful. I relate to every facet of his life and songs. It's brutal out there, buddy boyos. St Hamudi was right in commanding us to "never leave your basements"

interested brocels: @NoIdeaWhatToDo @VictimofBpillReaper @SandNiggerKANG @lonelysince2006 @Da_Yunez @VideoGameCoper @cinderogre @SociallyStupid @DarkStarDownBad @Ron.Belgrade @Blackpill Monk @XtremeMax @Lonelyus @adharmi @Runt171 @hopeless_cel

a song for our forums neetmaxxers

Last edited:
The quotes are brutal man..
I can relate as I'm also a facecel.

Read every single word, good thread bro

Wow, he definitely seemed to have a way worse life than me. Life is harsh out there and honestly it shows that there are way worse things which can happen to you than being a "basic" Incel who "just" lacks social life in both good and bad ways.

I guess the combination of poverty + bullying just makes you feel extra hopeless. If your parents are poor, you see that the current situation is crap. But if you are also bullied, then your future is also bleak. I honestly didn't know bullying was a that big problem in Japan, I thought the society were extremely polite to each other. Here in my country nobody was locked into a toilet or blackmailed, we "just" got ridiculed.

Wow, he definitely seemed to have a way worse life than me. Life is harsh out there and honestly it shows that there are way worse things which can happen to you than being a "basic" Incel who "just" lacks social life in both good and bad ways.

I guess the combination of poverty + bullying just makes you feel extra hopeless. If your parents are poor, you see that the current situation is crap. But if you are also bullied, then your future is also bleak. I honestly didn't know bullying was a that big problem in Japan, I thought the society were extremely polite to each other. Here in my country nobody was locked into a toilet or blackmailed, we "just" got ridiculed.
It seems to have definitely been a societal issue there. I believe the Japanese have a word to denote the bullying that happens in schools exclusively - Ijme iirc. The problems exacerbated in the 90s and the State hired thousands of psychologists to be put into schools.

This is brutal

Whatever…

That's exactly what i think of myself

Whatever…

That's exactly what i think of myself
im also underweight at 5'9 (53kgs) and i get picked on a lot because of it and this song speaks to my soul so muchmang:

"You’re so small, are you a squirrel?"
When I say "I want to die" it isn't a lie
You’re so stupid
Continue blowing your sick childish wind
Hated
Without love
Death comes to light
:cryfeels: :cryfeels:

I know which music artist I'll be binging today

how's noko doing these days?

how's noko doing these days?
hes in his 30s now and he seems to have done well for himself - the band has a decent following, if you watch his streams he talks about how hes not really over everything that happened but that while he still has those scars from the shit that went down in his life hes largely been able to move past those things and hes also no longer suicidal

also I just realized they did the roro chan song, my heart goes out to that kind soul. I was utterly crushed when I went through roro chan's tweets. Based band, great post man

hes in his 30s now and he seems to have done well for himself - the band has a decent following, if you watch his streams he talks about how hes not really over everything that happened but that while he still has those scars hes largely been able to move past those things and hes also no longer suicidal
nice, happy for him

also I just realized they did the roro chan song, my heart goes out to that kind soul. I was utterly crushed when I went through roro chan's tweets. Based band, great post man
yeah they got to do the "my war" song for aot opening too after they blew up with the roro chan song

ironically enough despite the song having been commissioned for aot the war hes talking about is actually him trying to come to terms with the mental scars he has from years of bullying

The only memory left is trauma
Imaginary friend’s kind words
The evening train was shaking
I purified the imperfect flowers
The pain in my heart getting higher
My comedy show at its peak

Time to leave school: Shadowfall of others
If you notice it, you'll be alone at dawn
I can't finish alone
You can cry only now
I'm ready for tomorrow anyway
I have to do my homework and sleep

and thank you :feelsokman:

Last edited:
nice, happy for him
bro nevermind i hadnt been following him and what hes up to but i checked and he actually attempted suicide again not that long ago

bro nevermind i hadnt been following him and what hes up to but i checked and he actually attempted suicide again not that long ago
fuck. i just hope his last moments r painless. this is too much

fuck. i just hope his last moments r painless. this is too much
its brutal even famemaxxing couldnt help him get over his shitty childhood and teenage years :feelscry: :feelscry:

I will listen to these when I get home. Thank you for sharing.

Also welcome back it's good to see you again

Welcome back mang:feelsautistic:

Brootal thread

The body and the mind collude to shut themselves down to keep the person from going crazy and killing themselves - one among the many self preservation mechanisms and this manifests in complete emotional numbness and a perpetual sense of detachment from reality, a condition christened "DPDR" and it figures prominently among the bullied and the abused, especially so if these experiences were among the formative years of a person's life.
Ive had dpdr most of my life now but it Has gotten worse in the last few years
Probably Because I lost most of the hope for my life to change

Whenever reality hits me again It feels like Im being beaten over the head with a baseball bat
Im surprised I haven’t had an anxiety attack from It but Ive only had a few of those in my entire life somehow

Ive had dpdr most of my life now but it Has gotten worse in the last few years
Probably Because I lost most of the hope for my life to change

Whenever reality hits me again It feels like Im being beaten over the head with a baseball bat
Im surprised I haven’t had an anxiety attack from It but Ive only had a few of those in my entire life somehow
its the dpdr which is keeping you from having anxiety attacks, it shuts down your brains ability to emotionally react to things to allow you to cope and prolong your life

its the dpdr which is keeping you from having anxiety attacks, it shuts down your brains ability to emotionally react to things to allow you to cope and prolong your life
How do I still feel anxiety then?? Even when I feel disconnected from reality I still feel it if I am outside

Many a days I find myself going through life and its motions with a pervasive and domineering feeling of exclusion - it feels as though I have been denied a chance to experience normalcy in life and by extension life itself for its only those who are normal can really experience life as it ought to be experienced - the rest of us burdened with the curse of neurodiversity and a ugly vessel that is our body have been tormented so often by others that we have been dehumanised internally. Bruises on the outside as well on the inside and the inside has been left so deformed that we can hardly experience anything positive - I have been scarred so bad that at my worst I feel even my mom who is truly and completely loving and kind with no exceptions in my 21 years of life is conspiring against me and secretly verbally abusing me behind my back. This has been the experience of Noko, who is the lead and the creative mastermind behind the Japanese band Shinsei Kamattechan. His songs deal with precisely this phenomenon - of having been tormented and scarred so badly there remains absolutely nothing but horror and trauma in your mind and you are left in a despairing pit that you just know you cannot escape.
This was probably one of the most relateable things i’ve ever read in my life, it’s literally as if someone took an accumulation of my thoughts & worded it out for me.

And fuck, those lyrics were so sad, yet echoed in familiarity to my own thoughts. This guy knows how it is to suffer as we do.