Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Bluepill Doublethink

• Thread starter Grotesque Deformity
  • Start date
Grotesque Deformity

Grotesque Deformity

I can't breed
★★
Doublethink as defined by George Orwell as "the acceptance of contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time" is one of the cores of the bluepill ideology. This state of accepting two contradictory statements can be easily perceived in their common platitudes to us incels.
  • "Just be yourself" at the same time as "Improve yourself"
  • "Looks don't matter" at the same time as "You are shooting outside your league"
  • "You should approach people" doesn't have an exact contradictory match, but it is a contradiction on itself in the way where the burden of make the connection falls fully on our shoulders. What is it that makes others above approaching us and that is should be us doing it?
Why do I mention these things that many of the readers of this post will jump to saying "water is wet," is because most of us don't see the bigger picture in this. This is why I'm saying that most people aren't bluepilled, but somewhere between bluepilled and redpilled (the so called purplepill) as for someone to be truly bluepilled they need to make a conscious choice of allowing themselves the idiocy of holding two conflicting statements.

On the other hand most people simply hold no stance or if they do it is very weak and easily swept away by louder speakers. They can hold weak doublethink opinions or not, accept reality or deny it either way it is shaky and in the back of their mind. Instead of having a grand narrative with which they make their choices and walk their path in life, they respond to immediate stimuli like an animal. They defining trait is that they do not have any.

For someone to be truly bluepilled they both need to hold and fully accept contradictory opinions alongside ignoring observable reality, which needs a full suspension of all critical thought and reasoning. Another example of bluepilled thought patterns can be observed with "love is love" proponents, who promote children as young as six to be involved in fetishistic communities, but at the same time villainize men who sleep with foids a few years younger or the common right-wing trap of immigrants stealing all the jobs and being lazy at the same time or the PUA trope of harping about promiscuity while teaching men how to (supposedly) get sex with many foids.

Redpill is instead characterized by use of critical thinking, but denial of objective reality. An example of this would be PUAs or Masculinity/Wealth Gurus. They create a false narrative that is built on misinformation, half-truths or outright lying, but where they differ from the bluepiller is that they apply critical thinking within said narrative.

Lastly is the blackpill, which is simply the application critical thinking on the objective reality.

TLDR:
Bluepill -> No Critical Thinking and denial of reality
Redpill -> Critical Thinking and denial of reality
Blackpill -> Critical Thinking and acceptance of reality.

High IQ observation
Mods pin this
full

Smart post. It does annoy me a lot when I read advice from bluepillers and they contradict themselves multiple times, you can't just be yourself and improve yourself, which is it?

High IQ observation
Thanks.
It does annoy me a lot when I read advice from bluepillers and they contradict themselves multiple times, you can't just be yourself and improve yourself, which is it?
Yes indeed, it is quite annoying. That's why I don't argue with them in a traditional sense, because it is boring as it is equivalent to trying to explain colors to a blind person - impossible. I point out their contradiction and they practice some weird form of cognitive dissonance where they end up in a dead loop of insulting me.

I point out their contradiction and they practice some weird form of cognitive dissonance where they end up in a dead loop of insulting me.

Yes, I think it's this same cognitive dissonance that prevents normies from being "pilled" in the first place. Regardless of pill color. Most people aren't bluepilled in the classic sense, but certainly not blackpilled either.

Now, being bluepilled doesn't actually require one to "fully accept contradictory opinions alongside ignoring observable reality." People who are truly bluepilled are aware of the contradictions, but may dismiss them as exceptions, or not believe they can apply 100% of the time. I think most true bluepillers are incels in denial.

Interesting then, as different as it is to be bluepilled vs. blackpilled, the pills apply to people like us who are out of step with everyone else and abnormal in the first place. We need some sort of pill to explain things - whether it be the blackpill that cuts to a truth normies can't / won't acknowledge, or a bluepill which becomes almost like a religious belief and a form of copium. Normies themselves don't really need "pilling" to function.

Chicken-or-egg dynamic. Because they're normal, they never needed to question these things. Or, they lack the propensity to question these things in the first place (which, in turn, makes them normal). Yes, most normies ascribe to bluepill on the surface without even acknowledging or caring about their own contradictions. It seems that most people go through life oblivious to their own hypocrisy.

Chicken-or-egg dynamic. Because they're normal, they never needed to question these things. Or, they lack the propensity to question these things in the first place (which, in turn, makes them normal). Yes, most normies ascribe to bluepill on the surface without even acknowledging or caring about their own contradictions. It seems that most people go through life oblivious to their own hypocrisy.
Yes, indeed that's why I said that most people's defining trait is that they have none, they are like animals and function purely on reaction to current events without much care for either the past or the future. Their lives are either comfortable enough for them to be "content" or they are so crushed by drudgery that they can't really spare any time to think about anything than pure survival.

That's why it is the celebrities and other popular mainstream pontiffs which are the most devoted followers of the bluepill, despite knowing fully the contradictions it entails