Serious Broly as a concept is dumb stupid as fuck

Caesercel

Caesercel

Baldcel wristcel framecel oldcel ethnicel
★★★★★
107d 13h 38m
It shits all over the narrative plot of Namek saga, arguably the greatest arc in Dragon Ball.

The entire point of Namek saga was Freiza, the intergalactic emperor and the most powerful being getting defeated by the very thing he always feared, a Super Saiyan. A legacy which comes true once after a thousand years. In a race otherwise so weak that they are completely dominated by freiza and derided as mere "monkeys".

But the real narrative genius was that the Super Saiyan turned out to be, not some Saiyan prince or great Saiyan warrior of repute but a Saiyan so weak that he slipped right under Freiza's genocidal radar. So weak that his own race abandoned him only for him to abandon the genocidal ways of his race, making him the least Saiyan-like saiyan. And after his race is gone he comes back to fulfill his destiny and take revenge. This is what made this arc a notch above all others.

But then Broly comes along and shits all over it. Turns out Goku is not the legendary super saiayan, but some regular super saiyan? And the legendary super saiyan is so dumb his entire motivation boils down to Goku annoying him as a baby. AS A BABY. AS A FUCKING BABY. Total bullshit if you ask me.

proudweeb

proudweeb

craving your little sister
★★★★★
10d 8h 43m
your personality

your personality

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
★★★★★
118d 11h 17m
It shits all over the narrative plot of Namek saga, arguably the greatest arc in Dragon Ball.
Based
The entire point of Namek saga was Freiza, the intergalactic emperor and the most powerful being getting defeated by the very thing he always feared, a Super Saiyan. A legacy which comes true once after a thousand years. In a race otherwise so weak that they are completely dominated by freiza and derided as mere "monkeys".
Planetary Trade Organization = more shady interstellar version of the World Trade Organization
But the real narrative genius was that the Super Saiyan turned out to be, not some Saiyan prince or great Saiyan warrior of repute but a Saiyan so weak that he slipped right under Freiza's genocidal radar. So weak that his own race abandoned him only for him to abandon the genocidal ways of his race, making him the least Saiyan-like saiyan. And after his race is gone he comes back to fulfill his destiny and take revenge. This is what made this arc a notch above all others.
Tbh it made for a great complete plot line @Dregster666
But then Broly comes along and shits all over it. Turns out Goku is not the legendary super saiayan, but some regular super saiyan? And the legendary super saiyan is so dumb his entire motivation boils down to Goku annoying him as a baby. AS A BABY. AS A FUCKING BABY. Total bullshit if you ask me.
Broly is filler imo but because of lookist halo is inescapable and eclipses even Cell and Majiin Buu among the dbz fanbase.
Lookism and dark triad worship are everywhere @K9Otaku

Last edited:
Caesercel

Caesercel

★★★★★
107d 13h 38m
Planetary Trade Organization = more shady interstellar version of the World Trade Organization
Put UN, EU and other globalist institutions in the same basket. Centralized control over all golbal trade

your personality

your personality

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
★★★★★
118d 11h 17m
Put UN, EU and other globalist institutions in the same basket. Centralized control over all golbal trade
Lord Frieza, head of the planetary trade organization.
Genocides entire peoples to empty out planets and sell them to the highest bidder. By coincidence found out that there were dragon balls on Namek that could grant eternal life. Didn't expect to meet and be defeated by Bardock's son Goku.

proudweeb

proudweeb

★★★★★
10d 8h 43m
proudweeb

proudweeb

★★★★★
10d 8h 43m
proudweeb

proudweeb

★★★★★
10d 8h 43m
SlayerSlayer

SlayerSlayer

Overlord
★★★★★
67d 18h 0m
cope. Broly is one of those characters made just for the movies to have a bit more weight to it, like Super Shredder. I regard the normal TV episodes as a separate thing

proudweeb

proudweeb

★★★★★
10d 8h 43m
chutmarikacel

chutmarikacel

already bailing
★★
7d 13h 46m
poor brolycel @Broly

Caesercel

Caesercel

★★★★★
107d 13h 38m
chutmarikacel

chutmarikacel

already bailing
★★
7d 13h 46m
crestfallencel

crestfallencel

Overlord
★★★★★
106d 4h 4m
DBZ in general was a mistake

RollD20

RollD20

I just want handholding
★★★★★
98d 14h 33m
I like him mainly cause he is a credible rival to Goku, unlike Vegeta.

Miserable

Miserable

Tired of Living
★★★
17d 18h 56m

Joey Cope Em

Joey Cope Em

Seamaxxing
-
1d 6h 24m

It means so much more as an adult who knows about the struggles in the world and the history of these struggles than it did even as a kid, and I still felt like the Namek Saga was a fucking religious story when I was a kid. The scenes where Vegata dies while telling Goku to fight and when Goku goes Super Saiyan are peak gamers rise up kino,

Last edited:
Pengwin

Pengwin

Inhabitant of the Antarctic circle
★★★★★
112d 5h 46m
dbz is overrated tbh

RainerNLM

RainerNLM

Legend
★★★
11d 18h 4m
Wouldn't other saiyans achieving super saiyan in the canon saga also invalidate the frieza arc?

Caesercel

Caesercel

★★★★★
107d 13h 38m
Wouldn't other saiyans achieving super saiyan in the canon saga also invalidate the frieza arc?
Yes it does. That's why it stung a little when everyone started turning super saiyan in cell arc. Especially gohan. But I accepted it thinking every saiyan has that potential.

Then fetuses started turning SS in buu arc and I said fuck it.

Namek arc by itself is still the best though.
dbz is overrated tbh
It worked well for its time and target audience. And though its not as nuanced as others its still a decent power fantasy show

proudweeb

proudweeb

★★★★★
10d 8h 43m
Caesercel

Caesercel

★★★★★
107d 13h 38m
Caesercel

Caesercel

★★★★★
107d 13h 38m
ThoughtfulCel

ThoughtfulCel

G.O.R.I.L.L.A _M.A.X.I.N.G
★★★★★
278d 19h 9m
Broly goes from being weaker than base goku to being stronger than super saiyan God in a few hours.

Dragon ball is a joke of a series.

BummerDrummer

BummerDrummer

Bummer Drummer#8658 Check out my YT •́ε•̀٥
★★★★★
231d 2h 3m
Anime is for gays it’s visual estrogen ngl

FamilyGuy1999

FamilyGuy1999

Ugly
★★★★★
82d 7h 9m

Serious @Broly as a concept is dumb stupid as fuck​

It shits all over the narrative plot of @Diocel saga, arguably the greatest arc in Dragon Ball.

The entire point of Namek saga was @Idotms, the intergalactic emperor and the most powerful being getting defeated by the very thing he always feared, a Super Saiyan. A legacy which comes true once after a thousand years. In a race otherwise so weak that they are completely dominated by freiza and derided as mere "monkeys".

Quote Reply

Idotms

Idotms

U wouldn't get it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
★★★★★
65d 9h 58m

Serious @Broly as a concept is dumb stupid as fuck​

It shits all over the narrative plot of @Diocel saga, arguably the greatest arc in Dragon Ball.

The entire point of Namek saga was @Idotms, the intergalactic emperor and the most powerful being getting defeated by the very thing he always feared, a Super Saiyan. A legacy which comes true once after a thousand years. In a race otherwise so weak that they are completely dominated by freiza and derided as mere "monkeys".

Quote Reply
>Dragonball

kikecel

kikecel

MY FOOT UP YOUR FUCKING ASS
★★★★★
58d 5h 59m
Movie Broly or Canon Broly?