Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Breaking News from France: Macron's Party got only 15% in the EU elections and Le Pen's Party got 31%. Macrons calls for new elections in France

BoliMeKurac

BoliMeKurac

Recruit
★★★
French President Emmanuel Macron announces anticipated elections after stinging EU elections defeat

Macron's Renew party suffered a stinging defeat in the European elections, securing just 15.2% of the votes to the far-right National rally's 31.5%, according to provisional results

French President Emmanuel Macron announced on Sunday evening that he would dissolve the national assembly after the far-right National Rally crushed his centrist Renew party in European elections.

Was just watching it on the news.
He's going to lose but I think he's sacrificing the last 2 years of his mandate to take the steam out of the far-right rather than let them get bigger and win a landslide in 2027.

Btw "Renaissance" is Rebirth not Renew

In the past few weeks & months many Western Euro leaders were calling for the final confrontation (Nato boots in Ukraine) with Russia because they know in the next election they will be fucked...
Maybe they hoped they could pull a Zelensky card by staying president without election because it's war ....

I don't understand that. Why does he want an election if he has low support?

Was just watching it on the news.
He's going to lose but I think he's sacrificing the last 2 years of his mandate to take the steam out of the far-right rather than let them get bigger and win a landslide in 2027.
Not Far Right, just Right.

Only the Parlament gets reelected he stays president

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back