Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brownson critique of crab bucket incels.co mentality

• Thread starter Simulacrasimulation
  • Start date
Simulacrasimulation

Simulacrasimulation

Mythic
genius level quotes from
Orestes Brownson's "The Laboring Classes"

Completely obliterates the bullshit nihilistic, herr derr everything is doomed, and picking apart others attempts to create a new better situation for incels, and or suggest new approaches to ascension, there is nothing to be done despairing nihiistic viewpoint as complete tosh and a symptom of pure despair with nothing behind it.

No man sees more clearly that the present is defective and unworthy to be retained; he is a brave and successful warrior against it, whether reference be had to its literature, its politics, its philosophy, or its religion ; but when the question comes up concerning what ought to be, what should take the place of what is, we regret to say, he affords us no essential aid, scarcely a useful hint. He has fine spiritual instincts, has outgrown materialism, loathes skepticism, sees clearly the absolute necessity of faith in both God and man, and insists upon it with due sincerity and earnestness; but with feelings very nearly akin to despair. He does not appear to have found as yet a faith for himself, and his writings have almost invariably a skeptical tendency. He has doubtless a sort of faith in God, or an overwhelming Necessity, but we cannot perceive that he has any faith in man or in man's efforts. Society is wrong, but he mocks at our sincerest and best directed efforts to right it. It cannot subsist as it is ; that is clear: but what shall be done to make it what it ought to be, that he saith not. Of all writers we are acquainted with, he is the least satisfactory. He is dissatisfied with everything himself, and he leaves his readers dissatisfied with everything. Hopeless himself, he makes them also hopeless, especially if they have strong social tendencies, and are hungering and thirsting to work out the regeneration of their race.

Mr. Carlyle's admirers, we presume, will demur to this criticism. We have heard some of them speak of him as a sort of soul-quickener, and profess to derive from his writings fresh life and courage. We know not how this may be. It may be that they derive advantage from him on the homoeopathic principle, and that he cures their diseases by exaggerating them ; but for ourselves we must say that we have found him anything but a skilful physician. He disheartens and enfeebles us; and while he emancipates us from the errors of tradition, he leaves us without strength or courage to engage in the inquiry after truth. We rise from his writings with the weariness and exhaustion one does from the embraces of the Witch Mara. It is but slowly that our blood begins to circulate again, and it is long before we recover the use of our powers. Whether his writings produce this effect on others or not, we are unable to say; but this effect they do produce on us. We almost dread to encounter them.

ill leave you with the zenith of the piece:
"He is dissatisfied with everything himself, and he leaves his readers dissatisfied with everything"

"Hopeless himself, he makes them also hopeless, especially if they have strong social tendencies, and are hungering and thirsting to work out the regeneration of their race."

"He disheartens and enfeebles us; and while he emancipates us from the errors of tradition, he leaves us without strength or courage to engage in the inquiry after truth. We rise from his writings with the weariness and exhaustion one does from the embraces of the Witch Mara. "

This bullshit gets all incels on the forum NOWHERE

Last edited:
>Christcuck
No thanks, he's brainwashed by Jews.

Crabs in a bucket is cope

Who cares? There's no hope

@BlkPillPres thoughts?

Bogged

genius level quotes from
Orestes Brownson's "The Laboring Classes"

Completely obliterates the bullshit nihilistic, herr derr everything is doomed, and picking apart others attempts to create a new better situation for incels, and or suggest new approaches to ascension, there is nothing to be done despairing nihiistic viewpoint as complete tosh and a symptom of pure despair with nothing behind it.

No man sees more clearly that the present is defective and unworthy to be retained; he is a brave and successful warrior against it, whether reference be had to its literature, its politics, its philosophy, or its religion ; but when the question comes up concerning what ought to be, what should take the place of what is, we regret to say, he affords us no essential aid, scarcely a useful hint. He has fine spiritual instincts, has outgrown materialism, loathes skepticism, sees clearly the absolute necessity of faith in both God and man, and insists upon it with due sincerity and earnestness; but with feelings very nearly akin to despair. He does not appear to have found as yet a faith for himself, and his writings have almost invariably a skeptical tendency. He has doubtless a sort of faith in God, or an overwhelming Necessity, but we cannot perceive that he has any faith in man or in man's efforts. Society is wrong, but he mocks at our sincerest and best directed efforts to right it. It cannot subsist as it is ; that is clear: but what shall be done to make it what it ought to be, that he saith not. Of all writers we are acquainted with, he is the least satisfactory. He is dissatisfied with everything himself, and he leaves his readers dissatisfied with everything. Hopeless himself, he makes them also hopeless, especially if they have strong social tendencies, and are hungering and thirsting to work out the regeneration of their race.

ill leave you with the zenith of the piece:
"He is dissatisfied with everything himself, and he leaves his readers dissatisfied with everything"

This bullshit gets all incels on the forum NOWHERE

Holy shit that is one giant block of text.

I prefer this forum as a venting space for men who know conclusively that they are sexually undesirable. most talk about ascension here is unhelpful at best and frustrating at worst. I am pretty cynical and defeatist about my position in life, as most people would be; and I enjoy being around people who are in similar situations. I'm not particularly interested in helping temporarily embarrassed normies on their 'self-improvement' journey

@BlkPillPres thoughts?

@Simulacrasimulation
a lot of people on this site like to misrepresent nihilism to be a command (do nothing because its all pointless) when its nothing but a perspective, and observation of reality (nothing really matters)

How you act based on that observation is up to you, but me personally, I'd prefer to do things that benefit me, effort makes sense then

Thi
@Simulacrasimulation
This has a pseudo scientific edge to it, you cannot remove this perspective from infecting every action, belief desire and also COMMAND, evey aspect of your psychology is informed by the nihilism. Seperating these is insanity, this is not how psychology works, everything you have read becomes you, knowingly or not you cant remove the effect from you its impossible and preposterous.

If you read the book i have mentioned before about nihilism from Latsch, it eludes to the fact that it is a societal and psychological problem, it cant be seperated its all in one together as one, the book basically says nihilism is a poverty of intellect a cowards position that cant be defended.

I see your point

This has a pseudo scientific edge to it, you cannot remove this perspective from infecting every action

Indeed, but you are propping up a strawman of your actions HAVE TO BE

The actions don't have to be "do nothing", anybody who falls into that mindset due to nihilism WAS GOING TO DO NOTHING ANYWAYS, nihilism is just their scapegoat, their excuse for doing what they always would have done

If you are a person who wants more out of life and you want an enjoyable life, it doesn't matter if you are a pessimist, optimist, etc, you are still going to pursue an enjoyable life regardless, the perspective will just determine HOW you pursue those goals, but you won't ever stop chasing what you want

The people who say "I'll do nothing" never had true desire for anything to begin with

I prefer this forum as a venting space for men who know conclusively that they are sexually undesirable. most talk about ascension here is unhelpful at best and frustrating at worst. I am pretty cynical and defeatist about my position in life, as most people would be; and I enjoy being around people who are in similar situations. I'm not particularly interested in helping temporarily embarrassed normies on their 'self-improvement' journey
tbhtbh

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back