Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Breaking Down The Plot Holes in Gilette's epic fail

crew2

crew2

Self-banned
-
I'll start by saying this ad is a perfectly valid thing to be looked down on. Not really hated because it's too laughable to be hated but I think it's great to laugh at how pathetic it actually is. I'm convinced it's some sort of satire about what women think of men these days and think that is the only thing that can redeem it. If not it's one of the most awful and misguided things I have ever laid eyes on. Let's break down the issues in the ad:-

Bullying

Firstly most of the bullies in the schools and colleges I went to...were girls. Not bullying as in physically but bullying as in mocking someone's appearance, clothing, money or race, sometimes brutally, whether the victim was male or female. And bullying someone via texting is a predominantly female trait so it's quite shocking that it is mentioned here in an ad that is clearly meant to be pro-female. In fact I remember a study which stated that in the last ten years text bullying has increased drastically for obvious reasons and the majority of the perpetrators of this behaviour were young females.

And the male bullies were the ones that were sought after romantically mostly by almost all of the girls in these same colleges whether the girls themselves were bullies or seemingly nice well to do girls. So being a girl bully is overlooked and being a male bully pays off with good relationships because that's what most girls want, so the advert contradicts reality.

Sexual Innuendos on TV

You only have to watch an episode of a female hosted show to realise that women are WAAAYY worse than men for this. Every time I see a female hosted chat or discussion show they are constantly talking about how hot certain athletes or celebrities are with no shame at all.

In fact I've actually noticed that men are almost scared to talk about women in the same way on the similar male-hosted counterparts. Almost as if they are too scared to even open their mouths and mention a woman's appearance for fear of being accused of something.

However I don't think there is anything wrong with either personally but I don't hear many men complaining about this the way women apparently are.

Sexual Harassment

In my experience girls approach, stare and make comments FFFAAAARRR more than men ever have and I've lived a long time. Isn't it also technically sexual harassment if a girl approaches a man in a club or on the street if this ad is anything to go by? My best friend is a male model looking Italian looking type guy and he literally gets girls swarming him, asking if they can take pictures of him on the street, flirted with heavily at the gym etc. I seen a woman who is an acquaintance of our friendship group who'd been happily married with 2 children for 20 years drunk and rubbing his penis through his pants and trying to kiss him on the lips the last time I was out in a club with him an he hadn't done a thing to invite it. This was after she had just offered herself to another of my friends who ending up getting a blowjob from her in the toilets while he filmed the thing happening which she didn't mind. I've seen some less good looking guys get similar things regularly too. In droves in fact.

On another note this guy has never actually been accused of sexual harassment yet flirts with girls on a daily basis. I think this boils down to the age old issue of women not wanting to be approached whatsoever by men that they don't find attractive. But doesn't this completely go against the advice that every girl I've ever known has given to me - I just "need to be more confident". So if I need to be more confident, what use is that if I can't approach? Am I supposed to confidently sit at home?

I'd say about 70% of the time if a man approaches a woman in any situation it is because he looks at her and thinks she is in his league, his looksmatch or whatever you want to call it. So chances are if a guy approaches you it's because he thinks you are a good match so you should take that as a compliment rather than an insult. And if you think the guy is beneath you then it's time to stop taking yourself so serious and being so shallow. If a girl that I didn't find attractive approached me I would be EXTREMELY flattered regardless and would think more positively of her.

Manspreading

We are male and have testicles and a penis down there. If it's comfortable for a man to sit like that then he can. It's perfectly fine for a woman to breast feed in public so it's perfectly fine for a man to sit so he is comfortable as long as he is not infringing on your space. Case closed on that one.

Being Condescending Towards Women

So in the ad a guy touches a woman (future 'metoo-er' without a doubt) on the shoulder and tries to either correct her or put across her point in a way that people in the meeting will understand or at the very worst he is being a bit condescending towards her. Now here's something shocking - this has happened to me before many times where I have worked over the years AND guess what...I'm not a Woman! If you are completely devastated by someone simply correcting you in the workplace or even being condescending towards you then doesn't that make you extremely mentally weak?

And in that case isn't the video implying that women are mentally weak and too fragile to be spoken to in this manner so we shouldn't do so? What about equality? Imagine a big hairy arsed man like myself in the video sitting there looking like he's just been diagnosed with a terminal illness because someone made one off hand comment or corrected him. Wouldn't that get ridiculed?

All in all I'd say if anyone is offended by any of the above issues hey should either suck it up or feel free to post a meme about it on reddit but you only make yourself look silly.

Last edited:
USA needs to be nuked, their filth is infesting the rest of the world

good analysis. I'm surprised you didn't mention the fact that all the "bad behaviors" in the ad are referred to white males.
anyway take a look at this '80 ad.
they were celebrating men and virility

That was way too much effort and energy to explain something that shouldn't even need explaining. I couldn't even watch the whole ad it was so infuriating.

I'm glad there's been a massive backlash. Just like metoo lost credibility after Aziz ansari, toxic masculinity will now lose credibility from the APA and this ad.

Good analysis mate.

Imagine a big hairy arsed man like myself in the video sitting there looking like he's just been diagnosed with a terminal illness because someone made one off hand comment or corrected him. Wouldn't that get ridiculed?

This legit made me laugh so hard :feelskek::feelskek:

Ezgif 2 eea66cfa0725

100% Agree with you tbh.
That ad is pretty retarded, even normies see that. jfl @ the dislikes too

Last edited:
good analysis. I'm surprised you didn't mention the fact that all the "bad behaviors" in the ad are referred to white males.
anyway take a look at this '80 ad.
they were celebrating men and virility

Ha the good old days. Some chads in that ad though :feelsree:
That was way too much effort and energy to explain something that shouldn't even need explaining. I couldn't even watch the whole ad it was so infuriating.

I'm glad there's been a massive backlash. Just like metoo lost credibility after Aziz ansari, toxic masculinity will now lose credibility from the APA and this ad.
I actually posted the same thing on incelsindenail (inceltears) as I wanted to compare how rational people here would react to it to how they react to it as it's composed entirely with valid undeniable points and experiences.

Unfortunately it seems you need to have all your posts moderated on there so I doubt it'll ever appear. I suppose I should've expected that.

Yep it needed a backlash because the last thing this world needs in more anti-masculinity. Women will still see us as worthless though whatever the case.

This is what pisses me off though we are expecting us to be accepted by women romantically yet we are having to deal with shit like this. It's like we have to dig through a whole other level of shit before our problems are addressed. Where's the support system for men who can't find a girlfriend for decades upon decades because no one wants them ffs?

But we're supposed to worry about correcting women or placing a hand on their shoulder? :worryfeels:
Good analysis mate.

This legit made me laugh so hard :feelskek::feelskek:

Ha. Thanks mate.

The funny thing is I too have been in this situation and it feels shit when someone condescends you or shoots down a point you try to make especially if it's a boss an you can't answer back but that's life in the workplace and it's definitely not a gender thing. A friend of mine has a female boss who makes condescending comments all day long to him no matter how hard he works but he just gets on with it which is what women should have to do too for equality.
View attachment 81807

100% Agree with you tbh.
That ad is pretty retarded, even normies see that. jfl @ the dislikes too

Thanks Weed. Ha yep it's getting close to a million.

Last edited:
My best friend is a male model looking Italian looking type guy and he literally gets girls swarming him, asking if they can take pictures of him on the street, flirted with heavily at the gym etc. I seen a woman who is an acquaintance of our friendship group who'd been happily married with 2 children for 20 years drunk and rubbing his penis through his pants and trying to kiss him on the lips the last time I was out in a club with him an he hadn't done a thing to invite it. This was after she had just offered herself to another of my friends who ending up getting a blowjob from her in the toilets while he filmed the thing happening which she didn't mind. I've seen some less good looking guys get similar things regularly too. In droves in fact.
BE6CB02E EED5 4F42 8D2C 60E6C4735298

9FD210D0 2DCD 48D6 9DB5 83DEE3B5F1FF

BA336B00 AC33 4AB2 87B6 CA943F965E04

1CD5D4B9 C28A 4463 BCB3 B236234BB171

3C072B33 3B0E 4B45 BE05 8C61BFF50F81

8FB67294 B8E1 4AC6 B46C 29D86DF1D006

Even the soycucks are pissed off. This guy looks like Ritalencel's wet dream explosive cuck orgasm fantasy and even he can't take it:

Even Piers Morgan is sticking up for us on this:-

A lot of the mainstream media seems to be against it.

The comments under the video give me hope for humanity.