Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

(Book): Rich Dad Poor Dad

Freixel

Freixel

Captain
★★★★★
I just read this famous book that I had on my list for a couple of years, I knew it would be bad but it was directly disappointing

There is a bit of basic wisdom that you can rescue that I summarize here:

-If you want to be rich, learn finance and accounting.

-Education and the mind are the most important assets.

-The secret to generating wealth is to build Assets and reduce Liabilities, saving is more important than waste.

-Invest your savings wisely

The rest is 200 pages of cheap motivational speech that would be perceived as an obvious scam today.
"Just believe in your dreams bro" "Anyone can become rich if they try hard enough bro" (in the area of finance)

He basically reduces everything to a condition of "will and motivation" and gives you examples like Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Warren Buffet, George Soros (jfl) as examples of "effort and self-improvement in the area of finances"

(As if these guys didn't already come from powerful families and were not protected by global power groups)

The rest is a repetition of the basic neoliberal discourse that led us to the social decay that is suffered so much today: Just be a psychopath who sees the world as a business and people and things as a money farm, only think about money

money money money

Pure brainless consumption.

The truth is that while I was reading it I felt like I was watching one of those totally artificial and fake YouTube motivational coaches, it felt low-iq

The guy also tells the story of his "two parents" which honestly seemed like a fable to me, probably an invention of the author's mind.

Last edited:
I just read this famous book that I had on my list for a couple of years, I knew it would be bad but it was directly disappointing

There is a bit of basic wisdom that you can rescue that I summarize here:

-If you want to be rich, learn finance and accounting.

-Education and the mind are the most important assets.

-The secret to generating wealth is to build Assets and reduce Liabilities, saving is more important than waste.

-Invest your savings wisely

The rest is 200 pages of cheap motivational speech that would be perceived as an obvious scam today.
"Just believe in your dreams bro" "Anyone can become rich if they try hard enough bro" (in the area of finance)

He basically reduces everything to a condition of "will and motivation" and gives you examples like Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Warren Buffet, George Soros (jfl) as examples of "effort and self-improvement in the area of finances"

(As if these guys didn't already come from powerful families and were not protected by global power groups)

The rest is a repetition of the basic neoliberal discourse that led us to the social decay that is suffered so much today: Just be a psychopath who sees the world as a business and people and things as a money farm, only think about money

money money money

Pure brainless consumption.

The truth is that while I was reading it I felt like I was watching one of those totally artificial and fake YouTube motivational coaches, it felt low-iq

The guy also tells the story of his "two parents" which honestly seemed like a fable to me, probably an invention of the author's mind.
None of them will tell you about luck or how to become rich it's good for you to have rich parents.

That sounds really lame. Honestly, The Richest Man In Babylon contains more financial wisdom than you've listed here.

That sounds really lame. Honestly, The Richest Man In Babylon contains more financial wisdom than you've listed here.

Well, the author also talks about and recommends that book, so I guess that's another plus point.

That book is a fraud.

But the premise of the name of the book is good.
To understand money you need wisdom from both the poor and the rich.
The poor man is in debt and can never succeed no matter what, they have nothing to spare.
A rich man have it on easy mode, as money is like gravity pulling more money into the already large stack.

A rich man has limited information and dont understand money, same for the poor. But the rich probably knows less.

That book is a fraud.

But the premise of the name of the book is good.
To understand money you need wisdom from both the poor and the rich.
The poor man is in debt and can never succeed no matter what, they have nothing to spare.
A rich man have it on easy mode, as money is like gravity pulling more money into the already large stack.

A rich man has limited information and dont understand money, same for the poor. But the rich probably knows less.

The name of the book is more attractive than its content, that's for sure.

And the guy who wrote it knows it well, he is a salesman after all.

Rich dad poor dad is low IQ.

How to get rich: sell a 20$ book on how to become rich

How to get rich: sell a 20$ book on how to become rich

I'm going to clarify that I didn't buy the book because I already knew it was a scam beforehand.

I download it for free as a pdf

most books of that nature are low effort scams that sell well due to the appeal of the topic.